Author Topic: Ted Cruz, team player: Senator raising millions for Republicans as he eyes potential 2024 bid  (Read 430 times)

Online corbe

Ted Cruz, team player: Senator raising millions for Republicans as he eyes potential 2024 bid

by David M. Drucker, Senior Political Correspondent |   | July 08, 2020 12:00 AM

Sen. Ted Cruz is cultivating relationships for a possible 2024 presidential bid, with plans to raise more than $2.5 million for over two dozen Republican incumbents and challenger candidates running for Congress this November.

The Texas Republican this week is launching “20 for 20,” a fundraising committee that will funnel at least $100,000 each to 25 conservative House candidates — all personally vetted by Cruz. The senator is raising the money from a lucrative list of grassroots donors and network of wealthy contributors built over the course of his 2016 presidential campaign and is moving to supplement this financial backing with hands-on support from his political operation.

In the Senate, Cruz is preparing to sign email fundraising appeals and host a big Texas fundraiser, coronavirus permitting, for vulnerable GOP colleagues running for reelection in contests that hold the key to the majority. Already, the senator has donated to Republican senators through his political action committee and raised money online for Sens. John Cornyn of Texas, Steve Daines of Montana, Cory Gardner of Colorado, and Dan Sullivan of Alaska.

“It's clear conservatives need the House, Senate, and the White House in order to get things done,” Cruz spokesman Sam Cooper said Tuesday. “That's why Sen. Cruz is launching the 20 for 20 victory program to ensure Republicans can win back the House and usher in a new class of conservative leaders into Washington.”

<..snip..>

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/campaigns/ted-cruz-team-player-senator-raising-millions-for-republicans-as-he-eyes-potential-2024-bid
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline skeeter

He sure as hell shared my contact info. I get texts and phone calls for donations a half dozen times a day from everyone in the GOP.

Online Hoodat

Ted Cruz always was a team player.  Still don't know why some here insisted on demonizing him with false accusations of lying.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online corbe

He sure as hell shared my contact info. I get texts and phone calls for donations a half dozen times a day from everyone in the GOP.

I was pizzed too, @skeeter Don't know whether it is true or not but it was explained to me that being that he was running for President under the GOP umbrella, all contact info became property of the GOP after his defeat. 
  They finally quit contacting me after a few stern conversations but there is no doubt they will start back up within the next couple of months with the same results as last time.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I'm a donor only because Ted himself asked me.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline skeeter

I was pizzed too, @skeeter Don't know whether it is true or not but it was explained to me that being that he was running for President under the GOP umbrella, all contact info became property of the GOP after his defeat. 
  They finally quit contacting me after a few stern conversations but there is no doubt they will start back up within the next couple of months with the same results as last time.
It is a well oiled machine, I’ll grant them that.

Offline GrouchoTex

I got that for about a year, but not so much anymore.

Online libertybele

I got all kinds of texts for donations from everyone and their brother. Certainly not angry with Ted.  I block them and ignore them ... some texts I even got one for a DEM -- so not so sure what is going on.

I will ONLY donate to the candidate.  Never to the party. Never to a GOP committee.  I will donate to Ted, that's about it -- not even to candidates that Ted endorses.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Ted Cruz always was a team player.  Still don't know why some here insisted on demonizing him with false accusations of lying.

That's an easy answer.....  Served to you by Stone and Pecker

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline berdie

I got all kinds of texts for donations from everyone and their brother. Certainly not angry with Ted.  I block them and ignore them ... some texts I even got one for a DEM -- so not so sure what is going on.

I will ONLY donate to the candidate.  Never to the party. Never to a GOP committee.  I will donate to Ted, that's about it -- not even to candidates that Ted endorses.

I don't know where they get their info from. Last election I started getting calls from Hill's campaign.  I have never voted Dem and never even googled anything about Hill.  So how the heck did those phone calls happen?