Author Topic: Ten reasons why Trump’s ‘National Garden of American Heroes’ is such a brilliant move By Thomas Lifs  (Read 358 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
July 5, 2020
Ten reasons why Trump’s ‘National Garden of American Heroes’ is such a brilliant move
By Thomas Lifson

Once again, President Trump has outwitted his opponents and forced them to fight on a playing field tilted toward his goal. His executive order establishing a “National Garden of American Heroes” and his speech (transcript here; video here) during the July 4th Salute to America that revealed his first set of names for honoring as heroes has left the radical revolutionaries and their media and institutional allies sputtering in futile rage, making arguments that only reinforce Trump’s point.

1.  The new monument contrasts a builder versus destroyers. Polling shows that vast majorities of the public disapprove of the tearing down of statues. By standing as someone who is adding to our collective memories through new monuments, Trump stands on the side of creating things of value while his opponents are stuck defending those who subtract from our collective heritage. It also reminds everyone that Trump was and remains a builder.  The Executive Order explains:

To destroy a monument is to desecrate our common inheritance. These statues are not ours alone, to be discarded at the whim of those inflamed by fashionable political passions; they belong to generations that have come before us and to generations yet unborn. My Administration will not abide an assault on our collective national memory.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2020/07/ten_reasons_why_trumps_national_garden_of_american_heroes_is_such_a_brilliant_move.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

I just think it should be located in Arlington cemetery.

Already guarded around the clock and even insane people would not dare attack it.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Already guarded around the clock and even insane people would not dare attack it.

Not enough real estate. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline aligncare

Interesting idea. There are good points to it. However it strikes me the garden as a whole should be associated with a soaring, uplifting theme or mood.

Arlington cemetery brings to mind the great human cost of battling the worst impulses of men and the destruction the quest for material power can inflict on life. Rather this memorial should evoke feelings of hope for mankind; that behind great individual struggle or achievement was hope for the betterment of mankind.

However I am not suggesting that the sacrifice of patriots and soldiers in their own right, that their love and their safeguarding of their countrymen is not also an example of the noblest and finest quality in the human spirit.

I just think each place should have it’s own special standing in our public life.

Not enough real estate.
Maybe not now, but what is preventing future expansion?

And maybe we do not need huge monuments either, so the footprint does not have to be enormous.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Interesting idea. There are good points to it. However it strikes me the garden as a whole should be associated with a soaring, uplifting theme or mood.

Arlington cemetery brings to mind the great human cost of battling the worst impulses of men and the destruction the quest for material power can inflict on life. Rather this memorial should evoke feelings of hope for mankind; that behind great individual struggle or achievement was hope for the betterment of mankind.

However I am not suggesting that the sacrifice of patriots and soldiers in their own right, that their love and their safeguarding of their countrymen is not also an example of the noblest and finest quality in the human spirit.

I just think each place should have it’s own special standing in our public life.
Nothing is more sacrificial and uplifting to me than standing there surrounded by the images of those who chose to give me freedom by the ultimate sacrifice.  It makes me ponder on how pitifully small my own contribution to maintain this country's freedoms actually is. 

It is definitely not depressing.  But charges me up.

And besides all of that, it is placed in Robert E. Lee's old home. 

What better way could Trump possibly give the leftists the middle finger by placing not only the remains of our hero soldiers there, but memories of Americans who gave us so much that were not?
« Last Edit: July 06, 2020, 01:08:30 am by IsailedawayfromFR »

Offline Absalom

Brilliance and Trump are mortal enemies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!