Author Topic: THE WEDGE - BIGGEST WAVES in YEARS | July 4th 2020 | 47 min. Raw footage  (Read 702 times)

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
THE WEDGE - BIGGEST WAVES in YEARS | July 4th 2020 | 47 min. Raw footage

July 4th,  2020

NewportBeach, CA

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline truth_seeker

This has been primarily an epic spot for body and belly board surfing. I have seen 15-20ft. faces several times, but stick with this vid and you will see a few 25 ft faces, being ridden stand up surfboard style.

People have been hurt badly, occasionally

Offline Hoodat

Good lesson in patience.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
When I was a kid I used to body surf here all the time.  There is a jetty that increases the magnitude of the waves, and those giant things break onto water that is about two feet deep.  So if you wipe out you are pretty much toast.  Needless to say, the Wedge toasted me many times.  I also remember some pretty awesome summer parties on that beach come nightfall.

Offline skeeter

The Wedge dislocated John Wayne’s shoulder, ended his college football career which probably started his acting career. That was before the breakwater was put in and made The Wedge a freak slab.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2020, 02:12:24 am by skeeter »

Offline truth_seeker

There are some awesome big wave locations on the Calif coast; Mavericks, Cortes Bank, Todos Santos, but the Wedge is somewhat unique, more like the Pipeline breaking in downtown Newport Beach by people patios.

In the 60s Dick Dale had a house next to the Wedge but on the bay side.

Victor Dale was from Lebanese origins, and there is some distinct middle east influence in his style "Miserlou."

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Terrific video @truth_seeker    Loved it!! (Except the ending   happy77 )

Online massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
Victor Dale was from Lebanese origins, and there is some distinct middle east influence in his style "Miserlou."

I did not know that.  Interesting.

Offline LegalAmerican

I did not know that.  Interesting.

That avatar is so creepy!  But I understand your choice for that.  POOR CHILD.   Sessions wouldn't allow his grand daughter to be touched or sniffed by UNCLE JOE.  He slapped Biden's, hands away. 

Offline skeeter

There are some awesome big wave locations on the Calif coast; Mavericks, Cortes Bank, Todos Santos, but the Wedge is somewhat unique, more like the Pipeline breaking in downtown Newport Beach by people patios.

In the 60s Dick Dale had a house next to the Wedge but on the bay side.

Victor Dale was from Lebanese origins
So was Casey Kasim. Neither here nor there though.-