Author Topic: Another GOP Senator Ditches Trump Over Roger Stone Corruption  (Read 1295 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Another GOP Senator Ditches Trump Over Roger Stone Corruption
By Melanie Davidson -July 11, 2020

On Friday, Trump commuted longtime confidant Roger Stone’s prison sentence, sparking  shock from both Republicans and Democrats. Stone was convicted of lying to Congress in connection with its investigation into Russia’s election interference.

On Saturday, Republican Senator Pat Toomey (PA) called the president’s decision “a mistake.” He said:

‘THE PRESIDENT CLEARLY HAS THE LEGAL AND CONSTITUTIONAL AUTHORITY TO GRANT CLEMENCY FOR FEDERAL CRIMES. HOWEVER, THIS AUTHORITY SHOULD BE USED JUDICIOUSLY AND VERY RARELY BY ANY PRESIDENT.’

Toomey said:

‘WHILE I UNDERSTAND THE FRUSTRATION WITH THE BADLY FLAWED RUSSIA-COLLUSION INVESTIGATION, IN MY VIEW, COMMUTING ROGER STONE’S SENTENCE IS A MISTAKE.’

He went on to say that Stone was:

‘DULY CONVICTED OF LYING TO CONGRESS, WITNESS TAMPERING, AND OBSTRUCTING A CONGRESSIONAL INVESTIGATION CONDUCTED BY A REPUBLICAN-LED COMMITTEE.’

Toomey also recalled in a July 8 interview that Attorney General William Barr had said he thought Stone’s prosecution was “righteous” and “appropriate.” He called Stone’s sentence “fair.”

Toomey said:

‘ANY OBJECTIONS TO MR. STONE’S CONVICTION AND TRIAL SHOULD BE RESOLVED THROUGH THE APPEALS PROCESS.’

https://bipartisanreport.com/2020/07/11/another-gop-senator-ditches-trump-over-roger-stone-corruption/
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline corbe

Re: Another GOP Senator Ditches Trump Over Roger Stone Corruption
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2020, 01:48:24 am »
   Collins, the worthless b1tch, in the middle of a tough reelection (she won her last one with 68% of the vote), will be onboard soon.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2020, 01:57:26 am »
   Collins, the worthless b1tch, in the middle of a tough reelection (she won her last one with 68% of the vote), will be onboard soon.

All the RINO's are starting to slither out.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2020, 02:08:43 am »

Toomey isn't Conservative either.  But Trump shouldn't have pardoned Stone.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2020, 02:14:03 am »

HERE they are. THE SAME ONE'S OVER & OVER AGAIN.  THE DIRTY DOZEN.  AMASH TOO.  MUSLIM. LIKE OMAR.
--------------------------------
I agree, and with RINO'S like these with demon-rats...how can our country survive?  Then Lindsey Graham, who said if Trump fires SESSIONS..his presidency will be over..and no one will support his agenda. I think people need to look at CONGRESS..not president TRUMP.

The 12 Senate Republicans who voted AGAINST president TRUMPS..National Emergency at Border.

Roger Wicker of Mississippi,

Marco Rubio of Florida,

Rob Portman of Ohio,
                                      * Susan Collins of Maine,
 Lisa Murkowski of Alaska,
Pat Toomey of Pennsylvania,
 Roy Blunt of Missouri,
 Lamar Alexander of Tennessee,
 Mitt Romney of Utah,
 Rand Paul of Kentucky,
Jerry Moran of Kansas
and Mike Lee of Utah.

Offline corbe

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2020, 02:28:43 am »
   More often than not @Chosen Daughter I struggle between the good and/or the evil of Trump. As much as I try to convince myself that Character and Principle still matter, I know it's a lost cause and now I don't let it bother me so much.   
   Normally I'd put in some sappy song here but I'm tired and my X is txtings me, furious of my last txt.

I don't take credit for your virtues, I will not take blame for your faults.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2020, 02:29:43 am by corbe »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2020, 02:43:46 am »
But Trump shouldn't have pardoned Stone.

One more time @Chosen Daughter   ... the President has not pardoned Roger Stone.  Stone's conviction is still in place and will be fought through the appeals process.  So stop the damn lies.

The President issued an act of CLEMENCY .. (or "mercy" if this is clearer for you) by commuting Stone's prison sentence.

Offline corbe

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2020, 03:14:38 am »
One more time @Chosen Daughter   ... the President has not pardoned Roger Stone.  Stone's conviction is still in place and will be fought through the appeals process.  So stop the damn lies.

The President issued an act of CLEMENCY .. (or "mercy" if this is clearer for you) by commuting Stone's prison sentence.

$hit, He's benevolent too.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2020, 03:15:30 am »
Toomey isn't Conservative either.  But Trump shouldn't have pardoned Stone.

