Author Topic: [Graphic Video] Seattle Protesters Find Out the Hard Way That It's Not Safe to Block Freeways at Nig  (Read 4187 times)

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Is the video as graphic as it states?  I'm not in the mood to see any gore.
It isn't gory, but two protestors get tossed like rag dolls when they get hit.
The view is from too far away to be gory.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I watched it and it is definitely cringe-worthy....here it is if you choose to watch it.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
It isn't gory, but two protestors get tossed like rag dolls when they get hit.
The view is from too far away to be gory.

To splatter brains on the road you need to have them to begin with.

Online Smokin Joe

To splatter brains on the road you need to have them to begin with.
I don't doubt at least one of the injured suffered a TBI, it's likely. If the brains are on the road, it's likely over, anyway.
Multiple extremity fractures and internal injuries as well. Those are no fun to clean up after (I'm former EMS).

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

I don't doubt at least one of the injured suffered a TBI, it's likely. If the brains are on the road, it's likely over, anyway.
Multiple extremity fractures and internal injuries as well. Those are no fun to clean up after (I'm former EMS).

I seen a guy on a Honda take a Freightshaker in the teeth... Head-on... close enough to catch the splatter and be ducking and diving from the pieces. They had to pick that guy up with a spatula.

Online Smokin Joe

I seen a guy on a Honda take a Freightshaker in the teeth... Head-on... close enough to catch the splatter and be ducking and diving from the pieces. They had to pick that guy up with a spatula.
It's a physics problem. If deer come out fly bait, humans won't fare any better.
I never had to clean up a mess that bad (fire hose and strainer), but I have seen people I knew after the wreck and wondered what they were doing driving so-and-so's car before I realized it was the owner. It can be a grim business, picking up after human foolishness.
But, then you have the calls where you call dispatch and inform them that you now have two patients aboard (OB), and they make up for it...even if the ambulance is a mess.... :shrug: :laugh:

C S Lewis

Offline Lando Lincoln

Watched it.  No gore. 
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline roamer_1

It's a physics problem. If deer come out fly bait, humans won't fare any better.
I never had to clean up a mess that bad (fire hose and strainer), but I have seen people I knew after the wreck and wondered what they were doing driving so-and-so's car before I realized it was the owner. It can be a grim business, picking up after human foolishness.
But, then you have the calls where you call dispatch and inform them that you now have two patients aboard (OB), and they make up for it...even if the ambulance is a mess.... :shrug: :laugh:

Never did that EMT thing... Always fixin to, never got er done. But I get it.

Always was good at hookin, being ground crew for heavy machinery most all the way along.... And being a motor-head, and a redneck, It ain't uncommon that I am known to folks that have boneyards... Putting them two things together it was almost natural that my buddies with wreckers would call me up for the bad ones. An extra hand that understands chain and technical rigging is going to be of value. And if he can talk to a Michigan loader or the like with his fingers...

So I been there done that, and mostly on the bad ones. Usually never got to see the ones that made it to the ambulance. Helped you guys dig out a trucker once, from under a load of logs... I swear he was folded up in a space that ain't fit for a breadbox, with the whole load of logs over the top... But he made it... I knew him too, and went to see him after in the hospital. Helping to get him out was one of the better things I ever done.

Online Hoodat

Watched it.  No gore.

Yes, the video does have its drawbacks.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Lando Lincoln

I'm no stranger to human gore, hence my reason to avoid it when possible. 
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Online Hoodat

1 of 2 protesters hit by driver on Seattle freeway dies

MARTHA BELLISLEan hour ago

SEATTLE (AP) — One of two people hit by a man who drove his car onto a closed Seattle freeway and into a crowd protesting police brutality has died.

Summer Taylor, 24, of Seattle died Saturday evening at Harborview Medical Center, spokesperson Susan Gregg said.

Taylor and Diaz Love, 32, of Portland, Oregon, were hit by the car that barreled through a panicked crowd of protesters on Interstate 5 early Saturday morning, officials said.

Dawit Kelete of Seattle drove the car around vehicles that were blocking I-5 and sped into the crowd about 1:40 a.m., according to a police report released by the Washington State Patrol. Video taken at the scene by protesters showed people shouting “Car! Car!” before fleeing the roadway.

https://apnews.com/ff3c4fb3a627d694b5d888dcd48c89b0
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Kamala Harris
@KamalaHarris
 Â· 4h
Absolutely heartbreaking. Summer Taylor was only 24-years-old, peacefully protesting for Black Lives Matter when they were struck by a car. Thinking of their family during this difficult time and everyone in the movement today.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline verga

When we lived up north one of my apartments was at the top of a T intersection. Wake up one night to hear a crash and loud screams. Throw on a pair of pants and grabbed a pistol (Just in case). When I got outside saw a car that had "poorly navigated" the turn and hit a teenage girl who was walking in the street. She was on the ground partially under the car with her left leg so broken that her ankle was near her left ear. A patrol car was in the area (as usual in this neighborhood) and was pulling up. The driver was being chased by what I can only assume were friends of the girl getting his ass kicked. He is screaming at the cops "Arrest me, arrest me I am drunk." Saw in the paper several days later that she survived and was recovering. Here was the best part: She was about 16 and had a 4 month old child at home.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline verga

Re: One of two Seattle protesters hit by car dies, other in ICU
« Reply #38 on: July 05, 2020, 06:00:03 pm »
Going to be interesting to see the results of this.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Kamala Harris
@KamalaHarris
 Â· 4h
Absolutely heartbreaking. Summer Taylor was only 24-years-old, peacefully protesting for Black Lives Matter when they were struck by a car. Thinking of their family during this difficult time and everyone in the movement today.

