Author Topic: Rove: Trump Campaign Needs to ‘Reset’ — He Has to Have Second-Term Agenda  (Read 1000 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Pam Key 3 Jul 2020

Friday on Fox News Channel’s “America’s Newsroom,” former George W. Bush adviser Karl Rove called on President Donald Trump’s 2020 campaign to do a “reset.”

Rove said, “First of all, let’s put it in context when you are in the barrel, you need to do something that says you are moving in a different direction. That is what I mean by reset.”

He continued, “You have to do something that’s big and grab the attention of the American people. It’s a big new policy or a change in tone or direction. And that’s a mechanical thing. You can’t simply say we have bad poles and bad press. You have to do something different.”

He added, “The reset is the least important thing. More importantly, the president has to have an agenda for the second term. No president gets reelected by saying I’ve done a good job. You have to be in a place where you say I’ve done a good job, I’ve got more things that I want to do and those are things that you like. If you look at the successful reelections in the modern era, the convention speech of Bill Clinton in 1996, George W. Bush in 2004, and a Barack Obama in 2012, they all said here’s what I’ve been doing, but all of them also said here’s the second act. Here’s what I want to do in the coming four years. Then the third thing that they would do in those speeches is say, is a contrast between me and my opponent. My point of my column is to say you got to do a reset come up with something.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/07/03/rove-trump-campaign-needs-to-reset-he-has-to-have-second-term-agenda/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LegalAmerican

POTUS needs to do his own thing.  All those who want to 'tell' him what to do,  it is to laugh.  ROVE IS FOR ABORTIONS.
Rove is not president and never will be.  What 'value' does he have?  NONE.  lol 

Offline Absalom

Rove is not president and never will be.
-----------------------------
Er........in fact Trumpet is not POTUS, as he's been auditioning for an Apprentice re-do since 2016.

Online kevindavis007

POTUS needs to do his own thing.  All those who want to 'tell' him what to do,  it is to laugh.  ROVE IS FOR ABORTIONS.
Rove is not president and never will be.  What 'value' does he have?  NONE.  lol

Karl Rove helped W win a second term...
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline Applewood

I'm no fan of Karl Rove, but he is right as are others who have said similar things.  Trump needs to win over those who are not his usual supporters.  His supporters will follow him to the gate of hell; he doesn't need to sway them.  But for other voters, he has to give them a reason to choose him.  Trump is not doing that.

But it is well known that Trump doesn't listen to good advice.  He wants yes men who will go along with what he wants to do.  Ok, fine.  But if he loses in November, it will be his fault. 

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Trump's second-term agenda includes bringing back offshored jobs, taking on China: Navarro
Fox News, Jun 29, 2020

President Trump's second-term agenda will include bringing back jobs offshored while his presidential rival Joe Biden was vice president, White House trade adviser Peter Navarro said on Sunday.

"This is the jobs president, the greatest jobs president in history," Navarro told "Sunday Morning Futures." "This is all about jobs, what that means is all the jobs and supply chain that Joe Biden offshored in his 40 years of failure, we will continue to bring them home."

Trump continues to tout pre-pandemic declines in unemployment among black and Hispanic Americans.

"This election's going to be about jobs, China, law and order with reform," Navarro said.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/trump-second-term-offshoring-peter-navarro

One hears his agenda in every ad and every speech ... in addition to Navarro's list, POTUS stresses protecting the 2A (VERY big in VA), the right to life, the courts ... and yes, merit based immigration and finishing the wall.

The campaign does a nice job of balancing "promises made, promises kept" with "the best is yet to come" ... the replacement for "MAGA" at the end of his speeches.

He also offers something else the opposition party does not ..... an unabashed love of the USA.  Parts of the President's SOTU address (below) were heard in last night's speech at Mt. Rushmore  -- -so look for more of this theme:  The protector of our American inheritance.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2QuJAXBIMg

« Last Edit: July 04, 2020, 09:42:42 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Pam Key 3 Jul 2020

Friday on Fox News Channel’s “America’s Newsroom,” former George W. Bush adviser Karl Rove called on President Donald Trump’s 2020 campaign to do a “reset.”

@mystery-ak

Trump must be doing something right to have a RINO like Rove come out of his hole in horror.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
 rrthree

@kevindavis

You say that like it's a good thing,instead of a hanging offense.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I'm no fan of Karl Rove, but he is right as are others who have said similar things.  Trump needs to win over those who are not his usual supporters.  His supporters will follow him to the gate of hell; he doesn't need to sway them.  But for other voters, he has to give them a reason to choose him.  Trump is not doing that.

