Author Topic: Horowitz: Republicans won’t even fight for self-defense  (Read 6187 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Horowitz: Republicans won’t even fight for self-defense
Daniel Horowitz · July 2, 2020   

Forget about wearing a mask; what we really need to wear in this new version of America is a bulletproof vest or body armor.

As our country burns and life, liberty, and property are gravely threatened in America’s cities, Republican Sen. Tim Scott is focusing on renaming our military bases. Republican Sens. James Lankford and Ron Johnson are focusing on abolishing Columbus Day. Rather than deter and punish the violent anarchist mobs, they are taking their marching orders straight from the mobs. Who said violence is not the answer? Who ever said crime doesn’t pay?
I’ve been tracking the dangerous trend of motorists and truck drivers being attacked by mobs blocking the roads and even highways. One would think they could just avoid the worst neighborhoods of Minneapolis, Chicago, and New York and confidently drive unmolested by the mob. Nope. These people are everywhere, including in small towns in red states, yet they remain just as undeterred as they are in blue states.

On Monday night, a motorist was surrounded on the streets of Provo, Utah, when he was trying to make a right turn. The mob started throwing things at the car, and as he gingerly pushed forward, one of the rioters shot into the car and injured the driver. His wounds are not life-threatening, but others haven’t been as fortunate.

Thankfully, police arrested 33-year-old Jesse Taggart on attempted murder charges. Taggart is believed to have attacked another driver by breaking his window with his gun. What about all the other rioters? Are the roads clear? Were they punished? Why is there no deterrent even in a county where Hillary Clinton won just 14% of the vote?

I’ll tell you why there is no deterrent: Even in states Republicans control, they refuse to punish the rioters unless they shoot someone, they refuse to clear the roads, they refuse to protect the police from unjust lawfare, and they refuse to empower the citizenry to fight back and defend themselves. When they do, they are the ones who get prosecuted, and those sheriffs who call for their defense get fired...

https://www.conservativereview.com/news/horowitz-republicans-wont-even-fight-self-defense/

AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Mesaclone

Re: Horowitz: Republicans won’t even fight for self-defense
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2020, 04:35:39 am »
Horowitz: Republicans won’t even fight for self-defense
Daniel Horowitz · July 2, 2020   

Forget about wearing a mask; what we really need to wear in this new version of America is a bulletproof vest or body armor.

As our country burns and life, liberty, and property are gravely threatened in America’s cities, Republican Sen. Tim Scott is focusing on renaming our military bases. Republican Sens. James Lankford and Ron Johnson are focusing on abolishing Columbus Day. Rather than deter and punish the violent anarchist mobs, they are taking their marching orders straight from the mobs. Who said violence is not the answer? Who ever said crime doesn’t pay?
I’ve been tracking the dangerous trend of motorists and truck drivers being attacked by mobs blocking the roads and even highways. One would think they could just avoid the worst neighborhoods of Minneapolis, Chicago, and New York and confidently drive unmolested by the mob. Nope. These people are everywhere, including in small towns in red states, yet they remain just as undeterred as they are in blue states.

On Monday night, a motorist was surrounded on the streets of Provo, Utah, when he was trying to make a right turn. The mob started throwing things at the car, and as he gingerly pushed forward, one of the rioters shot into the car and injured the driver. His wounds are not life-threatening, but others haven’t been as fortunate.

Thankfully, police arrested 33-year-old Jesse Taggart on attempted murder charges. Taggart is believed to have attacked another driver by breaking his window with his gun. What about all the other rioters? Are the roads clear? Were they punished? Why is there no deterrent even in a county where Hillary Clinton won just 14% of the vote?

I’ll tell you why there is no deterrent: Even in states Republicans control, they refuse to punish the rioters unless they shoot someone, they refuse to clear the roads, they refuse to protect the police from unjust lawfare, and they refuse to empower the citizenry to fight back and defend themselves. When they do, they are the ones who get prosecuted, and those sheriffs who call for their defense get fired...

https://www.conservativereview.com/news/horowitz-republicans-wont-even-fight-self-defense/

You've got a lot of nerve posting an article about the need to fight back against this rising cultural Marxism...when you've done nothing but undermine the one man fighting the hardest against it. I get that many here don't LIKE the President...but no one can deny that he damn-well fights against these monsters...despite constantly being stabbed in the back by NT's and other useful idiots unwittingly helping the Left. The article itself is excellent, but by undermining the President at every turn you are an agent/useful idiot of those who are the doing their best to destroy the nation. Despicable.