Sorry Ms. Harris....   Blocking an interstate does not constitute a peaceful protest.  Protesting pedestians  aren't the only ones in danger with these tactics.  How about all the vehicles in danger or rear ending each other by this disruption.  Your sorrow rings hollow.  And sadly, this young lady got what she deserved...
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Smokin Joe

1 of 2 protesters hit by driver on Seattle freeway dies

MARTHA BELLISLEan hour ago

SEATTLE (AP) — One of two people hit by a man who drove his car onto a closed Seattle freeway and into a crowd protesting police brutality has died.

Summer Taylor, 24, of Seattle died Saturday evening at Harborview Medical Center, spokesperson Susan Gregg said.

Taylor and Diaz Love, 32, of Portland, Oregon, were hit by the car that barreled through a panicked crowd of protesters on Interstate 5 early Saturday morning, officials said.

Dawit Kelete of Seattle drove the car around vehicles that were blocking I-5 and sped into the crowd about 1:40 a.m., according to a police report released by the Washington State Patrol. Video taken at the scene by protesters showed people shouting “Car! Car!” before fleeing the roadway.

https://apnews.com/ff3c4fb3a627d694b5d888dcd48c89b0
It's sad she got herself in harm's way.

Watching that video, the driver apparently tried to avoid first the vehicles, then the people in the road after they got through. They were traveling at too high a rate to make that second turn work and hit two.

Blocking high speed roadways has inherent danger.

From the article,
The Washington State Patrol said Saturday evening that going forward it won’t allow protesters to enter I-5 and would arrest pedestrians on the freeway.

Had that been done in the first place, she'd still be alive and the driver wouldn't be facing a lynch mob.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2020, 06:49:57 pm by Smokin Joe »

C S Lewis

Offline LegalAmerican

The driver should not be charged.  He slowed down as he tried to avoid crashing into a vehicle blocking the travel lane.  The pedestrians are the ones who should be charged since they were the ones violating the law.

888high58888.  BINGO!

Offline NavyCanDo

Need to get something off my chest.  To celebrate a protesters death and sing praises to the driver of the car is moronic and stands against every word written on the front of a MAGA hat. So let's stop it.   I have seen the worst of the shameful comments on FB. And we shout "ALL LIVES MATTER". By that you mean even protesters you disagree with respassing on the freeway?

A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline LegalAmerican

Kamala Harris
@KamalaHarris
 Â· 4h

Anyone else see the mental disorder?  And pink hair.  When is THAT insanity going to stop?  Looks like her head is shaved on the other side.  Then she is the poster child for BLACK LIVES MATTER?    One less LEFT.  I have a difficult time feeling sorry for people who are OUT OF THEIR MINDS. 

Offline NavyCanDo

The driver should not be charged.  He slowed down as he tried to avoid crashing into a vehicle blocking the travel lane.  The pedestrians are the ones who should be charged since they were the ones violating the law.

The driver, a black man tried this same stunt a week ago but was stopped by the WSP before he got onto the freeway. They were aware of him according to the WSP spokesman. This was intentional not an accident. YES he should be charged.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline LegalAmerican

Need to get something off my chest.  To celebrate a protesters death and sing praises to the driver of the car is moronic and stands against every word written on the front of a MAGA hat. So let's stop it.   I have seen the worst of the shameful comments on FB. And we shout "ALL LIVES MATTER". By that you mean even protesters you disagree with respassing on the freeway?

You don't get it, do you?   WE ARE IN A WAR.  PEOPLE DIE IN WARS.  Stop the virtue signal. She put herself in harms way.  Darwin Award. 

Online Smokin Joe

It's tragic that the young woman's actions led to her death. It is sad that the law was not enforced and the protesters removed from the Interstate Highway.

I'm not sure what the speed limits are on the Interstate there, but here 75 is normal, in Wyoming, 80. It's hard to maneuver around people at those speeds, and the presence of undamaged vehicles across traffic lanes can't be a good thing. Not something you'd want to stop for (for some of us, Reginald Denny's fate left an indelible mark).

At some point, though, it isn't a question of agreeing or disagreeing with protests, it comes down to how much you can alter the path of a vehicle at speed, and who is, by their own option, in the way.
Sadly, if more physics and less social victimhood were taught in schools today, perhaps those in the middle of the road would have reconsidered that position and not been there.

C S Lewis

Offline LegalAmerican

The driver, a black man tried this same stunt a week ago but was stopped by the WSP before he got onto the freeway. They were aware of him according to the WSP spokesman. This was intentional not an accident. YES he should be charged.

WRONG again.  People are trying to get to their jobs, places.  When RIOTERS block off major highways, there will be some damage.  Stop acting 'stupid' and no one will get hurt. STOP THE IGNORANT 'PROTESTS' which are dangerous. Or, HOW ABOUT YOU try and navigate a highway, these insane people blocked off?  Then YOU can be charged for trying to 'live your life'.  The only people who need to be charged, are all these ANTI-AMERICANS....causing problems in our country now.

Offline roamer_1

Premeditation changes the whole picture, don't it?  :pondering:

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

Did you celebrate when Bin Ladin of Soleimani was killed?  This Antfa soldier is no different than them. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.