Author Topic: ‘Tell my family I love them’: Audio of officer shot responding to call on July 4th is heartbreaking  (Read 299 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
‘Tell my family I love them’: Audio of officer shot responding to call on July 4th is heartbreaking
July 5, 2020 | Jon Dougherty

A Toledo, Ohio police officer who was fatally shot during a call early Saturday morning asked a dispatcher to “tell my family I love them” before passing away.

Just after midnight, officer Anthony Dia, 26, was dispatched to check on the well-being of an intoxicated man at a Home Depot parking lot where a vintage car show was to be held as part of Independence Day celebrations, according to the Toledo Blade.

The report said that as Dia approached the man, who was later identified as Edward Henry, 57, witnesses said Henry turned towards Dia and fired a handgun.

According to Police Chief George Kral, Dia was fatally struck once in the chest. Henry also died from what appears to have been a self-inflicted gunshot wound. His body was found in nearby woods.

Dia’s final words were recorded on police dispatch.

more w/audio
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2020/07/05/tell-my-family-i-love-them-audio-of-officer-shot-responding-to-call-on-july-4th-is-heartbreaking-943309
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34