Author Topic: Mayor de Blasio, NYPD brass at odds over cause of July 4th weekend violence  (Read 873 times)

rangerrebew

Mayor de Blasio, NYPD brass at odds over cause of July 4th weekend violence
By Rocco Parascandola, Michael Gartland and Shant Shahrigian
New York Daily News |
Jul 06, 2020 at 1:01 PM

Mayor de Blasio and top NYPD brass publicly clashed Monday over the reasons behind a horrifying surge of gun violence over the weekend — and things between Hizzoner and police leadership are even more tense behind the scenes, sources told the Daily News.

While top cops largely blamed recent police reforms for the citywide carnage that left nine dead and more than 50 people shot, the mayor sought to take a wider view.

June 16, 2020: Top cop disbands anti-crime units to ease friction with minority communities. "We can do it with brains. We can do it with guile. We can move away from brute force."

June 16, 2020: Top cop disbands anti-crime units to ease friction with minority communities. "We can do it with brains. We can do it with guile. We can move away from brute force." (New York Daily News)

“We need laws that make sense,” Police Commissioner Dermot Shea said on NY1.

He went on to call the City Council’s recently passed bill banning chokeholds “insane,” saying, “Police officers should not have to worry more about getting arrested than the person with the gun that they’re rolling around on the street with.”

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/ny-new-york-city-shootings-bill-de-blasio-20200706-xktku6bksbda5iz7x7tjmvti6i-story.html

Offline Hoodat

It was a combination of the sheer incompetence of left-wing leadership and the left's inability to understand human nature.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline aligncare

It was a combination of the sheer incompetence of left-wing leadership and the left's inability to understand human nature.

No, it was because there weren’t enough city basketball hoops, said Mayor Di Blasio, amid billowing clouds of ganja smoke.

Online Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
When you become enablers to lawlessness, the mice come out to play. So simple a cave man can understand it.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
No, it was because there weren’t enough city basketball hoops, said Mayor Di Blasio, amid billowing clouds of ganja smoke.
Thank Cuomo's power trip for that. "You can't social-distance playing basketball!" Cuomo moaned.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline LegalAmerican

I guess you all know?   

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Offline PeteS in CA

I guess you all know?

That deBlah-Blah's wife is black is not news. Your point is .....?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Hoodat

That deBlah-Blah's wife is black is not news. Your point is .....?

Was that the point of that post?  Pretty stupid if it was.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline LegalAmerican

Was that the point of that post?  Pretty stupid if it was.

NO. I asked the question.  It explains why DE BLASIO IS SO LEFTIST.   NO PERSONAL ATTACK ALLOWED ON HERE. 
CYBER....CALLING CYBER....

Offline roamer_1

NO. I asked the question.  It explains why DE BLASIO IS SO LEFTIST.   NO PERSONAL ATTACK ALLOWED ON HERE. 

Because BLACK???
My BIL is black and is as Conservative as I am.

Offline Axeslinger

Because BLACK???
My BIL is black and is as Conservative as I am.
Cmon @roamer_1 @Hoodat
You should know by now...don’t feed the moonbats
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Axeslinger

@LegalAmerican
What personal attack?  Good lord you’re goofy.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2020, 01:27:46 am by Axeslinger »
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Hoodat

This is your post, no?

I guess you all know?   

Meet the new first family of New York City

Deblasio was a hardline communist long before he got married.  Care to try again?

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline roamer_1

This is your post, no?

Deblasio was a hardline communist long before he got married.  Care to try again?

Maybe because he's Italian...   :shrug: :whistle:

Offline corbe

What's the colour of my skin have to do with it?
   I thought we all agreed 60 years ago that, in totality, it was the content of my character that defined me.....What a wasteful opportunity for the advancement of American Society, as a whole.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline LegalAmerican

This is your post, no?

'I guess you all know'?  What is so hard to understand about that?  YOU ALL KNOW.  LET IT GO. 

Offline PeteS in CA

Saying that the apparent point of your post is stupid is not a personal attack, @LegalAmerican. Was the skin color of deBlah-Blah's family your point? That their skin color "explains" something?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline aligncare

Saying that the apparent point of your post is stupid is not a personal attack, @LegalAmerican. Was the skin color of deBlah-Blah's family your point? That their skin color "explains" something?

Since she didn’t exactly say, why would you immediately assume it had something to do with race? It could just as easily have been a reference to the family’s well known politics which is what I assumed; wife’s a leftist, daughter arrested at BLM protest, and we know Bill’s politics: pandering, stupidity, incompetence.

Just saying, but from the outside it looked like, without cause, you were about ready to accuse LA of being the R word. Am I wrong?
« Last Edit: July 08, 2020, 03:49:42 pm by aligncare »

Offline Hoodat

Since she didn’t exactly say, why would you immediately assume it had something to do with race?

The title of the video response was "Meet the new first family of New York City".  The video cover photo features a snapshot contrasting him with his wife and kids.

It could just as easily have been a reference to the family’s well known politics; wife’s a leftist, daughter arrested at BLM protest, you know Bill’s politics: pandering stupid incompetence.

From the video, it is clear that Deblasio was a hardline communist long before he met his wife.

But the 'tell' here is the failure of Legal American to offer an unambiguous response to the question.  To most here, it is pretty clear what was being said.  If that was not the intent, then Legal American should have no difficulty explaining what was meant with the words "I guess you all know" and a video featuring Deblasio's black family members.

A proper response would be to put on a different pair of glasses, acknowledge that it is wrongheaded (and bigoted) to make an issue of the racial makeup of his wife and children, and make a decision to look at it differently next time.  Humility goes a very very long way with me.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline aligncare

The title of the video response was "Meet the new first family of New York City".  The video cover photo features a snapshot contrasting him with his wife and kids.

From the video, it is clear that Deblasio was a hardline communist long before he met his wife.

But the 'tell' here is the failure of Legal American to offer an unambiguous response to the question.  To most here, it is pretty clear what was being said.  If that was not the intent, then Legal American should have no difficulty explaining what was meant with the words "I guess you all know" and a video featuring Deblasio's black family members.

A proper response would be to put on a different pair of glasses, acknowledge that it is wrongheaded (and bigoted) to make an issue of the racial makeup of his wife and children, and make a decision to look at it differently next time.  Humility goes a very very long way with me.

As a New Yorker I thought the comment was about the freak show that is the first family of New York City, not about their racial makeup. Seems we have an eye of the beholder thing going on here. Some people maybe less color blind than they think of themselves.

« Last Edit: July 08, 2020, 04:37:10 pm by aligncare »

Offline AL

Mayor de Blasio, NYPD brass at odds over cause of July 4th weekend violence
By Rocco Parascandola, Michael Gartland and Shant Shahrigian
New York Daily News |
Jul 06, 2020 at 1:01 PM

Mayor de Blasio and top NYPD brass publicly clashed Monday over the reasons behind a horrifying surge of gun violence over the weekend

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/ny-new-york-city-shootings-bill-de-blasio-20200706-xktku6bksbda5iz7x7tjmvti6i-story.html

The track records of Cuomo and deBlasio speaks volumes of their character, total lack of leadership skills, and good judgement.  Who would order infected people into nursing homes?  Only someone who would knowingly kill, more death and destruction will come without law enforcement.

Offline PeteS in CA

deBlah-Blah was a sandalist out supporting the Sandinistas in Nicaragua in 1987, years before he met his wife. So how the main picture of that video that features his whole family "explains" anything is obvious to me: white guy, black wife and black children. LA could have posted a simple answer to my initial question but chose not to. Avoidance answers.