Author Topic: Kasich: Trump Has Damaged GOP Brand — ‘It’s a Party Meltdown Right Now’  (Read 2944 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Pam Key 6 Jul 2020

Monday on CNN’s “Newsroom,” the former Ohio Gov. John Kasich (R) said he believed President Donald Trump had damaged the brand of the Republican Party to the point of a “meltdown.”

Host Kate Bolduan said, “The Republican Party is—many times you and I have talked on this topic of the party struggling to deal with Donald Trump since the beginning of this presidency, the division that he stirs up. On the virus the president now denying the facts that he’s trying to sell that it’s 99% harmless and it’s life and death. I mean, we talk about responsibility quite a bit, but what is the responsibility of elected Republicans when we talk about leadership in this country when you have a Republican leader in Donald Trump doing what he’s doing?”

Kasich said, “Because they have coddled him and they have made it easy for him to say these kind things because they operate out of a sense of fear, that if they criticize him, he’s going to go after them and somehow he’s going to cost them their election. If, in fact, Republicans as a group had come out early on, particularly starting with Charlottesville and said that this language is unacceptable, I believe he would have changed, or the party would have separated from him. But, you know, somebody was telling me at the Mt. Rushmore, one of the senators out there clapping his hands and laughing and on the one hand saying I don’t agree with Trump and kind of supporting him. I see that some of them are beginning to move away from Trump. I guarantee you, Kate, at some point in the future some of these people are going to say— once they understand that their election is imperiled by Donald Trump, they will say I’ve never supported Donald Trump.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2020/07/06/kasich-trump-has-damaged-gop-brand-its-a-party-meltdown-right-now/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LegalAmerican

Kasich bastardo is a RINO.....another demon-rat like Romney.  Why are they in republican party?  THEY AREN'T....IT. 

Online LMAO

For the sake of argument, let's assume Kasich is right(and he may be)

What should the GOP be? Should they be a party that gives in the BLM demands? A party of Big government? More debt?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online roamer_1

For the sake of argument, let's assume Kasich is right(and he may be)

What should the GOP be?
[...]
A party of Big government? More debt?

That they are already.

Offline Mesaclone

This is hardly a newsflash.

The Kasich-Bush-Romney-NeverTrumper wing of the party is butthurt because its not sitting in the power seat. We have our own similar crew right here on this site...who are equally butthurt and bitter against the President. These folks can't wait to jump on the "if Trump loses we can take back the GOP" bandwagon...because they believe they deserve to be pre-eminent. Its entitlement. Its arrogance. And its a measure of how completely out of touch with blue collar-salt of the earth Republican/Conservative voters these aging scions so look down upon.

Screw John Kasich.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Online LMAO

Whether one likes or dislikes Trump the reason many voted for him is he was seen as different from the typical R and D parties.

Kasich must have some direction he wants to see the GOP go post Trump
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

Kasich must have some direction he wants to see the GOP go post Trump

Certainly. Kasich definitely has a direction.

You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Kasich bastardo is a RINO.....another demon-rat like Romney.  Why are they in republican party?  THEY AREN'T....IT.

I don't like Kasich, but what kind of a Republican lets criminals out of jail just to get the BLM votes?

Trump is the BLM Kayne West president.  Wouldn't be surprised if any of those children shot over the last week were First Act recipients.  That's what criminals do.  Crime.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2020, 12:17:37 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online andy58-in-nh

The fact that Kasich sees the Republican Party as a "brand" is telling.

The value of a brand lies in its marketability and effectiveness. Is it appealing to potential consumers? Does it work?

But political parties are not detergents, appliances, or breakfast cereals.

The central value of a political party lies in the ability to attract a majority of voting citizens who agree on fundamental principles for the purpose of achieving a political majority, so that its elected representatives may effectively promote policies and legislation toward commonly desired ends.

The GOP as presently constituted has no identifiable principles, is unappealing, and doesn't work, either. 

It fails both as a party and as a brand, because it doesn't do what it promises after convincing people to "buy" it. 

