Author Topic: Neighbors turn on St Louis who defended home with guns, call actions a ‘horrific event’  (Read 1069 times)

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

I did that two years ago. Took my long time bay area business with me.
Good for you.  Bet you have profited both financially and mentally since that time.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Good for you.  Bet you have profited both financially and mentally since that time.

I hope he has.  He moved in as I moved out (because I retired).

@DB
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Honestly, it has been my experience that  patriots and conservatives saw the writing on the wall several years ago, and got the hell out of dodge of large cities, and went to the 'burbs and rural areas.    What remains that live in big cities is either the poor who can't leave, or wealthy bleeding heart liberals who just can't escape their guilt, while residing in highly guarded and gated communites.
Certainly holds true for St. Louis as it hold the record for the most shrinkage of any big city in America

1. St. Louis
• Decline from 1950 decade peak: -64.7%

• 1950 population: 856,796

• 2018 population: 301,048

With a population of 856,796, St. Louis was the eighth largest city in the country in 1950. The city’s population has steadily declined since then to just over 300,000 in 2018, ranking as only the 64th largest city in the United States. Like other cities with long-term population declines, adverse socioeconomic conditions are prevalent in parts of St. Louis. East St. Louis, for example, is far and away the most dangerous city in Illinois and one of the most dangerous cities in the United States. Also, one in four people living in St. Louis live in poverty, well above the national poverty rate of 14.6%.

While St. Louis may not be booming, certain aspects of the city do show signs of renewed prosperity. Relatively high immigration from Asia has helped offset some of the out-migration. The city’s sports teams, the Cardinals and the Blues, do very well, which can help support population and economic growth. And, plenty of universities and large companies still operate and thrive in the city.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2019/06/11/5-cities-have-lost-half-or-more-of-their-populations-since-1950/39557461/
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Certainly holds true for St. Louis as it hold the record for the most shrinkage of any big city in America

Big cities have been going "donut" for decades.   As the hole in the middle grows, the dough of the suburbs/exurbs grows.  As the big cities seize control of the State governments, people and companies have been "exurbing" entirely out of their states.  @DB moved from the Bay Area to the next state over.  A billion-dollar investment house is moving from Seattle to Phoenix.  Voting with the feet is continuing apace.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online DB

Most of my school friends have left the BA. There’s been a near complete demographic turnover and the new residents have no concept of personal freedom past what they wear & kind of car they drive apparently.

Last I heard something like 65% of the programmers there were foreign born. No history or understanding of our culture. No knowledge of our constitution and why it makes us different. They came for the opportunity yet failed to understand that that opportunity was a result of our history and culture rooted in our constitution. And now they are uprooting the very thing that brought them here.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@IsailedawayfromFR

St.Louis might be an exception. It has been a VERY scary place for a long time.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!