Author Topic: Sessions hits back at Trump days ahead of Alabama Senate runoff  (Read 4466 times)

Offline libertybele

Re: Sessions hits back at Trump days ahead of Alabama Senate runoff
« Reply #125 on: July 14, 2020, 09:34:38 pm »
Using his pals in the Senate and the DOJ bureaucracy to prevent the President from appointing a replacement make Sessions worse than a crook. It makes Session complicit in the attempted coup.

If Sessions felt his only option was to resign from all things "Russia", he should have first approached the President explaining how this could cripple his administration and tendered his resignation.  Instead of announcing his asinine and unnecessary recusal to the Senate, he should have announced the President has accepted his resignation, stood up and walked away.  The choice he made makes Sessions a man without honor.

:amen:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #126 on: July 14, 2020, 09:35:46 pm »
The choice he made makes Sessions a man without honor.

And Trump is one?  Wow, that's a doozey.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #127 on: July 14, 2020, 09:39:41 pm »
Do you think it was an accident that several "Republican" Senators announced they would refuse to confirm any replacement if Sessions got fired?  That's Smokey Back Room shit right there.

I don't think anything that happens in that festering swamp is an accident! I've known for years what the problem is and it is NOT who we do or do not elect. It IS the unelected and completely unaccountable bureaucracy! Congress long ago turned its responsibilities over to them and it is all completely unconstitutional.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2020, 09:43:43 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline aligncare

« Reply #128 on: July 14, 2020, 10:03:15 pm »
I was not aware of his having done that @Right_in_Virginia. If he did, in fact, do that your argument is compelling.

That’s why I always read @Right_in_Virginia . Solid information with a little bit of payback.  :beer:

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #129 on: July 14, 2020, 10:48:25 pm »
Do you think it was an accident that several "Republican" Senators announced they would refuse to confirm any replacement if Sessions got fired?  That's Smokey Back Room shit right there.

That depends upon who the senators were. if names like Cruz and Lee and Cotton and Paul show up, you've got another think coming.

Offline DB

« Reply #130 on: July 14, 2020, 10:50:51 pm »
Nobody gives a crap what Flake thinks.  He bailed his office, and saw to it a Rat got the seat.  Flake is the biggest piece of shit that ever sat in the Senate.  The boy is quite proud of his pious self, and his kid who killed all those dogs in his Kennel.  23 good dawgs died that day.

I agree... He went way off the rails... Is he just a nut or was what got him elected an act?

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #131 on: July 14, 2020, 11:16:09 pm »
I combed through a lot of web sites, and strangely could only find one recent poll on this race.

That one poll from yesterday has Tuberville up by 10%, based on 538 LV
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #132 on: July 14, 2020, 11:55:21 pm »
And Trump is one?  Wow, that's a doozey.

Yes, Trump is honorable. In his presidential campaign—and really for years before he ever ran for president—Trump expressed an America first political perspective; he told voters in clear language what his political beliefs were. He told us he would fight for certain things if we elected him. We did, and four years later he’s proven to voters he keeps his word.

But, politics is dirty business. It’s hard to change the system. During normal times there’s resistance to change. Trump had to ruffle some feathers and break some eggs, but that’s part of the game. So, yes Trump is honorable and kept his word to voters, just as any successful businessman like Trump has done in honoring negotiated agreements throughout his career. You don’t get to be where Trump is by being dishonorable.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #133 on: July 15, 2020, 12:04:20 am »
Yes, Trump is honorable. In his presidential campaign—and really for years before he ever ran for president—Trump expressed an America first political perspective; he told voters in clear language what his political beliefs were. He told us he would fight for certain things if we elected him. We did, and four years later he’s proven to voters he keeps his word.

But, politics is dirty business. It’s hard to change the system. During normal times there’s resistance to change. Trump had to ruffle some feathers and break some eggs, but that’s part of the game. So, yes Trump is honorable and kept his word to voters, just as any successful businessman like Trump has done in honoring negotiated agreements throughout his career. You don’t get to be where Trump is by being dishonorable.
:yowsa:

Offline skeeter

« Reply #134 on: July 15, 2020, 12:15:21 am »

I’ve been watching politics pretty closely for 40 years Now and IMO although he hasn’t always been successful Trump has made a more earnest effort to follow through on his promises than any president during that time. Reagan was good, but he limited his efforts to two areas - tax cuts and the military.

Trumps agenda is far more ambitious and in a far more difficult political environment. And he has made significant progress.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2020, 12:17:09 am by skeeter »

Online rustynail

« Reply #135 on: July 15, 2020, 01:10:07 am »
Sessions came up short.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #136 on: July 15, 2020, 01:12:37 am »

U.S. Senate - GOP -- 428 of 2,281 precincts reporting (19%)
    Tommy Tuberville, GOP     50,961    60%   
    Jeff Sessions, GOP     33,720    40%
https://www.alabamanews.net/election-results/

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #137 on: July 15, 2020, 01:33:27 am »
30% of the vote in.  Tuberville up 62-38.

That's a wrap. 

Offline libertybele

« Reply #138 on: July 15, 2020, 01:37:25 am »
Well, the people of AL have made their decision.  Glad to see that they sent Sessions packing.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #139 on: July 15, 2020, 01:37:46 am »
Tommy Tuberville wins Republican Senate primary in Alabama
Associated Press, Jul 15, 2020 GMT

WASHINGTON (AP) — Tommy Tuberville wins Republican Senate primary in Alabama.

https://apnews.com/e6bcd6203406c7f6b53c1555743b96c3

Offline libertybele

« Reply #140 on: July 15, 2020, 01:40:25 am »

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #141 on: July 15, 2020, 01:41:03 am »
30% of the vote in.  Tuberville up 62-38.

That's a wrap.

It looks like they are getting around 200 voters per precinct... In Virginia a precinct is around 3000 voters so pretty low turnout...

Offline libertybele

« Reply #142 on: July 15, 2020, 01:43:05 am »
Maybe he can find a job in acting if they start remaking "The Beverly Hillbilies"  :rolling:

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #143 on: July 15, 2020, 01:47:36 am »
It looks like they are getting around 200 voters per precinct... In Virginia a precinct is around 3000 voters so pretty low turnout...

I just mentioned on another thread that extrapolated turnout will be about 360K total GOP votes in this runoff vs. 717K in the initial primary.  Possibly not good news taking the temperature of voter sentiment.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #144 on: July 15, 2020, 01:53:24 am »
I just mentioned on another thread that extrapolated turnout will be about 360K total GOP votes in this runoff vs. 717K in the initial primary.  Possibly not good news taking the temperature of voter sentiment.
We had a primary the 23 of june and our precinct only had 200 voters also.... hope it is better in november

Offline libertybele

« Reply #145 on: July 15, 2020, 01:55:31 am »

Possibly not good news, but right now I'm looking at it as Sessions is out; a person of little integrity who didn't do his dang job just got booted and a person who Trump promoted, won.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #146 on: July 15, 2020, 01:57:03 am »

Very typical of runoff elections, unfortunately.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #147 on: July 15, 2020, 01:58:44 am »
Possibly not good news, but right now I'm looking at it as Sessions is out; a person of little integrity who didn't do his dang job just got booted and a person who Trump promoted, won.

Jones and almost every other dim lawmaker has been either supportive, or silent on the side of the BLM / Antifa / Anti-LEO onslaught.

I have a feeling that's not going to go over very well in any Red state.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #148 on: July 15, 2020, 05:39:14 am »

woohoo, and another RINO ascends.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #149 on: July 15, 2020, 04:21:07 pm »

@Cyber Liberty

No kidding. It's almost like an oath they take.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!