He didn't. *****rollingeyes*****
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2020, 03:54:54 am »
HERE they are. THE SAME ONE'S OVER & OVER AGAIN.  THE DIRTY DOZEN.  AMASH TOO.  MUSLIM. LIKE OMAR.
--------------------------------
I agree, and with RINO'S like these with demon-rats...how can our country survive?  Then Lindsey Graham, who said if Trump fires SESSIONS..his presidency will be over..and no one will support his agenda. I think people need to look at CONGRESS..not president TRUMP.

The 12 Senate Republicans who voted AGAINST president TRUMPS..National Emergency at Border.

Roger Wicker of Mississippi,

Marco Rubio of Florida,

Rob Portman of Ohio,
                                      * Susan Collins of Maine,
 Lisa Murkowski of Alaska,
Pat Toomey of Pennsylvania,
 Roy Blunt of Missouri,
 Lamar Alexander of Tennessee,
 Mitt Romney of Utah,
 Rand Paul of Kentucky,
Jerry Moran of Kansas
and Mike Lee of Utah.

Amash is a Christian.  Probably your ignorance that tells you all families from the ME are Muslim.  Which is on its way to being true because Christians are being cleansed from their homes.   Syria under Turkish invasion ring a bell?
« Last Edit: July 12, 2020, 03:56:21 am by Chosen Daughter »

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2020, 03:58:05 am »
He didn't. *****rollingeyes*****

commuting his sentence.  Oh, act of clemency  *****rollingeyes*****

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2020, 04:05:46 am »
Gee, never once did I hear Toomey complain at any of Obama's 1,927 acts of clemency.  Trump has had a grand total of 36, yet Toomey suddenly has a problem with that.

Let's review, shall we?

Obama - 1,927
Trump -   36

I am so sick of this hypocrisy.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2020, 04:06:44 am »
commuting his sentence.  Oh, act of clemency  *****rollingeyes*****

Never hurts to throw a little accuracy in there. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2020, 04:09:07 am »
But Trump shouldn't have pardoned Stone.

You should be happy then, because Trump didn't pardon Stone.  How about a bit of praise for Trump then?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2020, 06:57:46 am »
You should be happy then, because Trump didn't pardon Stone.  How about a bit of praise for Trump then?

How about not?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2020, 01:16:52 pm »
How about not?

I'd be happy if you just stopped promoting lies as you did in this thread.  Stop lying.
I will NOT comply.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2020, 01:24:31 pm »
Perfect example of Trump critics hyperventilating over a perfectly legal act they couldn't have cared less about when some other president did it.

On to the next 'outrage'.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2020, 01:25:29 pm by skeeter »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2020, 04:14:00 pm »

@libertybele

It is as predictable as the sun rising in the east. Not even really worth reporting. All the RINO's care about is their seats and the wealth they accumulate from selling favors. Trump is a danger to both,so they were never going to support him.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2020, 04:27:10 pm »

Then Lindsey Graham, who said if Trump fires SESSIONS..his presidency will be over..and no one will support his agenda. I think people need to look at CONGRESS..not president TRUMP.

@LegalAmerican

LadyLindsey was never going to vote for him to start with. He was and is pretending to be a conservative so she can run for President in 2024 as a Republican.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2020, 04:29:27 pm »
Amash is a Christian. 

@Chosen Daughter

Big deal. So was Boy Jorge,Poppy,Babs,Bubba,Bubbette!,etc,etc,etc.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2020, 04:32:39 pm »
Gee, never once did I hear Toomey complain at any of Obama's 1,927 acts of clemency.  Trump has had a grand total of 36, yet Toomey suddenly has a problem with that.

Let's review, shall we?

Obama - 1,927
Trump -   36

I am so sick of this hypocrisy.

@Hoodat

I see it as more of an example of opportunism than hypocrisy. After all,who really thought he was going to support Trump to start with?d

Now he gets to pretend he isn't supporting Trump for moral reasons instead of greed. He got to pretend he is an actual Republican without upsetting his Dim paymasters.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2020, 05:39:41 pm »
@Chosen Daughter

Big deal. So was Boy Jorge,Poppy,Babs,Bubba,Bubbette!,etc,etc,etc.
I knew lots of people that threw the fish symbol on their trucks and business cards and called themselves 'christians' to get business and they tended to be among the worst thieves out there, same for a lot of the public, oh they knew how to talk the talk but it was all Bolshevik since they never walked the walk..............CINO's.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2020, 06:30:09 pm »
I knew lots of people that threw the fish symbol on their trucks and business cards and called themselves 'christians' to get business and they tended to be among the worst thieves out there, same for a lot of the public, oh they knew how to talk the talk but it was all Bolshevik since they never walked the walk..............CINO's.

You mean like Donald Trump?  I don't know if he has a fish symbol but he sure uses that old Bible that doesn't look like the pages have ever been turned.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2020, 06:34:33 pm »
You mean like Donald Trump?  I don't know if he has a fish symbol but he sure uses that old Bible that doesn't look like the pages have ever been turned.

@Chosen Daughter

Make sure you add "Holier than thou" to your resume.

Offline corbe

« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2020, 06:38:49 pm »
   I'm quite certain that @Chosen Daughter knows not to say 2 Corinthians in public.