Author Topic: 'Not By The Hands of Police Officers:' Atlanta Mayor Rips Activists Responsible for Death of 8-Year-  (Read 763 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
'Not By The Hands of Police Officers:' Atlanta Mayor Rips Activists Responsible for Death of 8-Year-Old

Reagan McCarthy
|
Posted: Jul 06, 2020 10:05 AM

Atlanta Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms (D) ripped protesters and activists causing violence in her city after Atlanta Police responded to a situation that ended in the death of an 8-year-old girl on Saturday night. The incident took place at the now-burned-down Wendy’s where Rayshard Brooks was killed a few weeks ago.

Eight-year-old Secoriea Turner was in the car with two family members when the driver was met with a group of armed individuals, who eventually opened fire and killed Turner.

“At some point, someone in that group opened fire on the vehicle, striking it multiple times and striking the child who was inside. The driver then drove to Atlanta Medical Center for help,” Atlanta’s WSB-TV reported.

Mayor Bottoms condemned the violence and the senseless death of 8-year-old Turner, which was not at the hands of law enforcement:

“Secoriea Turner was shot and killed last night, and it was not by the hands of police officers. It was by the hands of a coward, cowards, who are still out and about in our community,” Mayor Bottoms said. “Enough is enough. Enough is enough...You can’t blame this on a police officer, you can’t say this is about criminal justice reform. This is about some people carrying some weapons who shot up a car with an eight-year-old baby in the car.”

more
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/reaganmccarthy/2020/07/06/atlanta-mayor-n2571928
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

The mayor is correct in one respect - you can't blame this 8 year old's death on the police.

What she doesn't say is you can rationally blame it on her.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
The mayor is correct in one respect - you can't blame this 8 year old's death on the police.

Noody does deflection better than liberal politicans. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline roamer_1

That is precisely right. Keisha Lead-Bottom need look no further than in her own mirror.

Offline skeeter

Noody does deflection better than liberal politicans.

An obsequious media would make anyone look good.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

She waited until someone was killed before she takes corrective action.

Leaders take action by anticipating bad things happening.

Meanwhile, an 8 year old is murdered because this person is on a leadership learning curve.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
The Mayor was looking for a way out of this mess and she found her prop.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Hoodat

In her defense, at least she is correctly expressing outrage at murderous protesters while at the same time expressing value for the life of another black child slain, which is far better than the mayors of Seattle, St. Louis, New York, Chicago, etc.  But yes, at the very least, these armed militia folks should have been monitored by city police.

That same night, Georgia State Patrol headquarters (on the street formally named Confederate Ave) was vandalized.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline PeteS in CA

Mayor Bottoms and the rest of the city & county gooberment back-stabbed an officer for doing his job properly. APD has responded so as to defend themselves against treacherous city and county gooberment. This murder is the predictable consequence of treacherous back-stabbing city and county gooberment.

Ferguson Effect 1.1
« Last Edit: July 06, 2020, 05:37:13 pm by PeteS in CA »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Practical

Dear Mayor,

You threw your police under the bus. You encouraged this violence. You advocated for exactly this sort of lawlessness. And you expected what? What was the positive outcome you anticipated? THIS IS WHAT YOU WANTED! Shall we look at the video of your press conferences or was that SO 5 minutes ago that they are not relevant now? You wanted it. You got it. Now own it.

Signed,

Everyone who knew how this would turn out
If you think I suck now, you should listen to my podcast! ThePodocasts.com

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
'Not By The Hands of Police Officers:' Atlanta Mayor Rips Activists Responsible for Death of 8-Year-Old

Reagan McCarthy
|
Posted: Jul 06, 2020 10:05 AM

Atlanta Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms (D) ripped protesters and activists causing violence in her city after Atlanta Police responded to a situation that ended in the death of an 8-year-old girl on Saturday night. The incident took place at the now-burned-down Wendy’s where Rayshard Brooks was killed a few weeks ago.

Eight-year-old Secoriea Turner was in the car with two family members when the driver was met with a group of armed individuals, who eventually opened fire and killed Turner.

