Author Topic: Ted Cruz: Jon Francis Will Stand up to Austin Swamp  (Read 229 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Ted Cruz: Jon Francis Will Stand up to Austin Swamp
« on: July 03, 2020, 07:38:48 pm »
Texas Scorecard by Brandon Waltens July 2, 2020

“I know that conservative Jon Francis will stand up to the swamp in Austin and fight for our values.”

In a new television ad this week, U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz compares the Texas Legislature to a swamp and urges voters to support Jon Francis in the runoff primary election in House District 60.

“Washington D.C. is a swamp, and I’m fighting alongside President Trump to drain it,” Cruz says in the beginning of the 54-second spot. “But did you know the state capitol in Austin isn’t much better?”

“I know the conservative Jon Francis will stand up to the swamp in Austin and fight for our values.”

Encompassing eight counties (Brown, Callahan, Coleman, Eastland, Hood, Palo Pinto, Shackelford, and Stephens), House District 60 is one of the most conservative districts in Texas in terms of its Republican turnout.

The district is currently represented by State Rep. Mike Lang (R–Granbury), but it opened up last year when Lang announced a campaign for county commissioner in Hood County.

More: https://texasscorecard.com/state/ted-cruz-jon-francis-will-stand-up-to-austin-swamp/