The value of Donald Trump is that he blew up their business model, which for the Republican Party is to be a permanent minority, without power or responsibility, but endlessly promising better results than what the Democrat majority provides, but upon which Republican leaders never truly intend to deliver when they are in power.   
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Victoria33

Kasich gave us the last two balanced budgets we had - none since him, also a religious man - would vote for him right now.

Offline dfwgator

Kasich - YOUR GOP lost TWICE to Obama. 

Nobody wants that GOP anymore.

Online roamer_1

The value of a brand lies in its marketability and effectiveness. Is it appealing to potential consumers? Does it work?

The central value of a political party lies in the ability to attract a majority of voting citizens who agree on fundamental principles for the purpose of achieving a political majority, so that its elected representatives may effectively promote policies and legislation toward commonly desired ends.

The GOP as presently constituted has no identifiable principles, is unappealing, and doesn't work, either. 

It fails both as a party and as a brand, because it doesn't do what it promises after convincing people to "buy" it. 

The value of Donald Trump is that he blew up their business model, which for the Republican Party is to be a permanent minority, without power or responsibility, but endlessly promising better results than what the Democrat majority provides, but upon which Republican leaders never truly intend to deliver when they are in power.

Why should they risk anything when all y'all will vote em back in for nothing other than not being Democrats? It's all they need.

Wasn't it Karl Rove that said, "Where else are they going to go?"
And he was right.

Offline skeeter

Kasich - YOUR GOP lost TWICE to Obama. 

Nobody wants that GOP anymore.
Kasich is competing with Romney for title of The King of Nothing; control of the GOP once Trump is out. They’d rather rule the minority than serve in the majority - being in a powerless minority still pays pretty darn well & no one expects you to achieve anything but running your mouth.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2020, 12:58:01 am by skeeter »

Offline Idiot

Kasich is competing with Romney for title of The King of Nothing; control of the GOP once Trump is out. They’d rather rule the minority than serve in the majority - being in a powerless minority still pays pretty darn well & no one expects you to achieve anything but running your mouth.
:amen:

Online libertybele

Kasich gave us the last two balanced budgets we had - none since him, also a religious man - would vote for him right now.

There are several issues that concern me about Kasich; illegal immigration/pathway to citizenship, green energy, opposition to expanding the military, wishy-washy on the 2A, and wants to expand Bammycare  just to name a few.

Voting someone into office that doesn't fully honor the second amendment is not an option for me and he's hardly a conservative.

Further info:  https://www.ontheissues.org/John_Kasich.htm
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Victoria33

Victoria, I thought just like you.  In fact, when he decided to run in 2015, I thought oh great.  But in listening to what he wanted in the weeks that follow, I said, this man is in the wrong party.  He should be a Dem.  Kasich, the postman's son, is not the man he was 20+ years ago.  Nothing remotely like that man.

Trump on the other hand, when he announced he was running, I said to myself, "you clown".  But in the ensuing weeks of his announcement, he defined the issues for his campaign, and he defined the issues for 2016's election, and the American people embraced him.

Frankly, John Kasich on his best day could not rise up to the bottom of Trump's shoe sole.  Kasich is a nutjob.  An utter idiot and no one I want in national governance.  However, Like you in the 90s, I revered him.  He got lost along the way.

Kasich talks about Trump destroying the Republican brand?  What kind of brand did they have to enable an outsider to come in and spank them hard.  Need I remind you that little Jeb Bush with his $100 million warchest, the presumed nominee at the start got 1% with his $100 million and bowed out early. 

The UGLY TRUTH is that the Republicans got very comfortable being critical of the Dems in control, and were happy not having the reins.  Trump comes in and brings victory.  The Republicans are clueless how to lead these days, they are such weak sisters.  I would love for a new party to emerge that is truly conservative, but we are stuck with the Republican Party with all its warts, like Kasich, Flake, Amash, Weld, Romney and the many other RINOs.  All these RINOs need to be booted.  They all should be primaried and defeated. 

I hope a disciple of Trump is our next president in 2024.  Perhaps that is Pence, that remains to be seen.  Rest assured, if Trump serves his 2nd term, he will definitely tell America who he supports to carry on his efforts as president.  I presume that will be Pence, but maybe not.  Time will tell.