But it is well known that Trump doesn't listen to good advice.  He wants yes men who will go along with what he wants to do.  Ok, fine.  But if he loses in November, it will be his fault.

@Applewood

Yeah,and the clueless Bush-Bots who refused to vote for him because he isn't a RINO will be blameless,right?

Offline Applewood

@Applewood

Yeah,and the clueless Bush-Bots who refused to vote for him because he isn't a RINO will be blameless,right?

@sneakypete

I don't know to whom you are referring.  I only know that back in 2016, when I said I didn't intend to vote for him, a Trump supporter told me that my vote wasn't needed for Trump to win and apparently, it wasn't, since Trump did become president.  So many Trump fans now are certain that 2020 will be just like 2016 and Trump will win re-election handily.  If that's true, then I assume Trump doesn't need my vote or that of any other voter whom does not support him or is on the fence about who to choose.

Therefore, if Trump ignores voters outside of his fervent admirers and loses, then don't try to pin his loss on any of them.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@sneakypete

I don't know to whom you are referring.  I only know that back in 2016, when I said I didn't intend to vote for him, a Trump supporter told me that my vote wasn't needed for Trump to win and apparently, it wasn't, since Trump did become president.  So many Trump fans now are certain that 2020 will be just like 2016 and Trump will win re-election handily.  If that's true, then I assume Trump doesn't need my vote or that of any other voter whom does not support him or is on the fence about who to choose.

Therefore, if Trump ignores voters outside of his fervent admirers and loses, then don't try to pin his loss on any of them.

@Applewood

Let me see if I understand you correctly,ok? You are not going to vote for Trump because he's not willing to kiss your ass,politically?

The difference between the 2016 elections and the 2020 elections are massive. In 2016 the DNC didn't take him seriously. They thought they had stolen the election,"fair and square" by paying off or blackmailing RINO's to not support Trump,and were shocked when he won.

They are taking him so serious this time they got with the Chinese and brought a virus to America in order to shut down campaigning because even they knew the retard they were running as their front man had no chance of defeating him.

In short,they started stealing the election months ago when the DNC forced all the other Dim candidates,3 or whom had more delegates than Biden,to step down and throw their support to him.

This could end up being the last election held in America if the Dims win.

But......,if minor things like that don't bother you,nurse your ego,and drive on.

Offline Applewood

@Applewood

Let me see if I understand you correctly,ok? You are not going to vote for Trump because he's not willing to kiss your ass,politically?

No, the reason I won't vote for Trump is that he has been a major disappointment and failure as president.  I didn't vote for him in 2016, but I had hopes that maybe he would prove me wrong and do great things.  He didn't do jack.  He had at one point both houses of congress held by his own party, but neither he nor his party could get anything done.  Trump has lied. cheated and betrayed the American people.  When they looked to him for leadership during this pandemic, all they got were lies, contradictions and a whole lot of posturing.  He put together a task force supposedly headed by Mike Pence, but instead of allowing the task force to do its job, he turned their briefings into a substitute for his campaign rallies.  He wanted to run the whole show and tell the states what to do, but when he found he couldn't do that, he basically abandoned them.  They looked to him for help in getting the equipment and help they needed -- something as president he had the power to do -- but he largely ignored them (particularly if the governors were Democrats) and left them to scrounge up their own equipment and supplies.  All Trump does is lie, bitch and moan, promote baseless conspiracy theories,  make promises and threats he has no intention of carrying out, attack people he doesn't like and blame an ever-changing laundry list of people and entities for his own failures.

The difference between the 2016 elections and the 2020 elections are massive. In 2016 the DNC didn't take him seriously. They thought they had stolen the election,"fair and square" by paying off or blackmailing RINO's to not support Trump, and were shocked when he won. 

A lot of people were shocked Trump won in 2016.  But there again, he cold have used his election to do great things and show them where they were wrong.  He didn't.

They are taking him so serious this time they got with the Chinese and brought a virus to America in order to shut down campaigning because even they knew the retard they were running as their front man had no chance of defeating him.

In short,they started stealing the election months ago when the DNC forced all the other Dim candidates,3 or whom had more delegates than Biden,to step down and throw their support to him.

Sorry, I believe in facts, not conspiracy theories.  Get back to me when you have facts to support your arguments.

This could end up being the last election held in America if the Dims win.

