Author Topic: Fatal shooting of armed Fort Carson soldier by local police ruled justified  (Read 414 times)

rangerrebew

Fatal shooting of armed Fort Carson soldier by local police ruled justified
Kyle Rempfer

Sgt. Virgill Thrope, 28, was a cavalry scout with the 3rd Armored Brigade Combat Team, 4th Infantry Division.

No charges will be filed against four Colorado Springs police officers who shot an Army staff sergeant multiple times, killing him, after he pointed an AR-15 rifle at police when they responded to a domestic disturbance call.

The shooting was deemed justified following a review of witness reports, physical evidence, police body camera footage, and the original 911 call by the 4th Judicial District Attorney’s Office for Colorado. The office determined that the four police officers “held a reasonable belief that Thorpe put the officers and his own family members in imminent danger.”

Staff Sgt. Virgill Thorpe, a 28-year-old cavalry scout and Afghanistan veteran assigned to nearby Fort Carson, was shot and killed on April 19. Officers were dispatched to a residence in the 3200 block of Oak Creek Drive East at about 9:30 p.m. in response to a domestic violence incident there.

https://www.armytimes.com/news/your-army/2020/07/10/fatal-shooting-of-armed-fort-carson-soldier-by-local-police-ruled-justified/

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Sad deal, all around.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@txradioguy  Sad story from Ft. Carson....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline skeeter

This is the kind of situation the left proposes to have social workers respond to instead of police.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
@txradioguy  Sad story from Ft. Carson....

Yeah it is.  Not sure what it is about this place.  A friend of mine in my MOS who works at Division HQ is in jail as we speak on 1st Degree murder charges in relation to the death of his son back in march.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline LegalAmerican

Yeah it is.  Not sure what it is about this place.  A friend of mine in my MOS who works at Division HQ is in jail as we speak on 1st Degree murder charges in relation to the death of his son back in march.

Not the place.  The people there.
-

Staff Sgt. Virgill Thorpe, a 28-year-old cavalry scout and Afghanistan veteran assigned to nearby Fort Carson, was shot and killed on April 19. Officers were dispatched to a residence in the 3200 block of Oak Creek Drive East at about 9:30 p.m. in response to a domestic violence incident there.=ARTICLE

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

Not the place.  The people there.
-

Staff Sgt. Virgill Thorpe, a 28-year-old cavalry scout and Afghanistan veteran assigned to nearby Fort Carson, was shot and killed on April 19. Officers were dispatched to a residence in the 3200 block of Oak Creek Drive East at about 9:30 p.m. in response to a domestic violence incident there.=ARTICLE
Something about the Front Range is different. Now, maybe that is just my aversion to cities, and ones run by liberals in an otherwise fairly conservative state (out west). But when you have to put up signs on the interstate telling people to move their damaged vehicles out of traffic, well, that is different from here, and something I haven't  seen anywhere else in NV, (western) CO, UT, ID, WY, MT, ND, SD, or NE in my last couple of years of traveling.

Maybe it's something in the water...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Something about the Front Range is different. Now, maybe that is just my aversion to cities, and ones run by liberals in an otherwise fairly conservative state (out west). But when you have to put up signs on the interstate telling people to move their damaged vehicles out of traffic, well, that is different from here, and something I haven't  seen anywhere else in NV, (western) CO, UT, ID, WY, MT, ND, SD, or NE in my last couple of years of traveling.

Maybe it's something in the water...

This place (Ft. Carson) is simultaneously the more requested duty station to come to and the most requested duty station to get away from.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!