Author Topic: PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP TO NOTICIAS TELEMUNDO: “I’M TAKING CARE OF DACA … WE’RE GOING TO HAVE A ROAD  (Read 2621 times)

Offline skeeter

Trump is well aware of the dems reliability... It will be interesting to see what solution he comes up with.
I am sure it won't be what everyone is expecting....

There is NO WAY he's gonna sign anything which includes amnesty right now. If he is considering it then he might as well drop out of the race as James Carvile forecasts.

BTW as much as I would hope otherwise, I know illegals who've been brought here as kids are never going to be ejected and are in fact going to be given a chance to apply for citizenship. We were way beyond kicking them out years ago.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2020, 08:35:43 pm by skeeter »

Offline Applewood

Believe who and what you want.

I asked what I thought were valid questions and raised a legitimate point about the wall.  Not my fault if you can't or won't answer.  You are the second member in this forum today to give me grief.  Is this "Pick on Applewood Day?" 

Offline LegalAmerican

Why do people post AS IF...we are in normal times?  WE AREN'T.  "stomps foot and won't vote for TRUMP.".... OUR COUNTRY IS HANGING BY A THREAD....all communists are after destroying our constitution.  Our Bill of Rights AND POTUS TRUMP is our last chance to keep our country.  I don't get it.  How about some compromise is needed, to deal with DACA?  No one else addressed it before.  NO ONE ELSE TOOK CARE OF IT BEFORE.  So now we have a man that wants to resolve this.  DECADES OF THIS ISSUE...and 'I won't vote for him if he fixes this, the way I don't like'.   I don't get it.  Russia hoax, coup attempt, now covid, and ANTIFA, BLM, NBP.....and people stomp their foot.  "I won't vote for TRUMP'...if it doesn't go MY WAY".  SMH

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Offline LegalAmerican

I asked what I thought were valid questions and raised a legitimate point about the wall.  Not my fault if you can't or won't answer.  You are the second member in this forum today to give me grief.  Is this "Pick on Applewood Day?"

Why ANY question about a wall?  IT IS NEEDED.  ALL COUNTRY'S HAVE THEIR BORDERS.  WALLS WORK.  Mexico has their wall with Guatemala.  Muslim country's have their barriers.  VATICAN WALL,  ISRAEL WALL.   What was the question? 
Snippet below. There are more walls, if you want to see them.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
« Last Edit: July 11, 2020, 08:57:10 pm by LegalAmerican »

Offline skeeter

Apparently we have different definitions for 'grief'. I do not think you actually expected answers to your questions.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Last I heard,  his intent was to send them all back and have them apply LEGALLY for coming into America.  Why would he lose your vote?  HE IS STILL THE BEST THING WE HAVE GOING FOR OUR NATION. 

@libertybele @LegalAmerican

There it is.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online roamer_1

Offline libertybele

@libertybele @LegalAmerican

There it is.

Granting amnesty is NOT the best thing for this country. In doing so, it will eventually give them the right to apply for citizenship and once they are citizens they have the right to vote -- potentially giving the DEMS a larger voting base. Do you really think amnesty will stop here?  There are over 20,000,000 illegals who want amnesty and eventual citizenship -- again great potential of expanding the DEM base.

I suppose if Trump starts to trample on the 2A, you'd still think he'd be the best for this country??

Absolutely, neither is Biden or the DEMS . 

I have always stated that I would vote for the person who I thought would take this country in a positive direction -- I'm not seeing that right now.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Granting amnesty is NOT the best thing for this country. 
Absolutely, neither is Biden or the DEMS . 

@libertybele

And just HOW is it that you know Trump is talking about granting a full amnesty,and not a conditional one with limits?

Think MAYBE the press is spinning this?

Offline libertybele

@libertybele

And just HOW is it that you know Trump is talking about granting a full amnesty,and not a conditional one with limits?

Think MAYBE the press is spinning this?

@sneakypete I'm going by what he has been quoted as saying.  The WH has not come forward as far as I know to dispute that he said he was going to sign an e.o. allowing a roadway to citizenship for DACA recipients.  Conditional limits?  Sounds pretty straight forward to me.  A roadway to citizenship for ILLEGALS is amnesty.  Amnesty is amnesty.

Sure the press could be putting their spin on this but again, so far the WH has not refuted this.

The argument that Biden and the DEMS aren't good for the country I fully acknowledge that, but neither is granting amnesty and broadening their base so that the GOP doesn't stand a chance of ever seating another candidate for a very very long time.

« Last Edit: July 11, 2020, 11:04:49 pm by libertybele »

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline EdinVA

@sneakypete I'm going by what he has been quoted as saying.  The WH has not come forward as far as I know to dispute that he said he was going to sign an e.o. allowing a roadway to citizenship for DACA recipients.  Conditional limits?  Sounds pretty straight forward to me.  A roadway to citizenship for ILLEGALS is amnesty.  Amnesty is amnesty.

Sure the press could be putting their spin on this but again, so far the WH has not refuted this.

The argument that Biden and the DEMS aren't good for the country I fully acknowledge that, but neither is granting amnesty and broadening their base so that the GOP doesn't stand a chance of ever seating another candidate for a very very long time.

What are Trumps options?

