Author Topic: Supreme Court reinstates fast-track pipeline permitting except for Keystone XL  (Read 684 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
The hill By Rachel Frazin - 07/06/20

The Supreme Court on Monday reinstated the use of a permit that’s used to fast-track pipeline construction, except in the case of the Keystone XL pipeline.

A lower court ruled in April that the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers did not follow environmental requirements when it reissued the permit, known as Nationwide Permit 12, preventing it from being used across the country. But on Monday, the high court allowed the permit to go back into effect for most pipelines.

However, it refused to renew the use of the permit for the Keystone XL pipeline, which was the subject of the original case.

Pipeline company TC Energy said in a statement on the ruling that it would still be “fully committed” to the Keystone pipeline but also said it would continue to “evaluate our 2020 U.S. scope.”

“While today’s ruling from the Supreme Court is positive for the oil and gas industry overall, it continues to delay large portions of construction on our Keystone XL project and the thousands of high-paying union jobs that come with it.,” the company said.

More: https://thehill.com/policy/energy-environment/506112-supreme-court-reinstates-fast-track-pipeline-permitting-except-for

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Energy Transfer to appeal DAPL shutdown, tribes rejoice over judge’s decision

Ruling handed down today to shut down the Dakota Access PipeLine awaiting further EIS from the ACoE.

Not sure the Hidatsa, Mandan, and Arikara Tribes are jumping for joy, this will cost $5-8 per barrel more to ship oil out if the order is allowed to stand and directly affect tribal revenues.

The pipeline has been operating for three years without incident,transporting an average of 470,000 BOPD.

The effect of a protracted shutdown on North Dakota's economy will be disastrous, reaching not every landowner and taxpayer, but royalty owners, oil companies, and thousands still employed in the industry and other jobs which ultimately depend on oil revenue for their business.

Effects will be felt in Schools, Emergency Services, infrastructure funding, and Social Services as well, hitting virtually every economic sector.

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

“Today’s ruling makes clear that the builders of Keystone XL can’t rely on a flawed, rubber-stamped permit to force the project’s construction through our wetlands, streams, and rivers,” said a statement from Natural Resources Defense Council attorney Cecilia Segal. “It’s a resounding victory for the communities and imperiled species living along this pipeline’s proposed route. Keystone XL is not in our national interest and should never be built.”

One of those imperiled species in the Employed American. There is no victory for communities which are suffering from economic malaise. As for the "rubber stamped permit", the average rubber stamp (yes, I remember those) would have dry rotted to uselessness in the time since this project was initiated in 2008.

Game for the Communists, but the Match isn't over.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2020, 06:52:58 am by Smokin Joe »

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Warren Buffett is smiling today.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Smokin Joe

Warren Buffett is smiling today.
Maybe, but those 700 cars a day could have been hauling grain.
Instead, it's likely they'll be hauling oil.
If they just run more trains, it's likely the tracks will 'feel' it.

More traffic, greater likelihood of a problem--and the usual suspects will be pointing out the Lac Megantic mess and pitching fits over rail.

The bottom line is that those Communists in ecowhacko world just want to stop Western Industry. How about someone sees how much money they get from China and Soros. Anything to foul up the economy, and remember the stories of the so-called "Water Protector" camp published on the Coasts didn't have crap to do with reality seen here. So it is linkely his head has been filled with mush and BS from the git-go.

This started as a standard holdup (one word). When the tribe decided suddenly they wanted three times as much as had been agreed upon, the folks routing the pipeline said they could go around tribal land for less, and walked away from the deal. They did route the pipeline around the Reservation, like they said they would. I'd bet the fit pitched by members of the tribe (and a swarm of imported protestors) was just to get money to quit pitching a fit. 

The extortion attempt continues.

C S Lewis

Offline LegalAmerican

EGO'S ON THE.........LEFT.