Author Topic: Below The Radar: Regulate Marijuana Like Alcohol Act  (Read 627 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Below The Radar: Regulate Marijuana Like Alcohol Act
« on: July 09, 2020, 12:36:34 am »
 Ammoland Inc. Posted on July 7, 2020 by Harold Hutchison   

Many Second Amendment supporters don’t follow the debate over the legalization of marijuana. For many, it doesn’t seem to register. But right now, some of the effects of that debate could impact people’s Second Amendment rights.

Put it this way – while some states have decriminalized even the recreational use of marijuana, the federal government has not. 21 USC 802(16) lists marijuana (spelled marihuana in the law) as a controlled substance, and it is listed among such substances that can get a person a felony drug conviction. Such a conviction means good-bye to your Second Amendment rights.

Under 18 USC 922, though, one doesn’t need to be convicted on a drug charge to get hit with a 10-year federal sentence. All one has to be is an unlawful user of a controlled substance. This can include marijuana, as this case in Iowa illustrates. The United States Concealed Carry Association has outlined a lot of that on its site.

Here, a number of normal Second Amendment champions have not really been moving on this issue. But Representative Earl Blumenauer (D-OR) has introduced HR 420, the Regulate Marijuana Like Alcohol Act. This legislation takes marijuana and puts it on the same tier as alcohol with regards to federal regulation. The most important feature is that marijuana no longer becomes a controlled substance, which ends a lot of legal jeopardy for those who exercise their Second Amendment rights while using marijuana.

More: https://www.ammoland.com/2020/07/below-the-radar-regulate-marijuana-like-alcohol-act/#axzz6RajCVgt6

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Re: Below The Radar: Regulate Marijuana Like Alcohol Act
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2020, 01:22:00 am »
Usually these pro-pot articles leave a lot of information on the person arrested out... The first linked example they give is some young black boy that was arrested for pot and a gun... sounds simple enough, but since he was charged with felony marijuana conspiracy that means the pot amount was probable more than just a joint and he was delivering it to someone else. Elsewhere it reads this kid had been doing drugs since his early teens... and his brothers were both shot dead at a young age doing the drug game.

Funny, he was stopped for speeding at 1:30am (I thought pot smokers didn't speed according to some here at TBR). Seems he had a recent history of drugs in two home searches and two other times he was pulled over.

This is no "one joint" and they lock you up and deny you your rights thing. Far as I can tell, I have never seen a one joint felony charge.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2020, 01:56:56 am »
Usually these pro-pot articles leave a lot of information on the person arrested out... The first linked example they give is some young black boy that was arrested for pot and a gun... sounds simple enough, but since he was charged with felony marijuana conspiracy that means the pot amount was probable more than just a joint and he was delivering it to someone else. Elsewhere it reads this kid had been doing drugs since his early teens... and his brothers were both shot dead at a young age doing the drug game.

Funny, he was stopped for speeding at 1:30am (I thought pot smokers didn't speed according to some here at TBR). Seems he had a recent history of drugs in two home searches and two other times he was pulled over.

This is no "one joint" and they lock you up and deny you your rights thing. Far as I can tell, I have never seen a one joint felony charge.

I came close. I was arrested Dec31/1973 with 2 joints.

In June 1973, House Bill 447 was signed into law to significantly reduce penalties for cannabis offenses. Prior to its passage Texas had the harshest cannabis laws of any state in the nation, with possession of any amount classified as a felony offense punishable by two years to life in prison

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2020, 02:14:36 am »
I am against M.J.  They want us lulled, into submission.  WHY...do people NEED this drug?  What are you escaping? 

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2020, 02:54:07 am »
I am against M.J.  They want us lulled, into submission.  WHY...do people NEED this drug?  What are you escaping?

What other plants are you against people using?

Are you against people using these plants as well?

Salvia
Ayahuasca
Betel nut
Tobacco
Jimsonweed
Coca
Belladonna
Peyote
Psilocybe
Jimson weed
Mandrake
Morning Glory
Hawaiian Baby Woodrose
Tobacco
coffee
kola nuts

They all contain "Evil Drugs" of one type or another, according to some.