“At some point, someone in that group opened fire on the vehicle, striking it multiple times and striking the child who was inside. The driver then drove to Atlanta Medical Center for help,” Atlanta’s WSB-TV reported.

Mayor Bottoms condemned the violence and the senseless death of 8-year-old Turner, which was not at the hands of law enforcement:

“Secoriea Turner was shot and killed last night, and it was not by the hands of police officers. It was by the hands of a coward, cowards, who are still out and about in our community,” Mayor Bottoms said. “Enough is enough. Enough is enough...You can’t blame this on a police officer, you can’t say this is about criminal justice reform. This is about some people carrying some weapons who shot up a car with an eight-year-old baby in the car.”

more
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/reaganmccarthy/2020/07/06/atlanta-mayor-n2571928

I'll give her credit for not attacking the police I guess. Low standards I'm sure.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I'll give her credit for not attacking the police I guess. Low standards I'm sure.

In ATL, I'd guess any snide remark from Comrade Mayor would trigger a Blue Walkout. 

She's definitely the bottoms of the barrel.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2020, 11:46:10 am by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline verga

I keep praying that the liberal public will wake up and votre out these libtards.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Hoodat

Dear Mayor,

You threw your police under the bus. You encouraged this violence. You advocated for exactly this sort of lawlessness. And you expected what? What was the positive outcome you anticipated? THIS IS WHAT YOU WANTED! Shall we look at the video of your press conferences or was that SO 5 minutes ago that they are not relevant now? You wanted it. You got it. Now own it.

Signed,

Well stated.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline goatprairie

Dear Mayor,

Signed,

"Everyone who knew how this would turn out"

Correction.   Everyone but liberals.

rangerrebew

Atlanta Mayor Admits It’s Not Police Shooting Up The Communities
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2020, 12:25:19 pm »
Atlanta Mayor Admits It’s Not Police Shooting Up The Communities
By  Adam
July 8, 2020

Atlanta Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms woke up a bit over the weekend. It’s probably a bit late but I suppose late is better than never. After weeks of skyrocketing crime and shootings in Atlanta, Bottoms dropped a bit of reality on the media and BLM supporters in the area.

The mayor admitted that while protesters and rioters are touting the reason for their riots is violence against the black community, the same community has been shooting up the black community ever since, at a skyrocketing rate. Not police.

An 8-year-old girl was shot over the weekend while sitting in a car that was trying to turn around on a road that had been blocked by BLM protesters.

https://insidescooppolitics.com/archives/2060
« Last Edit: July 08, 2020, 12:30:27 pm by rangerrebew »

rangerrebew

CBS Edits Out Atlanta Mayor Saying Cops Blameless for Weekend Killing
Nicholas Fondacaro
July 7th, 2020 12:09 AM

Mr. Secoriya Williamson probably said it best when addressing the Fourth of July murder of his eight-year-old daughter, Secoriea Turner, in Atlanta: “They say black lives matter. You killed your own.”

His outrage at black-on-black crime was shared by Atlanta Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms (D), who exclaimed: “You can't blame this on a police officer. You can't say that we -- this is about criminal justice reform.” Her sentiment was broadcast to the country on the evening newscasts of ABC and NBC, but on CBS. But not only did the CBS Evening News not share her sentiment, but they cut out those words.

https://newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/nicholas-fondacaro/2020/07/07/cbs-edits-out-atlanta-mayor-saying-cops-blameless-weekend

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher

CBS Edits Out Atlanta Mayor Saying Cops Blameless for Weekend Killing
Nicholas Fondacaro
July 7th, 2020 12:09 AM

CBS, and especially that bitch Gayle King are on a 24/7 SJW vendetta. This network needs to go away forever. 
« Last Edit: July 08, 2020, 02:14:43 pm by catfish1957 »

Offline goatprairie

I've stated this a number of times previously, but anyone who peruses the daily news from CBS or the other alphabet networks' websites of major American cities will have little doubt about who is causing the staggering daily toll in shootings, stabbings, killings, robberies, assaults, etc.
Hint:  it's not the police. To anyone with half a brain, that is glaringly obvious.
But, apparently, it's far more important for city, state, and national leaders to blame the police.