This could be the last election in America no matter who wins.  If the Democrats prevail, this country will go down the tubes.  However, if the Republicans win, they will just stand by and watch it happen.  Democrats and Republicans want the same things.  They don't give a damm what happens to this country and us peasants, so long as they collect their pay and bennies.  Make America Great Again?  No.  More like Make My Wallet Fatter and piss on America.

But......,if minor things like that don't bother you,nurse your ego,and drive on.

We have two candidates for president, neither of whom are good for this country.  i have no intention of voting for either.  And if that makes you and the rest of the Trump brigade unhappy, you can all kiss my fat rear.

Online libertybele

We have two candidates for president, neither of whom are good for this country.  i have no intention of voting for either.  And if that makes you and the rest of the Trump brigade unhappy, you can all kiss my fat rear.

Everyone has to vote their conscience.  I've been evaluating and watching Trump but more importantly I think is I listen to what he has to say in compared to what he actually does. There have been some things that he has said and hasn't followed through with or he's done the opposite.  I think he's done some really good things for this country and he's been able to at times pushback the left -- no easy feat.  I believe his intentions are good, but his roadblocks have been numerous and in some cases insurmountable. That is not his fault. 

With Trump I see a very slight glimmer of hope for this country (again, numerous roadblocks), with Biden our Republic will surely fall.

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

No, the reason I won't vote for Trump is that he has been a major disappointment and failure as president.  I didn't vote for him in 2016, but I had hopes that maybe he would prove me wrong and do great things.  He didn't do jack.  He had at one point both houses of congress held by his own party, but neither he nor his party could get anything done.

@Applewood

And,of course,it was his fault the RINO's wouldn't support him because they were in bed with the Dims,right?

Trump has lied,cheated

Ever heard of a thing called "politics"?

and betrayed the American people.   

THAT is a damn lie,and you should be ashamed of yourself for making it. You must be confusing him with professional politicians like anybody named Bush,Clinton,Kennedy,or Obama.

When they looked to him for leadership during this pandemic, all they got were lies, contradictions and a whole lot of posturing.

Poor bay-bay!  He didn't single-handedly cure the virus all by himself the first  30 minutes?

No wonder you hate him so much!

He put together a task force supposedly headed by Mike Pence, but instead of allowing the task force to do its job, he turned their briefings into a substitute for his campaign rallies.  He wanted to run the whole show and tell the states what to do, but when he found he couldn't do that, he basically abandoned them.

It's called "politics". Most adults understand this. Just because the opposition sets traps,that doesn't mean you have to step into them.

They looked to him for help in getting the equipment and help they needed -- something as president he had the power to do -- but he largely ignored them (particularly if the governors were Democrats) and left them to scrounge up their own equipment and supplies.

The poor babies! And all they did was to oppose him,call him a fool and a liar,and try to blame him for the disease!

All Trump does is lie, bitch and moan, promote baseless conspiracy theories,  make promises and threats he has no intention of carrying out, attack people he doesn't like and blame an ever-changing laundry list of people and 30 minutes?

Getting your talking points from the Huffington Post,are you?

That's you,not me.

A lot of people were shocked Trump won in 2016.  But there again, he cold have used his election to do great things and show them where they were wrong.  He didn't.

You can't possibly be that naive.

Sorry, I believe in facts, not conspiracy theories.

ROFLMAO! Good one!

Get back to me when you have facts to support your arguments.

Why? You wouldn't recognize them.

This could be the last election in America no matter who wins.  If the Democrats prevail, this country will go down the tubes.  However, if the Republicans win, they will just stand by and watch it happen.  Democrats and Republicans want the same things.  They don't give a damm what happens to this country and us peasants, so long as they collect their pay and bennies.

Make your mind up,will you?  Trump agrees to a compromise with the Dims on one issue to get something like funding for the border wall/fence,and you raise hell with him for "cooperating" with the Dims.

Then you turn around and condemn him for not getting more done by working with the Dims.

Make America Great Again?  No.  More like Make My Wallet Fatter and piss on America.

Ok,now I understand you better. Class/Money envy. You hate Trump because he was born into wealth and you weren't. Got it.

We have two candidates for president, neither of whom are good for this country.  i have no intention of voting for either.

Obviously because you are holier than everybody else. Wouldn't have a thing to do with your personal prejudices,would it?

And if that makes you and the rest of the Trump brigade unhappy, you can all kiss my fat rear.

Fish gotta swim,birds gotta fly,and a narcissist has to put themselves above all. Nothing new about that.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@Applewood

Sorry, I believe in facts, not conspiracy theories.  Get back to me when you have facts to support your arguments.

