Author Topic: Trump wears a mask during visit to wounded service members at Walter Reed  (Read 532 times)

Offline libertybele

I think he looks quite nice in the mask and I am very glad to see him wearing one, especially into a hospital.  Good move on his part as he is setting a good example for the rest of the country.

Trump wears a mask during visit to wounded service members at Walter Reed

President Donald Trump paid a visit to wounded service members at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center on Saturday and wore a mask after months of refusing to be seen doing so in public.
"I'll probably have a mask if you must know. I'll probably have a mask. I think when you're in a hospital especially in that particular setting, where you are talking to a lot of soldiers, people that in some cases just got off the operating table. I think it's a great thing to wear a mask. I've never been against masks but I do believe they have a time and a place," Trump told reporters ahead of his visit.
Trump was seen briefly in a mask while walking with staff, who also were wearing masks, at the medical center in Bethesda, Maryland. He did not make any remarks while wearing one. This is the first time since the pandemic began that the White House press corps got a glimpse of Trump with a face covering.
The President's decision to wear a mask during his Saturday trip to the medical center comes after months of declining to publicly wear one -- against the recommendations of his own administration's public health experts.

CNN previously reported that Trump's agreement to don a mask in public was the result of heavy "pleading" by aides, who urged the President to set an example for his supporters by wearing a mask on the visit.
During a Fox News interview Thursday, Trump teased his visit to Walter Reed, saying, "I expect to be wearing a mask when I go into Walter Reed. You're in a hospital setting, I think it's a very appropriate thing."............

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/11/politics/trump-walter-reed-visit-mask/index.html
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LegalAmerican

This is NEWS?  lol. He uses ketchup on his steak and drinks water.  In HOSPITAL..with sick people, all wear a mask. 

Offline corbe

If I got to wear them, he should wear them too. especially among our wounded warriors.  Granted, I wear them because of my Governor's orders, if I want food and supplies, I must comply. I like the fact Trump is wearing one, regardless of whether it will help flatten the curve or not, now I finally know we are all in this together.    *****rollingeyes*****
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
   If I got to wear them, he should wear them too. especially among our wounded warriors.  Granted, I wear them because of my Governor's orders, if I want food and supplies, I must comply. I like the fact Trump is wearing one, regardless of whether it will help flatten the curve or not, now I finally know we are all in this together.    *****rollingeyes*****

I went to several places today, no mask for most places.  The one place that required one?  The smoke shop. :shrug:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Right_in_Virginia

I think masks should always be required for hospital visitors  ....  especially when visiting patients in intensive care units and on surgical floors. 

Offline Applewood

In Pennsylvania, masks are required everywhere now.  Medical facilities here have been requiring them since March.  But Trump isn't the only one reluctant to wear a mask.  The state and local officials here who mandated masks for everyone don't themselves wear the masks. 

I don't care for masks myself, but if it makes someone else feel safer, I'll wear one.  And since wearing a mask is now required, I comply.  But it irks me that the officials who mandate wearing masks, social distancing and all the other horse manure they are subjecting us peasants to, don't comply with the same mandates. 

In this state, some people are exempt from the mask rule  -- patients with COPD, for example.  Now my buddy has COPD, but she still wears a mask.   I figure if she is willing to wear a mask even though it might restrict her breathing, then these kings and lords of the manor can wear them too.  They need to stop being babies, stop whining about how the masks ruin their image or whatever and just wear them.