Author Topic: Here’s what Spec Ops vets and female Soldiers think of the first female Green Beret  (Read 523 times)

rangerrebew

Here’s what Spec Ops vets and female Soldiers think of the first female Green Beret

Alex Hollings | July 9, 2020

For the first time in American history, a female Soldier has completed U.S. Army Special Forces training and has earned the right to don the legendary Green Beret.

Despite how often people get the moniker wrong, Special Forces is only a title that applies to the U.S. Army’s elite special operations Green Berets. SEALs, Rangers, Marine Raiders and others all fall under the broader term of “Special Operations,” but only the Green Berets are rightfully called Special Forces

https://www.sandboxx.us/blog/a-female-soldier-dons-the-legendary-green-beret-for-the-first-time-ever/

Offline Axeslinger

I, too, say that as long as they can do the job, TO THE SAME STANDARD, they probably shouldn’t be excluded.

However, I will lay money on this:  within a few years we will be hearing about how there’s not enough “diversity” in the SpecOps ranks, so we need to lower the standards to “fix this”
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I, too, say that as long as they can do the job, TO THE SAME STANDARD, they probably shouldn’t be excluded.
Agreed. I have ever felt the same about other tough jobs, from firefighter to oilfield work.
However, I will lay money on this:  within a few years we will be hearing about how there’s not enough “diversity” in the SpecOps ranks, so we need to lower the standards to “fix this”
I have seen such in the name of "diversity", and when I have, it was time to start looking for a new company to work for.
Unfortunately, there is a lot more on the line when we're talking armed forces, and that's a job no one else does.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

[/b]

@Axeslinger

It was said back when Bubba was President. I was working at Bragg as an advisor/role player to SFTG
when a female Captain "with political connections" got a slot in SFTG. She flunked out in Phase 1 IIRC,and DA raised a stink with the SFTG command and insisted they pass her. The end result was at least one Colonel and a CSM were forced into early retirement for refusing to give her a pass.

With the bunch of ass-kissing clerks we  have on the JCS now,it won't be long before blind paraplegic's
are given berets as "participation trophies".

I PERSONALLY know of one black Captain that was a West Point AND Ranger school graduate that was caught sleeping on outpost duty during Robin Sage,and had his machine gun,his rucksack,and his classified radio stolen while he was snoozing inside his sleeping bag. He woke up that morning and all he had was the handset in his hand. I know this to be a fact because I am the one that stole it all while he was sleeping.

I reported him to SWC,and in the morning they sent out a LTC to interview him,and they ended up taking him back to Bragg. I figured that was it for him,and he would be back in the 82nd by days end,but found out later they re-cycled him and sent him to a special "all black class and cadre" near Lumberton to repeat the exercise,and let him "graduate" and go to a group after graduation.

I shit you not.

The ONLY "sin" bigger than falling asleep on outpost duty in a war zone,even an assimilated war zone,is outright treason,yet they graduated this goober and gave him a beret.

No,I don't have any idea who he was related to. Pleasant guy to talk to,very articulate and personable,but if you can't be trusted on something as basic as staying awake on guard duty,how the hell can you be trusted with anything else?
« Last Edit: July 12, 2020, 04:52:04 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
[/b]

@Axeslinger

It was said back when Bubba was President. I was working at Bragg as an advisor/role player to SFTG
when a female Captain "with political connections" got a slot in SFTG. She flunked out in Phase 1 IIRC,and DA raised a stink with the SFTG command and insisted they pass her. The end result was at least one Colonel and a CSM were forced into early retirement for refusing to give her a pass.

With the bunch of ass-kissing clerks we  have on the JCS now,it won't be long before blind paraplegic's
are given berets as "participation trophies".

I PERSONALLY know of one black Captain that was a West Point AND Ranger school graduate that was caught sleeping on outpost duty during Robin Sage,and had his machine gun,his rucksack,and his classified radio stolen while he was snoozing inside his sleeping bag. He woke up that morning and all he had was the handset in his hand. I know this to be a fact because I am the one that stole it all while he was sleeping.

I reported him to SWC,and in the morning they sent out a LTC to interview him,and they ended up taking him back to Bragg. I figured that was it for him,and he would be back in the 82nd by days end,but found out later they re-cycled him and sent him to a special "all black class and cadre" near Lumberton to repeat the exercise,and let him "graduate" and go to a group after graduation.

I shit you not.

The ONLY "sin" bigger than falling asleep on outpost duty in a war zone,even an assimilated war zone,is outright treason,yet they graduated this goober and gave him a beret.

No,I don't have any idea who he was related to. Pleasant guy to talk to,very articulate and personable,but if you can't be trusted on something as basic as staying awake on guard duty,how the hell can you be trusted with anything else?
It'd be one thing to doze off leaning on your ruck with your weapon in your hand, another to be in the fart sack. I figure you didn't make much noise, either...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
It'd be one thing to doze off leaning on your ruck with your weapon in your hand, another to be in the fart sack. I figure you didn't make much noise, either...

@Smokin Joe

Well,it is true that I was as quiet and as gentle as possible. I wanted it to come as a surprise to him when the sun came up and his relief came down the hill to replace him.

As you can imagine,the army generally takes the loss of a machine gun and a classified radio pretty seriously,and I can only imagine the horror in his mind as he was trying to figure out how to explain that one.

And I,of course,acted surprised. I never let on I was the one that stole the stuff,and just let him sit there and sweat it out until the LTC from Bragg got there to take him back. That was when I told them both I had the stuff in my tent.

SURPRISE!

I can guarantee you that if he hadn't been a Captain and a graduate of West Point,he would have been out of the army in 30 days or less,not given a "gimme" slot to do it again.

Normally "black" would be a consideration,but West Point trumps everything. The WPPS will go to practically any length to protect an alum,and by extension,the institution itself.

Offline LegalAmerican

Women should not be in combat.  What a joke. Same with trannies.  When are they a man, or woman...when it comes to defending the country or their 'mate'?  NOT RELIABLE.  This will not go well. 
« Last Edit: July 13, 2020, 01:39:40 am by LegalAmerican »

Offline EdinVA

True, but don't forget, there is a world of difference between passing the training and real world missions.

Offline LegalAmerican

True, but don't forget, there is a world of difference between passing the training and real world missions.

BINGO!   

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@EdinVA

Not when it comes to field conditions and fatigue in either Ranger School or SFTG. Trust me on this.

In fact,real world missions are a little easier because you and everyone around you is experienced. In school,you are still trying to learn the "steps" and so is everyone else you are operating with.