Leave DACA in place?
Congress won't touch it and the SCOTUS won't let Trump kill it.....
So what are the options?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
What are Trumps options?

Leave DACA in place?
So what are the options?

@EdinVA

Seems his only option is to take the blame for the inaction of the Dims and the RINO's.

I strongly suspect there will be a "new sheriff in town" after he is sworn in for his second term,though.

Offline libertybele

What are Trumps options?

Leave DACA in place?
So what are the options?

.... the chief justice (Roberts) made clear that the decision was based on procedural issues and that the Trump administration could try to redress them.

“We do not decide whether DACA or its rescission are sound policies,” the chief justice wrote. “We address only whether the agency complied with the procedural requirement that it provide a reasoned explanation for its action
.”.....

So ... the Trump administration and team of lawyers could try to visit this matter again....instead Trump has announced he will sign an e.o. granting them a pathway to citizenship. 

Keep in mind the number of DACA recipients is appx. 700,000!!!  That's 700,000 new DEM voters!  Once amnesty is granted to that group...other ILLEGALS will be expecting much the same.

Roberts was one of the worst things "W" did to conservatives.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/18/us/trump-daca-supreme-court.html

Offline EdinVA

.... the chief justice (Roberts) made clear that the decision was based on procedural issues and that the Trump administration could try to redress them.

“We do not decide whether DACA or its rescission are sound policies,” the chief justice wrote. “We address only whether the agency complied with the procedural requirement that it provide a reasoned explanation for its action
.”.....

So ... the Trump administration and team of lawyers could try to visit this matter again....instead Trump has announced he will sign an e.o. granting them a pathway to citizenship. 

Keep in mind the number of DACA recipients is appx. 700,000!!!  That's 700,000 new DEM voters!  Once amnesty is granted to that group...other ILLEGALS will be expecting much the same.

Roberts was one of the worst things "W" did to conservatives.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/18/us/trump-daca-supreme-court.html
The re-submission to the SCOTUS is a legal paper chase that takes time.. nothing that a businessman can add value to.

Better he make use of the time rather than hovering over a bunch of overpaid lawyers....

Offline corbe

DACA implies citizenship, that is wrong!
   Trump should relitigate the 3/5 clause in the SC and let Chelsea Clinton's granddaughter suffer the monument destruction later, we just don't need this $hit right now.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline libertybele

DACA implies citizenship, that is wrong!
   Trump should relitigate the 3/5 clause in the SC and let Chelsea Clinton's granddaughter suffer the monument destruction later, we just don't need this $hit right now.

There is a slight glimmer of hope to save this Republic right now and instead Trump is focusing on Venezuela and granting citizenship to DACA.  Gee, what is wrong with that picture???  What happened to Americans first??????    9999hair out0000  His SOTU speech was excellent as well as his speech at Rushmore .... words ... we need action.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Geezus, people!  Two plus two? 

Anyone?   Buehler??

As previously noted in this thread, the DACAs aren't going anywhere.  They're just as American as you and I.

President LBJ said about the 1964 Civil Rights Act that "...those n****ers will be voting Democrat for the next 200 years".

President Trump has given the Hispanics working in the U.S. the best economy and paychecks in their history.

It's less than 4 months away from the election, and the American voter in general has an attention span marked in minutes, not months.

POTUS knows exactly what he's doing.  Lose your personal biases and get with the program.

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline corbe

If the Trumpers (and the other red meat eaters) can pull this (.......) across the finish line in less than 4 months, he deserves my complete and undivided attention.   @libertybele
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline corbe

Anyone?   Buehler??

As previously noted in this thread, the DACAs aren't going anywhere.  They're just as American as you and I.

President LBJ said about the 1964 Civil Rights Act that "...those n****ers will be voting Democrat for the next 200 years".

President Trump has given the Hispanics working in the U.S. the best economy and paychecks in their history.

It's less than 4 months away from the election, and the American voter in general has an attention span marked in minutes, not months.

POTUS knows exactly what he's doing.  Lose your personal biases and get with the program.

POTUS is fishing for the Hispanic votes, agreed @DCPatriot  not unlike his BS Jail program last year, (IVanka sponsored) and I'm OK with that, it's political survival in this climate. 

I guess I'm still stuck in the Eisenhower Era.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Anyone?   Buehler??

88devil   888high58888

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Keep in mind the number of DACA recipients is appx. 700,000!!! 

Are you seriously expecting 700,000 people to be frog marched back to somewhere south of Texas??

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline corbe

Are you seriously expecting 700,000 people to be frog marched back to somewhere south of Texas??

With all due respect @Right_in_Virginia That's exactly what he said immediately after his infamous escalator ride in 15.

Offline Gemmarose

Only very slightly off-topic;  can anyone tell me the last time democrats upheld their end of a bargain in this area?  Or  ANY area for that matter?

I doubt that has ever happened  :shrug:
Democracy is the worse form of government known to man, with the exception of every other form of government known to man.
-Winston Churchill

Offline Gemmarose

With all due respect @Right_in_Virginia That's exactly what he said immediately after his infamous escalator ride in 15.

You took the thoughts right out of my head.
Democracy is the worse form of government known to man, with the exception of every other form of government known to man.
-Winston Churchill