Author Topic: Tests may miss more than 1 in 5 COVID-19 cases  (Read 536 times)

Offline libertybele

Tests may miss more than 1 in 5 COVID-19 cases
« on: July 08, 2020, 10:56:44 pm »
So, this would indicate that the COVID-19 cases are actually higher. 20% who are tested test a false negative.  I would think that most people would have some COVID symptom leading them to get checked. 

The tests are far from accurate then, so why on earth should we trust any vaccine??

Tests may miss more than 1 in 5 COVID-19 cases

All data and statistics are based on publicly available data at the time of publication. Some information may be out of date. Visit our coronavirus hub and follow our live updates page for the most recent information on the COVID-19 outbreak.

The majority of tests for the novel coronavirus involve taking a swab from the back of the nose or the throat for genetic analysis.

This analysis uses a laboratory procedure called reverse transcriptase-polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR), which converts genetic material from the virus (RNA) to DNA before amplifying it. It allows the detection of genetic material specific to the SARS-CoV-2 virus, confirming a diagnosis of the associated disease, COVID-19.

Although serological, or antibody, tests are also available, these typically serve to confirm a past infection in people who have since recovered from COVID-19, rather than to detect an active infection.

There has been much discussion about the accuracy of antibody tests, with manufacturers even withdrawing some such tests due to concerns about their reliability. A new analysis suggests that the accuracy of RT-PCR could also be under question.

Scientists from Johns Hopkins Medicine in Baltimore, Maryland, have shown that as many as 1 in 5 RT-PCR tests for the coronavirus may produce false negatives, incorrectly informing a patient that they do not have a SARS-CoV-2 infection when they actually do................

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/tests-may-miss-more-than-1-in-5-covid-19-cases
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Tests may miss more than 1 in 5 COVID-19 cases
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2020, 10:59:10 pm »
2020.... The Year of The Great COVID ClusterF___.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2020, 11:09:49 pm »
2020.... The Year of The Great COVID ClusterF___.

2020 the downfall of the U.S.A. brought to you by Biden, cronies and China!

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2020, 11:28:37 pm »
Don't care, don't care, don't care. Even if I get the virus, I simply don't care anymore.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Axeslinger

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2020, 11:33:16 pm »
^^^^^^

THIS!!!  1000x THIS!
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Applewood

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2020, 12:44:19 am »
Don't care, don't care, don't care. Even if I get the virus, I simply don't care anymore.

I'm not scared.  I'm angry as hell.  Angry that every time another positive is reported, our fearless leaders shut down bars and other gathering places.  So far, they are "recommending" we all stay home except for groceries and such.  But I'm waiting for that "recommendation" to become mandatory. 

This *bleep* has to stop.  I still believe there are significantly more false positives than false negatives.  But no one is looking into that. 
« Last Edit: July 09, 2020, 12:45:29 am by Applewood »

Offline libertybele

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2020, 01:02:05 am »
I'm not scared.  I'm angry as hell.  Angry that every time another positive is reported, our fearless leaders shut down bars and other gathering places.  So far, they are "recommending" we all stay home except for groceries and such.  But I'm waiting for that "recommendation" to become mandatory. 

This *bleep* has to stop.  I still believe there are significantly more false positives than false negatives.  But no one is looking into that.

Well, not so sure about the false positives as you cannot (at least around here) get tested without a doctors order and you have to be symptomatic in order for the doctor to send you for testing.  So, I would think that a false positive would be rare.

Parks, libraries, playgrounds, restaurants and non-essential businesses were shutdown -- not really a mandate, but a forced shutdown, so you really couldn't go to these places even if you wanted to.  I don't see them mandating us to stay home, but ordering non-essential businesses to close again.

Yes this is an infringement on rights, but in the same light, we are ordered to evacuate for hurricanes, take cover for tornadoes, boil water notices are given when water is contaminated, down swim in certain areas along the beach etc., and for that matter you have to wear shoes and a shirt to enter most places of businesses.   Most of us understand those orders and comply.  My fear is that Big Brother is now using this virus to "control" and this is what most of us have a problem with.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2020, 01:21:55 am »
CORRECT!    1984.

My fear is that Big Brother is now using this virus to "control" and this is what most of us have a problem with.=LIBERTYBELLE

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2020, 01:27:21 am »
And I see no point in any test, unless one is so sick and need a doctor, then to determine HOW to treat you and with what.  Why get tested?  If one survives the flu, cold, then so what?  Many flu's out there.  Some, I've had.  I think people need to look into keeping their IMMUNE systems in top shape.  I use some herbs, homemade elderberry tincture, Vitamin D. Plenty sunshine in the S.W.   Why get tested if one is not at deaths door?

Offline Applewood

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2020, 01:40:44 am »
Well, not so sure about the false positives as you cannot (at least around here) get tested without a doctors order and you have to be symptomatic in order for the doctor to send you for testing.  So, I would think that a false positive would be rare.

Parks, libraries, playgrounds, restaurants and non-essential businesses were shutdown -- not really a mandate, but a forced shutdown, so you really couldn't go to these places even if you wanted to.  I don't see them mandating us to stay home, but ordering non-essential businesses to close again.

Yes this is an infringement on rights, but in the same light, we are ordered to evacuate for hurricanes, take cover for tornadoes, boil water notices are given when water is contaminated, down swim in certain areas along the beach etc., and for that matter you have to wear shoes and a shirt to enter most places of businesses.   Most of us understand those orders and comply.  My fear is that Big Brother is now using this virus to "control" and this is what most of us have a problem with.

I can understand emergency situations like hurricanes, tornados and such.  There has to be someone in authority to issue orders to keep us safe and yes, we should comply.  But these orders are temporary.  One day, maybe two, till the crisis is over.  But this *bleep* has been going on since March.  And there is no consistency, no rhyme or reason for most of it.  I now have developed some paranoia that case numbers are being fudged as an excuse to shut businesses and put us under lockdown.  The question is why?  Flush the economy down the toilet so Trump will be blamed and lose the election?  A prelude to a dictatorial takeover of this country?  I don't know, but it's making me one unhappy camper.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2020, 01:49:38 am »
I can understand emergency situations like hurricanes, tornados and such.  There has to be someone in authority to issue orders to keep us safe and yes, we should comply.  But these orders are temporary.  One day, maybe two, till the crisis is over.  But this *bleep* has been going on since March.  And there is no consistency, no rhyme or reason for most of it.  I now have developed some paranoia that case numbers are being fudged as an excuse to shut businesses and put us under lockdown.  The question is why?  Flush the economy down the toilet so Trump will be blamed and lose the election?  A prelude to a dictatorial takeover of this country?  I don't know, but it's making me one unhappy camper.

Well, I don't know if you've read some of my posts, but you are not alone in your thinking. I believe Biden/Fauci have orchestrated this virus along with the Chinese to bring down our economy and Trump.  Too coincidental that his opposition stepped down when they had more delegates and let him have the reins.  Biden has financial ties to China and Fauci led research over there for several years.

Floyd's death was an accident (so far I still believe that) but the leftists and Soros saw it as the perfect opportunity to take down our Republic -- they are trying right now to erase history. All the BLM/Antifa b.s. combined with COVID = the prefect storm to destroy this country and everything Trump has worked on to take us in a better direction.

I'm not sure we will see another election, and even if so, because of the fraud and corruption I don't believe Trump has a snowballs chance of winning.

I'm praying for a miracle.