Author Topic: What Is Blackout Day 2020? Everything to Know About the July 7 Boycott Urging People to Not Spend  (Read 442 times)

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
https://money.com/what-is-blackout-day-2020/

<snipit>

Blackout Day 2020, taking place on Tuesday, July 7, is a call to action to unite Black people in economic solidarity. In a video posted May 8, 2020, the event’s founder, Texas-based Calvin Martyr, asked for Black people in America for one day to not spend a dollar — “not online, not on Amazon, no fast food places, no restaurants, no stores.”

In a video on Instagram summarizing Blackout Day, Martyr asked that if participants must spend money, that they spend it with Black-owned businesses exclusively.
===================================================================================

Just when you thought racism couldn't get any worse.  I personally am going to spend up a storm today!!!!!  I invite everyone else to do the same.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Thanks for the notifications.

It turned me into deciding to make a few large purchases a little early.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline LMAO

I’ve never seen where any of these actually worked
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
I’ve never seen where any of these actually worked

You are right.  However, I can remember back in the '70's and '80's, blacks would celebrate Juneteeth by stocking up on $2 bills and spending them to let retailes know of their impact.  Much much better symbology and effectiveness
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.