Author Topic: ‘The Wonder Years’ Reboot to Feature Black Family in Turbulent 1960s Montgomery, Alabama  (Read 813 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Warner Todd Huston 8 Jul 2020

ABC has ordered the pilot to a reboot of the 1990s comedy series The Wonder Years from Oscar-nominated power producer Lee Daniels, with the reimagined series to feature a black family living in 1960s Montgomery, Alabama.

The original series, which debuted in 1988, starred Fred Savage as the focal point of a coming-of-age story whose family lived in Montgomery, Alabama, during the 1960s and into the 70s. In 1989, Savage became the youngest actor ever nominated for an Emmy award for lead in a comedy series. During its 7-year run, the heartwarming series was nominated for 76 awards and won 22.

The series took on many tough topics. But its success came mainly from a fond memory of the era in which it was set. It is unclear how the show about a black family set in the south during the civil rights fights will land but it’s not unfamiliar territory for Daniels, who’s brought similar fare to the big and small screen with Monster’s Ball, The Butler, and Empire.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment/2020/07/08/the-wonder-years-reboot-to-feature-black-family-in-turbulent-1960s-montgomery-alabama/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I'm guessing it won't be a comedy.. :shrug:
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Right_in_Virginia

I'm guessing it won't be a comedy.. :shrug:

I'm guessing it won't last a season.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
I'm guessing it won't last a season.

I'm guessing if the setting was Chicago they would have to rename it "The Wonder Days" and it wouldn't last two weeks.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline LegalAmerican

Warner Todd Huston 8 Jul 2020

ABC has ordered the pilot to a reboot of the 1990s comedy series The Wonder Years from Oscar-nominated power producer Lee Daniels, with the reimagined series to feature a black family living in 1960s Montgomery, Alabama.

The original series, which debuted in 1988, starred Fred Savage as the focal point of a coming-of-age story whose family lived in Montgomery, Alabama, during the 1960s and into the 70s. In 1989, Savage became the youngest actor ever nominated for an Emmy award for lead in a comedy series. During its 7-year run, the heartwarming series was nominated for 76 awards and won 22.

The series took on many tough topics. But its success came mainly from a fond memory of the era in which it was set. It is unclear how the show about a black family set in the south during the civil rights fights will land but it’s not unfamiliar territory for Daniels, who’s brought similar fare to the big and small screen with Monster’s Ball, The Butler, and Empire.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment/2020/07/08/the-wonder-years-reboot-to-feature-black-family-in-turbulent-1960s-montgomery-alabama/

Not this again?  Don't they have any history or plays themselves?   We have a Black James Bond, black superman, black Santa Claus, Black sleeping beauty,  Black snow white!  Yes, a cartoon of black, Snow White.  Then black cinderella,
Black DOROTHY in the WIZ....  We had Everybody LOVES RAYMOND.  Then it was Everybody Hates Chris, a black show.
Don't we call this culture appropriation?   If they don't copy our white heritage,  they have none?   Oh, we had little SAMBO, but that was supposed to be racist.  I am sure there are other white shows, stories, made into black shows.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Great another spit on Alabama show.... so look forward to it. /s
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline EdinVA

There is a huge intellectual vacuum in California.. Nothing new coming out of hollyweird in decades.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I sure hope via ratings the networks and advertisers take note that people don't care or give a shit about being preached to about SJW Horseshit.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
More woke shit, shoved down your throat whether you like it or not, whitey.

Offline goatprairie

I'm guessing if the setting was Chicago they would have to rename it "The Wonder Days" and it wouldn't last two weeks.
If it was set in Chicago, they'd have to call it The Shooting Gallery.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
There is a huge intellectual vacuum in California.. Nothing new coming out of hollyweird in decades.
It was obvious when they made the Flintstones into a movie.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
More woke shit, shoved down your throat whether you like it or not, whitey.
Eff 'em, I have an off switch, too, and plenty of alternatives to the latest stuff.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis