Author Topic: Biden-Sanders 'unity task force' rolls out Democratic platform recommendations  (Read 261 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden-Sanders 'unity task force' rolls out Democratic platform recommendations
By Julia Manchester - 07/08/20 04:05 PM EDT

The Democratic unity task force set up by presumptive presidential nominee Joe Biden (D) and former presidential contender Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) rolled out its recommendations for the party on Wednesday.

The task force, which was launched in May, laid out its platform recommendations on a number of key issues including climate change, criminal justice reform, immigration policies, health care, education and the economy in a 110-page document.

Among the proposals laid out, Biden and Sanders called for environmental reforms, including a carbon-free electricity generation by 2035.

The development comes as Biden has worked to unite the progressive and centrist wings of the Democratic Party, which have experienced deep divisions going back to the 2016 Democratic primary.

Sanders and Biden formed the task force shortly after the progressive senator endorsed Biden, despite their disagreements on a number of key issues including "Medicare For All."

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/506439-biden-and-sanders-unity-task-force-roll-out-democratic-platform
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline berdie

If for some reason Michelle won't run and Joe taps Bernie...we have a huge problem. It seems outlandish to me, but they are Dems.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
If for some reason Michelle won't run and Joe taps Bernie...we have a huge problem. It seems outlandish to me, but they are Dems.

I really think Biden loses if he taps Sanders.

Bern is the most unlikeable politican in my lifetime.  His perpetual lack of interpersonal skills and hard core commie values will piss off 10% of the middle easily.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline berdie

I really think Biden loses if he taps Sanders.

Bern is the most unlikeable politican in my lifetime.  His perpetual lack of interpersonal skills and hard core commie values will piss off 10% of the middle easily.

I agree. He is unlikeable to you and I...but he has quite an "army" that don't seem to feel the same way. Free stuff! Free stuff!