Maybe I'll be banned for saying this, but those who kneecap the man fighting hardest against the Left, have no ethical right to post articles about the dangers of that same Leftist movement.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Online roamer_1

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2020, 05:19:16 am »
but no one can deny that he damn-well fights against these monsters...

I'll deny it outright.

Maybe I'll be banned for saying this, but those who kneecap the man fighting hardest against the Left, have no ethical right to post articles about the dangers of that same Leftist movement.

meh.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2020, 05:24:19 am »
You've got a lot of nerve posting an article about the need to fight back against this rising cultural Marxism...when you've done nothing but undermine the one man fighting the hardest against it. I get that many here don't LIKE the President...but no one can deny that he damn-well fights against these monsters...despite constantly being stabbed in the back by NT's and other useful idiots unwittingly helping the Left. The article itself is excellent, but by undermining the President at every turn you are an agent/useful idiot of those who are the doing their best to destroy the nation. Despicable.

What has he done besides tweet?  Walk across the way and hold up a Bible?  Call for prosecution of those who destroy our history?  After the fact posting pictures of people rioting.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2020, 05:25:29 am »
I'll deny it outright.

meh.

Let me rephrase, only a blind idiot could deny it.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2020, 05:29:04 am »

Excellent and true.   :thumbsup:

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2020, 05:30:21 am »
What has he done besides tweet?  Walk across the way and hold up a Bible?  Call for prosecution of those who destroy our history?  After the fact posting pictures of people rioting.

He uses the bully pulpit...and with great effect. And yes, that is the greatest tool any President has within his power. He’s has, for the record, taken many other actions...up to and including use of the Nstional Guard and deployment of multiple Federal assets. But...of course...orange man bad. So keep shilling for these maniacs in our streets by attacking the only leader we have who is actually standing up to them...it’s just who you are now.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2020, 05:30:32 am »

Only a blind idiot would say he did.

This from a month ago:

Trump mobilizes US military to end unprecedented riots
By Ebony Bowden
June 1, 2020 | 7:07pm | Updated c 

WASHINGTON — President Trump on Monday threatened to use a law from 1807 allowing him to send military forces to states rocked by unrest over the death of George Floyd in a sudden White House Rose Garden address interrupted by the sounds of protesters being cleared out by police nearby.
“We cannot allow the righteous cries of peaceful protesters to be drowned out by an angry mob,” Trump said, declaring himself the “president of law and order” while blaming extremist groups such as Antifa for the unrest.

https://nypost.com/2020/06/01/president-trump-mobilizing-us-military-to-end-george-floyd-riots/

And of course he didn't.   Its what he does.  Says he is going to do something and doesn't.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2020, 05:32:06 am »

I ain't blind. But niether am i impressed with vanities and vain symbolism and call it fighting.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2020, 05:32:51 am »

Excellent and true.   :thumbsup:

You wouldn't know truth if it came up and bit you in the butt.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2020, 05:35:36 am »
I ain't blind. But niether am i impressed with vanities and vain symbolism and call it fighting.

Impressed...you embody vanity and vain symbolism. You should trade mark both traits ... along with moral narcissism which exudes from your every post.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2020, 05:37:12 am by Mesaclone »

Online roamer_1

« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2020, 05:37:32 am »
Impressed...you embody vanity and vain symbolism. You should trade mark both traits ... along with moral narcissism that exudes from your every post.

Whatever. Like every Tumpster on the planet, attack personally... Lame. But I am used to it by now.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2020, 05:41:27 am »
Whatever. Like every Tumpster on the planet, attack personally... Lame. But I am used to it by now.

You are on a GOP titled message board...and do nothing but aid the cause of extreme Leftism...and you are surprised you’re attacked for doing so? Really? We don’t want these idiots who are burning our businesses and canceling our culture to prevail...and you and Chosen are helping them to do so. You really shouldn’t be all that shocked that conservatives don’t like that.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2020, 05:43:44 am by Mesaclone »

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2020, 05:50:08 am »
You are on a GOP titled message board...and do nothing but aid the cause of extreme Leftism...and you are surprised you’re attacked for doing so? Really? We don’t want these idiots burning our businesses and canceling our culture to prevail...and you and Chosen are helping them to do so. You really shouldn’t be all that shocked that conservatives don’t like that.

