Author Topic: New York City sees SLIGHT decrease in rental prices amid COVID-19 pandemic  (Read 366 times)

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
https://qns.com/story/2020/07/04/new-york-city-sees-slight-decrease-in-rental-prices-amid-covid-19-pandemic/

New York City is the second-highest rents last month, with $2,890 for a one-bedroom apartment and $3,210 for a two-bedroom. Despite being high up on the list, the price for one-bedrooms was down 2% and two-bedrooms were down 0.3%. Year-over-year, prices for two-bedroom apartments in New York City are down 5%, according to Zumper.

(excerpt)
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
5%? A pandemic wipes out most of your economy and pleasure activities, and it only falls 5%?
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline cato potatoe

It's early yet.  The landlords will have to reduce rent until an equilibrium is reached, or the property is torched.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
I love telling peeps what I pay for a place and someone telling me what I can get for my money in most places in the country. Seems like other than SF and other parts, once you get out of New York and Jersey, property values are so much more bang for the buck.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online roamer_1

I love telling peeps what I pay for a place and someone telling me what I can get for my money in most places in the country. Seems like other than SF and other parts, once you get out of New York and Jersey, property values are so much more bang for the buck.

Around here, an older but fair 2bdrm, 1100 ft2 on a 1/2 acre close to town rents for between $800 and $1200/mo, and would sell for something around 100-150k..

You can find $500/mo if you shop for it, and don't mind doing your own work on it. My son did that... Replaced the appliances with used refurbs and threw in some carpet (used)... fixed the toilet now and then... 500/mo for four years till he bought a piece.