Author Topic: AOC Has A Racist Identity Crisis: "Latinos Are Black"  (Read 538 times)

rangerrebew

AOC Has A Racist Identity Crisis: "Latinos Are Black"
« on: July 08, 2020, 05:15:47 pm »
AOC Has A Racist Identity Crisis: "Latinos Are Black"

Rep Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez has made some ridiculous comments in the past. She has claimed that the migrant detention centers were comparable to Concentration Camps, claimed there is no middle class, and that climate change is just as dangerous as World War II was to America. But she's not done making off the wall remarks. AOC was asked what the Latinx community should do in order to help fight racism and she claimed that "Latinos are black." Didn't see that one coming...

"What do you think the Latinx community should do to stop racism among them and among other races?" AOC was asked.

Congresswoman Ocasio-Cortez replied:

https://freedomupdates.com/the-latest/aoc-has-a-racist-identity-crisis-latinas-are-black/

Online roamer_1

Re: AOC Has A Racist Identity Crisis: "Latinos Are Black"
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2020, 06:55:53 pm »
No, in fact, Latinos are white. Until some time past the 60's there was red, yellow, black, and white. Brown wasn't a thing.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2020, 07:37:09 pm »
No, in fact, Latinos are white. Until some time past the 60's there was red, yellow, black, and white. Brown wasn't a thing.

You can see from this, that PR has a significant fraction of blacks.

I recall reading about the Carib, with Natives from the islands and the mainland, Euroros mainly from Spain, Africans, etc.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puerto_Rico#Population_makeup
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online roamer_1

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2020, 07:59:38 pm »
You can see from this, that PR has a significant fraction of blacks.

I recall reading about the Carib, with Natives from the islands and the mainland, Euroros mainly from Spain, Africans, etc.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puerto_Rico#Population_makeup

My BIL is a Costa Rican black... Basically Central American Latino in flavor, with a whole bunch of Jamaica mixed in. Great guy. A mover and a shaker, with exactly none of the American Black culture in him... Funny as all heck, as he listened to a lot of Don Williams growing up. Knows every word of every song. Didn't see that coming.

His son is my sister's, so mulatto, and grew up here. He fits right in, in spite of his dread locks. He wears his Jamaican side with pride, but he is a Montanan, through and through, and there ain't no doubt about it.

He has his niece up here too - she's American on her daddy's side (deceased), but grew up down there. Great little gal. All of em redneck as hell, and welcomed here all the way around... Though admittedly, black folks in cowboy hats and sh*tkickers are a bit of a curiosity at the rodeo during the fair.

I am extremely proud to call them family. And in spite of my worries, I am equally proud of my neighbors, who certainly DO see their color, and have made it of no difference at all.

Coming from Chicago, where racism is a foremost thing, that is a marvel to me, and worth a mention.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2020, 08:24:12 pm »
According 23&me I'm 5% Hispanic. Black Lives Matter!

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2020, 08:40:16 pm »
I love Latin music, Cubano, jazz, Santana, a range of it.

Here's a tune from Carlos, Greg Walker in the 80s.

"Say it Again, that you are still in love with me."

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2020, 09:28:18 pm »
I wonder if things have changed though I doubt it, there has been a long practice of Hispanics identifying as Caucasian on census and other government forms..................unless of course No habla  got them special status.

Also I believe that the only people the Blacks and Browns hate more than the Whites are each other.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2020, 09:40:31 pm »
I wonder if things have changed though I doubt it, there has been a long practice of Hispanics identifying as Caucasian on census and other government forms..................unless of course No habla  got them special status.

Also I believe that the only people the Blacks and Browns hate more than the Whites are each other.

I don't know the specs on that, as neither one are here in force... Our only minority here is indians... Oh, and hippies.

But I hear tell that latinos tend to identify with their Spanish roots - it is a higher class or something the further toward Spanish blood and away from indio. I hear that's a thing... So that Mediterranean white is considered desirable.   :shrug:

I don't know. And I really don't care. All folks should be proud of where they come from - Either because it is good to come from there, or because it is good to have risen above it. Or maybe a bit of both.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2020, 10:03:40 pm »

True. A Black guy in a Latino neighborhood is not in a 'safe space'.
A Black guy dating a Latino woman is not in a 'safe space'.

The American Latino/Hispanic culture and the American Black culture are worlds apart.
Latinos play happy music and love ballads. Blacks play angry violent music about drugs, killing, abusing, and slapping dat bitch. You would never hear a Mexican playing that music, especially around children. That's not who they are.