Online libertybele

Victoria, I thought just like you.  In fact, when he decided to run in 2015, I thought oh great.  But in listening to what he wanted in the weeks that follow, I said, this man is in the wrong party.  He should be a Dem.  Kasich, the postman's son, is not the man he was 20+ years ago.  Nothing remotely like that man.

Trump on the other hand, when he announced he was running, I said to myself, "you clown".  But in the ensuing weeks of his announcement, he defined the issues for his campaign, and he defined the issues for 2016's election, and the American people embraced him.

Frankly, John Kasich on his best day could not rise up to the bottom of Trump's shoe sole.  Kasich is a nutjob.  An utter idiot and no one I want in national governance.  However, Like you in the 90s, I revered him.  He got lost along the way.

Kasich talks about Trump destroying the Republican brand?  What kind of brand did they have to enable an outsider to come in and spank them hard.  Need I remind you that little Jeb Bush with his $100 million warchest, the presumed nominee at the start got 1% with his $100 million and bowed out early. 

The UGLY TRUTH is that the Republicans got very comfortable being critical of the Dems in control, and were happy not having the reins.  Trump comes in and brings victory.  The Republicans are clueless how to lead these days, they are such weak sisters.  I would love for a new party to emerge that is truly conservative, but we are stuck with the Republican Party with all its warts, like Kasich, Flake, Amash, Weld, Romney and the many other RINOs.  All these RINOs need to be booted.  They all should be primaried and defeated. 

I hope a disciple of Trump is our next president in 2024.  Perhaps that is Pence, that remains to be seen.  Rest assured, if Trump serves his 2nd term, he will definitely tell America who he supports to carry on his efforts as president.  I presume that will be Pence, but maybe not.  Time will tell.

Kasich won OH in '16 and that was about it.  I didn't pay attention to Kasich until the past election and I agree, he's a nutjob and nothing conservative about him.

Depending on who Biden picks as his VP, Trump may have to drop Pence and run with a different VP in order to get re-elected.  Nikki Haley or Ted Cruz, setting them up to slide into 2024.  Pence has no appeal to me.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

Good observation, a I saw politicians adopt a D or an R over the past 25-30 years almost as casually as one might drink coke or pepsi. The Party once had a platform composed of policy 'planks'. Now they're both using OSB.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
There is nothing wrong with Trumpism, the populist, pro-American twist on conservatism.    The problem is Trump himself as a uniquely polarizing figure.

Trump has done his job and needs to pass the baton.  At some level, he must know this.
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline skeeter

There is nothing wrong with Trumpism, the populist, pro-American twist on conservatism.    The problem is Trump himself as a uniquely polarizing figure.

Trump has done his job and needs to pass the baton.  At some level, he must know this.
You know this isn’t going to happen, so why not just get behind him?

Online libertybele

The MSM is the uniquely polarizing figure.  Trump himself seems to be still very welcomed and applauded by his base.  At some level the NeverTrumpeteers must know that they are going to have to make a decision; Trump, Biden or abstaining. 

At this point, I'm hoping and praying that we even make it to the November election.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Let the little goober go play with his Lincoln Logs.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline DB

Kasich won OH in '16 and that was about it.  I didn't pay attention to Kasich until the past election and I agree, he's a nutjob and nothing conservative about him.

Depending on who Biden picks as his VP, Trump may have to drop Pence and run with a different VP in order to get re-elected.  Nikki Haley or Ted Cruz, setting them up to slide into 2024.  Pence has no appeal to me.

Cruz is smarter than that. If he ties his wagon to Trump he's done as a politician.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Cruz is smarter than that. If he ties his wagon to Trump he's done as a politician.

I wouldn't vote for Haley ever.   I would hope Cruz is smarter but I don't think so.  He has already hitched his wagon.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2020, 03:52:37 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Applewood

@Victoria33

I mentioned this dozens of times before -- I grew up with John; he and I attended the same schools together.  Personally, he's a nice guy and I am aware that as governor, Ohio had a balanced budget.  But other than an apparent fiscal bend, John is liberal on many other issues.  I'm not looking for perfection in a candidate -- there are no perfect candidates because they are all human -- but I would like a president one who is more solidly conservative on all the issues, not just one.