:rolling: :rolling:

Offline LegalAmerican

@mystery-ak

Trump must be doing something right to have a RINO like Rove come out of his hole in horror.

BINGO!   888high58888:patriot: :patriot:

Offline LegalAmerican

Everyone has to vote their conscience.  I've been evaluating and watching Trump but more importantly I think is I listen to what he has to say in compared to what he actually does. There have been some things that he has said and hasn't followed through with or he's done the opposite.  I think he's done some really good things for this country and he's been able to at times pushback the left -- no easy feat.  I believe his intentions are good, but his roadblocks have been numerous and in some cases insurmountable. That is not his fault. 

With Trump I see a very slight glimmer of hope for this country (again, numerous roadblocks), with Biden our Republic will surely fall.

What has he done that is opposite?  He isn't done yet, with all the obstruction by demon-rats.  MEDIA is not telling the public all his accomplishments and when I post them...'not allowed'.    www.magapill.com

Or, some don't believe them, and prefer to 'harm' America than be supportive.  Last sentence is NOT ABOUT YOU.

Offline LegalAmerican

:rolling: :rolling:

What I don't understand is,  how some people are so anti-American. What is their real issue?  Wanting to destroy America, will make them happy?  Living in a communist country, like now, with masks?  This is their UTOPIA?  Why would anyone want to over throw our constitution and Bill of rights?  Isn't that why we are so exceptional and most everyone wants to come into our country?  So, let's destroy....that.  I BLAME..HART/CELLER  ACT 1965.
Not everyones toes, who touch our soil, become 'American".  All the hyphenated names.  Why come here, stay where you are and be miserable, there,  then here.  SHARIA law is not fun.

Offline Applewood

@Applewood

And,of course,it was his fault the RINO's wouldn't support him because they were in bed with the Dims,right?

Like I said, always blaming others for Trump's failures.

Ever heard of a thing called "politics"?

But Trump supporters always told me Trump was not a politician.

THAT is a damn lie,and you should be ashamed of yourself for making it. You must be confusing him with professional politicians like anybody named Bush,Clinton,Kennedy,or Obama.

But he has betrayed America, particularly those of you who worship at his feet.  Only you have drunk so much Kook-Ade, you don't recognize the betrayal.

Poor bay-bay!  He didn't single-handedly cure the virus all by himself the first  30 minutes?

That has to be the most assinine response I've ever seen. My point was, we have this crisis and he was supposed to lead.  Instead, he at first wrote off the virus, then politicized it, then  promoted a dubious cure, then declared the virus all but gone.  Trump is a liar and a con artist.  You, my friend, and your fellow Trump supporters have been conned. 

It's called "politics". Most adults understand this. Just because the opposition sets traps,that doesn't mean you have to step into them.

Horse manure.  The task force was supposed to work on disseminating information to the public, briefing the public on the spread of the disease, any progress being made to stop the spread and telling us what we can do to help fight it.  Trump has ignored the advice of the medical professionals who deal with this disease, saying he knew better than they about this virus (where did he get his medical degree again?) and the result has been a whole lot of people not knowing what to do or who to believe.

This is a disease that doesn't know the difference between Republican and Democrat, black or white, male or female, young or old.  In a crisis like this, you put politics aside and work together.  In this instance, everyone is at cross-purposes and whether you want to admit it or not, the divisiveness begins and ends with Trump.

Getting your talking points from the Huffington Post,are you?

I don't need HuffPo or anyone else to tell me what I see and hear with my own eyes and ears.  On the other hand, you get your talking points from your leader and all that conspiracy theory karp he promotes and you subscribe to.    Tell me, do you have to wait for Trump to tell you when to take a dump too, or does he allow you to do that on your own?

That's you,not me.

Never said I hated him.  The quote you cite didn't come from me.

You can't possibly be that naive.

So I'm naive because I expect the president to do his job.  Ok.

ROFLMAO! Good one!

Happy I have amused you.

Why? You wouldn't recognize them.

In all the time I've been sparring you, you have never come up with anything to back up your numerous conspiracy theories.  So I have no facts from you to recognize.

Make your mind up,will you?  Trump agrees to a compromise with the Dims on one issue to get something like funding for the border wall/fence,and you raise hell with him for "cooperating" with the Dims.  Then you turn around and condemn him for not getting more done by working with the Dims.