Funny thing happened while living overseas. Turns out the true Whiter than paper White people from England, Scandinavia, Eastern Europe, and Russia call Mediterranean people Black or Dark. That is, Spanish, Italian, Arabs, and such are called Black. This confused me at first.

What we call Blacks, there are called African, Nubian, or Kush, (from the Kingdom of Kush). But yes, I've never thought of Mediterranean people as being Black. I mean it is just a relative word.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2020, 10:15:59 pm »

Around here you are 1,000% correct.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online berdie

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2020, 10:17:56 pm »
Well here I go again being blonde. :laugh: That guy that rumbled with Trayvon...didn't the press say he was white???

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2020, 10:27:26 pm »
My BIL is a Costa Rican black... Basically Central American Latino in flavor, with a whole bunch of Jamaica mixed in. Great guy. A mover and a shaker, with exactly none of the American Black culture in him... Funny as all heck, as he listened to a lot of Don Williams growing up. Knows every word of every song. Didn't see that coming.

His son is my sister's, so mulatto, and grew up here. He fits right in, in spite of his dread locks. He wears his Jamaican side with pride, but he is a Montanan, through and through, and there ain't no doubt about it.

He has his niece up here too - she's American on her daddy's side (deceased), but grew up down there. Great little gal. All of em redneck as hell, and welcomed here all the way around... Though admittedly, black folks in cowboy hats and sh*tkickers are a bit of a curiosity at the rodeo during the fair.

I am extremely proud to call them family. And in spite of my worries, I am equally proud of my neighbors, who certainly DO see their color, and have made it of no difference at all.

Coming from Chicago, where racism is a foremost thing, that is a marvel to me, and worth a mention.

I have known two black cowboys, we even have a black cowboy museum here (and it's not the only one).  http://www.blackcowboymuseum.org/

We have met Jamaicans who are country music fans, but the people of St Lucia are practically nuts over it, and they like the classic stuff, not the modern bro stuff.

We have seen this guy perform in Jamaica: 

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

And this guy in St Lucia:

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2020, 10:52:23 pm »
We have white, brown, black, and yellow in my family.

The people across the street a couple doors down are brown. They got a 4-wheeler and their kids were riding it fast up and down the street. My wife videoed them and sent it to the landlord. The landlord posted a 5mph speed limit sign early this year and a notice it would be enforced. Also no 4-wheelers, etc. going over the speed limit. There a lot of little kids here.

Anyway he jumped these people and they could figure out from the video who took it. Told the landlord my wife is a liar and a racist, etc.

My DIL, Hispanic, came over to borrow something. In a preplanned show, for the a-hole neighbors, she called my DIL some bad things as she crossed the street. The DIL, head hung low, YES MASTER,YES MASTER, to my wife as she went back across the street. The neighbors have no doubt got the proof now we is racist.

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online roamer_1

« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2020, 11:11:31 pm »
I have known two black cowboys, we even have a black cowboy museum here (and it's not the only one).  http://www.blackcowboymuseum.org/

We have met Jamaicans who are country music fans, but the people of St Lucia are practically nuts over it, and they like the classic stuff, not the modern bro stuff.

I know it's a thing down south... I know many freed slaves came west, just as many flat busted war worn white southerners did... Them are the fellers that rode them cattle drives and became the American cowboys. Don't mean to discount it. But it is an oddity to me up in here... Whether the rodeo circuit or true cowboyin in the northwestern plains, the northern Rockies, or the high deserts of the Inland Northwest, I have truly met more Australian cowboys than I ever did black ones. I can probably count em on one hand. I find blacks speaking with a southern drawl to be a common thing, but one lets off with a western drawl, I would do a double-take

As to Jamaican country, I guess it shouldn't have surprised me to hear Don Williams coming out of my BIL's throat... He come up dirt floor poor, and country music knows what that is...  But so does creole and so does the blues... Probably a bias on my part, it just struck me as funny that country was way down there. But it surely is.

We have seen this guy perform in Jamaica: 

Thanks for the music. I sent it on to my sis.  :seeya:

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2020, 01:01:41 am »
Laugh at her all you wish.

She's probably going to be (at least) the vice-presidential candidate in 2024.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2020, 01:06:36 am »
Laugh at her all you wish.

She's probably going to be (at least) the vice-presidential candidate in 2024.

Dumb and Dumber is a documentary? Or predictive programming?