I am on a Conservative board?  Caving to BLM and calling for renaming military bases is Conservative?  Republicans are no longer Conservative.  Most are RINO, at best.  And of course oneof the newest Republicans in name is the Jeff Vandrew that the President loves.  Biggest liberal there is.  Approves and endorsed by Planned Parenthood and Sierra Club.  And we have Marc Esper.  Busy removing pictures of people up for promotions because they might not be black.

And of course Trump and his First Act letting criminals out just because Kayne West said it was a good thing to do.

Wow!  That's so Conservative.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2020, 05:50:57 am »
You are on a GOP titled message board...and do nothing but aid the cause of extreme Leftism...and you are surprised your attacked for doing so? Really? We don’t want these idiots burning our businesses and canceling our culture to prevail...and you and Chosen are helping them to do so. You really shouldn’t be all that shocked that conservatives don’t like that.

Keep up the personal attacks. We know it's all you've got.
And it has long been the case that this is NOT a GOP board - It is a conservative board. BIG difference.

And the idiots ARE prevailing precisely becase no one stands in their way, to include the feckless GOP and your dear leader.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2020, 06:08:17 am by roamer_1 »

Offline dancer

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2020, 06:22:05 am »

Its all they have.

Offline DB

« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2020, 06:57:07 am »
Impressed...you embody vanity and vain symbolism. You should trade mark both traits ... along with moral narcissism which exudes from your every post.

I don't think that means what you think it means...

Principled character is like kryptonite to some of you Trump supporters...

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2020, 10:00:34 am »

@roamer_1

Ohhh,the irony.........
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2020, 10:04:25 am »
I don't think that means what you think it means...

Principled character is like kryptonite to some of you Trump supporters...

@DB

ROFLAMO!  More of a case of acting like petulant 3 years olds who have hissy-fits when they don't get their way.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2020, 10:14:55 am »
I'll deny it outright.

meh.

@roamer_1

Yeah,but you think it's still the 1800's.

Offline Practical

« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2020, 12:07:32 pm »
Republicans won't fight for anything, they haven't for years and years. Feckless. They don't want to be in the driver's seat, they want to be in the back so they can take a nap when things get hard. They do love being in that car tho! They are happy to punish lawful defense in an effort to deter lawful defense, then they can campaign on 'See? You need us to protect you!' If folks are still looking to DC to make changes or set things right, you are doing it wrong! Local, Limited, Government. I am a libertarian at heart, but I am certainly not an anarchist. We need government to protect life, liberty, and property because most of us are too busy working to do it ourselves. But it they will not do it, and its becoming more and more clear everyday that they will not, then it's time to do it ourselves.
If you think I suck now, you should listen to my podcast! ThePodocasts.com

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2020, 12:16:52 pm »
KLAVAN: Republican Men Without Chests
By  Andrew Klavan
Jul 4th, 2020
  DailyWire.com
I have a friend who despises Donald Trump. Whenever Trump does something he finds outrageous, my friend mocks the president’s supporters by mimicking their frequent defense of him: “At least he fights.”

As I’ve often said, Trump is a great big American character with great big American flaws – and some great big American virtues too, often overlooked.

But you know what? At least he fights.

Never-Trumpers have retreated from the political battle we’re actually in to an imaginary world where they are knightly defenders crossing swords with the Ray Harryhausen skeletons of ideological decay. They call their anti-Trump PAC The Lincoln Project. They call their anti-Trump websites The Remnant or The Ramparts. The idea is that they are the last men standing atop the last redoubt fighting for the party of 1860 against the perfidious President the Donald who has so badly disfigured it.

Well, no. ...
rest of article
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online roamer_1

« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2020, 01:51:39 pm »
Republicans won't fight for anything, they haven't for years and years. Feckless. They don't want to be in the driver's seat, they want to be in the back so they can take a nap when things get hard. They do love being in that car tho! They are happy to punish lawful defense in an effort to deter lawful defense, then they can campaign on 'See? You need us to protect you!' If folks are still looking to DC to make changes or set things right, you are doing it wrong! Local, Limited, Government. I am a libertarian at heart, but I am certainly not an anarchist. We need government to protect life, liberty, and property because most of us are too busy working to do it ourselves. But it they will not do it, and its becoming more and more clear everyday that they will not, then it's time to do it ourselves.

More than that... Consider they might be in collusion, and your eyes will open wide.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2020, 01:54:37 pm »
You wouldn't know truth if it came up and bit you in the butt.

I quit responding to that blithering spamming (expletive).   Not worth the 20 extra blood pressure points,
« Last Edit: July 04, 2020, 02:02:04 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.