Author Topic: Singing in church banned under new order from Newsom as Covid cases rise  (Read 598 times)

rangerrebew

Singing in church banned under new order from Newsom as Covid cases rise

Sacramento Bee (Sacramento, Calif.) | Jul 4, 2020 | News | 14

Californians are still free to attend their house of worship. But they’re forbidden from singing or chanting.

Updated COVID-19 guidelines issued this week by the state Department of Public Health require churches and other houses of worship to “discontinue singing and chanting activities.”

In previously allowing religious organizations to reopen in late May, the state merely said these institutions should “strongly consider discontinuing singing, group recitation, and other practices and performances.”

https://www.gopusa.com/?p=91410?omhide=true

rangerrebew

I'll bet rioters singing is allowed, though. :pondering:

Offline PeteS in CA

Unless silence is mandated in stores and restaurants this is clearly unconstitutional.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline skeeter

I'll bet rioters singing is allowed, though. :pondering:
Spittle flecked ‘hey hey ho ho’ chants in the streets will continue to be considered de rigeur.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2020, 04:55:54 pm by skeeter »

Offline PeteS in CA

What P's me off is that Goobernor Nuisance has no clue why corona viruses have been increasing. He's just lashing out blindly. I think there are multiple causes, but I suspect the two greatest sources have been the protests and US expats and green-card holders being transferred into CA from overwhelmed Mexican hospitals. Church services and beaches have zip to do with those two infection sources.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Hoodat

California State Constitution
Article 1, Sec 2

Every person may freely speak, write and publish his or her sentiments on all subjects, being responsible for the abuse of this right. A law may not restrain or abridge liberty of speech or press.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline skeeter

California State Constitution
Article 1, Sec 2

Every person may freely speak, write and publish his or her sentiments on all subjects, being responsible for the abuse of this right. A law may not restrain or abridge liberty of speech or press.

Speaking of which I had heard just yesterday the CA legislature is going to end the 'public comment' portion of the legislative process. No surprise.

Offline Hoodat

Speaking of which I had heard just yesterday the CA legislature is going to end the 'public comment' portion of the legislative process. No surprise.

Sec 3(b)

The people have the right of access to information concerning the conduct of the people’s business, and, therefore, the meetings of public bodies and the writings of public officials and agencies shall be open to public scrutiny.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Just open your hymn books to "We Shall Overcome"...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline AL

Seems to me that singing falls under Freedom of Speech and in a church Freedom of Religion.  Newsome's a real true communist control freak.