Well, I was talking about both parties in general, but since you mentioned it --Trump has shown  from the beginning of his presidency that he won't work with even his own party.  He's a know-it-all who stomps his feet and storms out whe  he can't get his way.  On something like a pandemic, which will affect everyone regardless of party affiliation, a grownup puts aside his differences and cooperates with his opponents to get done what was needed.  Trump didn't do it.

Signing spending spree bills is a whole 'nuther matter.  Trump cooperates on those because he loves to spend other people's money.  It's as simple as that.

Ok,now I understand you better. Class/Money envy. You hate Trump because he was born into wealth and you weren't. Got it.

Again, talking about both parties in general, not just Trump.  But since you brought it up -- I don't really care how much money Trump has (and I've often suspected he's not as wealthy and successful as his PR claims), nor do I care about what wealth anyone else has.  What I do care about is paying these bums in Washington who sit around and do nothing to earn their pay, except to spend our hard earned tax dollars.  And even though Trump gives away his salary, he still enjoys benefits paid for by the taxpayers.  But like the others, I have yet to see him earn it.

Obviously because you are holier than everybody else. Wouldn't have a thing to do with your personal prejudices,would it?

Fish gotta swim,birds gotta fly,and a narcissist has to put themselves above all. Nothing new about that.

The narcissist here is your idol, Trump.  No,  I'm just an ordinary voter who believes in voting her conscience.  And I cannot in all good conscience vote for either candidate.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2020, 11:27:03 pm by Applewood »

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
We have two candidates for president, neither of whom are good for this country.  i have no intention of voting for either.
@Applewood
Which is why I'm grateful to live in a state where---if you can't cast a write-in vote, and you're not exactly impressed by what the third parties offer---you can pull the lever for "None of These Candidates" and not go home feeling as though your first order of business is to have yourself undergo a complete de-lousing.

If your state offers you a write-in option, may I suggest Groucho Marx, on three very solid grounds?

1) He once said, "Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it, and misapplying the wrong solutions." Which is more political wisdom than has come forth from the mouths of about two decades' or more worth of office-holders, from the locals to the counties to the cities to the states and right up to and including President Tweety and Joe Bidet.

2) The 19th century humourist Artemus Ward was only half kidding when he said that if we can't find a live man(person) who amounts to anything, by all means let's find a first class corpse.

3) If the dead can still vote in Chicago (and possibly elsewhere), why can't the living vote for the dead---who can't possibly make the kind of mischief that has brought us to yet another Most. Important. Election. In. Our. Lifetimes. (If you count Congressional elections, there have been about 32 Most. Important. Elections. Of. Our. Lifetimes. in my lifetime alone.)

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

And his first term.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Absalom

No, the reason I won't vote for Trump is that he has been a major disappointment and failure as president.  A lot of people were shocked Trump won in 2016.
This could be the last election in America no matter who wins. However, if the Republicans win, they will just stand by and watch it happen. Make America Great Again?
More like Make My Wallet Fatter and piss on America.
We have two candidates for president, neither of whom are good for this country.
------------------
Applewood, grasp your chagrin.
Trump is a re-do of his grand-pa, another draft-dodging coward.
As for 2016, remember he lost the popular vote to Hilarity by 3 million!!!!
The only trait these 2 Stooges stand for is self-interest creating a fat wallet.

Offline Applewood

@EasyAce

You did tell me once before about the none-of-the-above voting option in your state.  Alas, Pennsylvania doesn't have that.  I could write in Groucho -- heck, a deceased comedian could do better than the live candidates we have now.  I also think there is an option to skip the presidential race and just vote in the other races.  But I think I'm going to have similar problems in those races too.  We just don't have good candidates, at least not where I live.

I'll figure something out between now and November, I'm sure.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
@EasyAce

You did tell me once before about the none-of-the-above voting option in your state.  Alas, Pennsylvania doesn't have that.  I could write in Groucho -- heck, a deceased comedian could do better than the live candidates we have now.  I also think there is an option to skip the presidential race and just vote in the other races.  But I think I'm going to have similar problems in those races too.  We just don't have good candidates, at least not where I live.

I'll figure something out between now and November, I'm sure.
@Applewood

There is no requirement to be "with" history when history is headed toward an abyss.---John Chamberlain.

And if you can't find any candidates local, city, county, state, or national who stand (unlike the execrable incumbent and his bat-head challenger) for only two things and nothing more---keeping the peace and otherwise leaving people the hell alone---then remember a second wise man . . .

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline Applewood

@EasyAce

Thank you.  And BTW, P.J. O'Rourke is one of my favorite satirists.