Author Topic: Defund-Police Push Has Key Dem Candidates on Defense  (Read 298 times)

rangerrebew

Defund-Police Push Has Key Dem Candidates on Defense
« on: July 12, 2020, 02:01:59 pm »

Defund-Police Push Has Key Dem Candidates on Defense
By Susan Crabtree - RCP Staff
July 11, 2020

For Theresa Greenfield, the Democratic candidate trying to unseat GOP Sen. Joni Ernst in a state President Trump won by 9 points in 2016, the media’s focus over the past few months on the country’s violent racial unrest and demands to defund the police is at best a distraction from her down-to-earth Midwest “farm kid with farm kid values” campaign messaging.

With just four months left before voters go to the polls, the soft-spoken middle-aged mom and former commercial real estate broker has been focused on wooing swing rural and suburban women and older voters, with an emphasis on a traditional Democratic platform of preserving Social Security and other social safety nets. And Greenfield has a powerful personal backstory. Her husband, Rob, a lineman at the local power company, was killed in workplace accident years ago, and she depended on Social Security to get by as a single parent before getting a degree and becoming the president of her Des Moines-based real estate firm.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2020/07/11/defund-police_push_has_key_dem_candidates_on_defense.html?utm_source=rcp-today&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=mailchimp-newsletter&mc_cid=7885444125&mc_eid=6b57d68c7a

Offline LMAO

Re: Defund-Police Push Has Key Dem Candidates on Defense
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2020, 07:01:22 pm »
 All democrat candidates are going to be pushed to the left even if they know it’ll be tough to win that way.

Omar and Ocasio-Cortez run the party now
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy