Author Topic: Kasich: The Trump Show Is ‘Winding Down’ — ‘He Has Jumped the Shark’  (Read 758 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Pam Key 10 Jul 2020

Friday on CNN’s “OutFront,” former Gov. John Kasich (R-OH) said voters were no longer interested in President Donald Trump’s “show.”

When asked about Trump’s lowering poll numbers, Kasich said, “I kind of think she’s jumped the shark. That’s ‘Happy Days’ when Fonz jumped the shark, and that was about the end of the show. I’ve been saying that I think he has jumped the shark. People wanted him to mix it up. They said, let’s take a chance on this guy. This is about our families. It’s about our kids going back to school. It’s about mom and dad. It’s about grandma, grandpa. The guy won’t wear a mask. We’re behind the curve on all this. He’s dismissing it. When you do that, you are now messing around with people’s lives, and people don’t like that.”

He added, “So, you can see the Republicans beginning to retreat, and we see independents retreating in mass. It’s a very hard thing to fix. It’s never over until it’s over. As Yogi said, it ain’t over till it’s over. But at this point, losing all these people, including increasing numbers of the religious faithful is very, very difficult. It’s a very tough thing to dig out of.”

Burnett said, “The president’s canceled his New Hampshire rally. He’s cited storms from Tropical Storm Fay. The weather forecast shows the storm will be past where the rally is by the time it was scheduled to start tomorrow. It comes as Kellyanne Conway downplayed crowd expectations. They recently canceled a rally in Alabama. In Tulsa, they were stuck with photos of a pretty empty stadium. Does this all say anything to you?”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2020/07/10/kasich-the-trump-show-is-winding-down-he-has-jumped-the-shark/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Will someone stamp this turd, RETURN TO SENDER!

John Kasich is a nutjob.  Son of the poor postman, who cares what this knucklehead has to say?  Does this fool think America would EVER vote for him?  He is an idiot, and traitor to conservatism.  This idiot would be out tearing down statues with the mob he is that far gone.

Offline skeeter

What is this moron trying to accomplish here?

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
What is this moron trying to accomplish here?

That should be perfectly obvious @skeeter. At least it is to me.  Get Trump!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline skeeter

Yeah I know. The naked self interest of these GOP frauds still astonishes me.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Nothing worse than a has been politican desperately grabbing at self generated headlines to slow his sprialing fall into oblivion.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline PeteS in CA

Impotent and irrelevant sore loser sez wut?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Sad thing is that he will try and run again in 2024.  He had my respect in the 1990s with his efforts to rein in the spending by the federal government, but his mindset right now is almost as bad as Sanders.  He has become a nutjob, and his working for CNN has not helped him with his credibility.

Who in their right mind would vote for this fool?

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Sad thing is that he will try and run again in 2024.  He had my respect in the 1990s with his efforts to rein in the spending by the federal government, but his mindset right now is almost as bad as Sanders.  He has become a nutjob, and his working for CNN has not helped him with his credibility.

@jafo2010

Dims,and other confused meterosexuals.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline bilo

He can't be dumb enough to think that giving the Rats a victory in Nov. will help the Pub party. If the Rats control congress and the presidency you can bet mail in voting  along with ballot harvesting will become law. Once this happens the Republic is done.

As far as I'm concerned all the never Trumpers can go to hell.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
He can't be dumb enough to think that giving the Rats a victory in Nov. will help the Pub party. If the Rats control congress and the presidency you can bet mail in voting  along with ballot harvesting will become law. Once this happens the Republic is done.

As far as I'm concerned all the never Trumpers can go to hell.

@bilo

And it won't be a long trip.

Offline Slide Rule

I am from Ohio. We selected Kasich and got him good and hard. The man of principle sold whatever principles he had.
John used to be able to string conservative principles together. I heard him speak years ago. Good speech.

We do have another governor and sadly he is rino light, but preferable to John boy. I once wrote a letter to Mike Dewine.
It was a nasty gram. Mike failed to support Toledo in ousting Stainbrook as head of the Republcian party. The votes
were in, but Mike liked Stainbrook. We are rid of Stainbrook now, but it was another 8 years. Imagine having a dim
as head of your Republican party in a dim town.

As bad as Mike is, he is preferable to Kasich. We are comparing rats here. Kasich should retire while he has some dignity
and certainly leave CNN.

Have you no shame.

White, American, MAGA, 3% Neanderthal, and 97% Extreme Right Wing Conservative.

Recommended

J Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson
E Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
N Davies, Europe: A History
R Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
R Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
K Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
A Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, & Everything he wrote

Offline AL

From Ohio as well.  Its been a while since we had a good governor.  Columbus is a swamp, banking, insurance, government, and university, liberals everywhere.

Offline GrouchoTex

I wonder why this seems to be the case?
Paul Ryan was a budget hawk when he first arrived in DC also.

Offline skeeter

I wonder why this seems to be the case?
Paul Ryan was a budget hawk when he first arrived in DC also.

Because very nearly every politician is in DC for personal enrichment, and have to first figure out a 'hook' to sucker the rubes.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Because very nearly every politician is in DC for personal enrichment, and have to first figure out a 'hook' to sucker the rubes.

:yowsa: pointing-up
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@skeeter

I think it is more of a case that the corruption is so rampant in DC that after a year or two is seems to be normal and acceptable. What was once outrageous  becomes accepted as a part of daily life.

And it is so subtle in politics,"the game of compromise",that you don't even notice it happening to you.

Offline libertybele

I am from Ohio. We selected Kasich and got him good and hard. The man of principle sold whatever principles he had.
John used to be able to string conservative principles together. I heard him speak years ago. Good speech.

We do have another governor and sadly he is rino light, but preferable to John boy. I once wrote a letter to Mike Dewine.
It was a nasty gram. Mike failed to support Toledo in ousting Stainbrook as head of the Republcian party. The votes
were in, but Mike liked Stainbrook. We are rid of Stainbrook now, but it was another 8 years. Imagine having a dim
as head of your Republican party in a dim town.

As bad as Mike is, he is preferable to Kasich. We are comparing rats here. Kasich should retire while he has some dignity
and certainly leave CNN.

Have you no shame.

Agreed, though Kasich should have retired long ago.  No one wants to sit and watch him wave his liberal arms like an old demented windmill.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.