Author Topic: Schumer: Trump Is the ‘Weakest’ President in American History  (Read 1521 times)

Offline EdinVA

I don't know where you get your news.

https://www.newsweek.com/six-months-soleimani-iran-tested-fights-1514888

TEL AVIV – Iran, Russia, China, and Turkey are celebrating the “collapse” of the U.S., the Jerusalem Post reported, with the aim of furthering their own economic interests and engaging in an Middle East arms race.

https://www.breitbart.com/middle-east/2020/06/03/iran-russia-china-turkey-celebrating-collapse-of-the-u-s-report/

The Unlikely Convergence of Russia, Iran, and Turkey

https://nationalinterest.org/feature/unlikely-convergence-russia-iran-and-turkey-44617

https://www.newsweek.com/russia-iran-and-turkey-are-building-new-middle-east-887720

I can get more. 

Disaster is unfolding in Syria as videos emerge of US allies being slaughtered and hundreds of ISIS prisoners escape during airstrikes

As the Turkish invasion in northern Syria proceeds, the region appears to have descended into violent chaos, with videos emerging of Turkish proxies slaughtering US allies.

https://www.businessinsider.com/syria-isis-relatives-fled-kurdish-camp-after-turkish-airstrike-2019-10

Rome — Italian police said Wednesday that they had seized a world record 15-ton haul of amphetamines made by ISIS in Syria. The drug, in the form of 84 million Captagon tablets, was worth about one billion euros ($1.1 billion), police said in a statement, describing the operation as "the biggest seizure of amphetamines in the world."

"We know that the Islamic State finances its terrorist activities mainly by trafficking drugs made in Syria, which in the past few years has become the world's largest producer of amphetamines," the statement added.

The shipment was hidden in three containers found in the port of Salerno, just south of Naples.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/italy-captagon-amphetamines-seizure-1-billion-dollars-pills-from-isis-syria-today-2020-07-01/

Last Updated: 4th July, 2020 02:36 IST
US Troops Continue To Withdraw From Afghanistan Despite Escalating Violence
While the Taliban continue to attack soldiers and civilians in Afghanistan, the United States plan to withdraw troops is making progress as per schedule.
Written By
Shubham Bose

https://www.republicworld.com/world-news/rest-of-the-world-news/us-troops-continue-to-withdraw-from-afghanistan-despite-escalations.html
From your link.....
One Israeli official who requested anonymity described Soleimani's killing to Newsweek "as a stabilizing event that so far has had significant implications for regional stability."
"It has left the Iranian axis with a gap in capabilities that they have not yet been able to fill," the official said. "It did have a very real, actual and tangible effect on the Iranian axis from the really strategic big picture also to the operations level."

"The fact that Soleimani is not there anymore probably adds difficulty for the Iranians to get stuff done both the arms-smuggling and the entrenchment in Syria because his personal role was pivotal in coordinating operations, in smoothing the path along the way between different Iran-affiliated militia whether it's Iraq or Syria and many other roles that he had that are no longer being done on the same level," the official added.

Offline Hoodat

I don't know where you get your news.

From your article:

Ranj Alaaldin, a visiting fellow at the Brookings Doha Center and co-director of the Proxy Wars Initiative, was skeptical of the continuity of the Revolutionary Guard's pull among its partners without the iconic Quds Force leader. He also said that "it's still too soon" to rate Ghaani's performance but felt Soleimani's "personal relationships and personal touch" were key to the Iranian war effort, so "his successors are likely to fail"—an outcome that Alaaldin suggested could have existential consequences for the Iranian government itself.

"It will be years until we know the full implications of his assassination and history could look back at his assassination as the moment where it all unraveled for the Islamic Republic,"
Alaaldin said. 

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
From your article:

Ranj Alaaldin, a visiting fellow at the Brookings Doha Center and co-director of the Proxy Wars Initiative, was skeptical of the continuity of the Revolutionary Guard's pull among its partners without the iconic Quds Force leader. He also said that "it's still too soon" to rate Ghaani's performance but felt Soleimani's "personal relationships and personal touch" were key to the Iranian war effort, so "his successors are likely to fail"—an outcome that Alaaldin suggested could have existential consequences for the Iranian government itself.

"It will be years until we know the full implications of his assassination and history could look back at his assassination as the moment where it all unraveled for the Islamic Republic,"
Alaaldin said.

That article also includes information on his replacement and information that the assassination made him a martyr.  Everyone can read it for themselves the overall message of the article is that it hasn't slowed them down a bit and they are continuing to operate.  In Afghanistan and Pakistan too.

The articles I posted also have a general message and are recent news of  a coalition between Russia, Turkey and Iran.  If you think that one strike that killed Soleimani killed Iran's ability to generate terror and support our enemies you are crazy.

That would be a Trump Fairy Tale of epic proportions.

I thought I posted this one too.  Perhaps you didn't read this.

https://www.jpost.com/middle-east/russia-turkey-and-iran-coordinate-anti-us-syria-policy-slamming-israel-633680

One of the comments from the article:

BlueBullhorn
2d

Thank you Trump for enabling Russia, Turkey and Iran to become stronger in the region via your "gut" policy.  You singlehandedly are removing US from a position of leadership in the world.  Please, can we get a real Republican leader who gets it?
« Last Edit: July 05, 2020, 06:36:20 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
That article also includes information on his replacement and information that the assassination made him a martyr.  Everyone can read it for themselves the overall message of the article is that it hasn't slowed them down a bit and they are continuing to operate.  In Afghanistan and Pakistan too.

The articles I posted also have a general message and are recent news of  a coalition between Russia, Turkey and Iran.  If you think that one strike that killed Soleimani killed Iran's ability to generate terror and support our enemies you are crazy.

That would be a Trump Fairy Tale of epic proportions.

I thought I posted this one too.  Perhaps you didn't read this.

https://www.jpost.com/middle-east/russia-turkey-and-iran-coordinate-anti-us-syria-policy-slamming-israel-633680

One of the comments from the article:

BlueBullhorn
2d

Thank you Trump for enabling Russia, Turkey and Iran to become stronger in the region via your "gut" policy.  You singlehandedly are removing US from a position of leadership in the world.  Please, can we get a real Republican leader who gets it?
Frankly, I don't care if we make them all martyrs, so long as they are deprived of competent leadership.

Cry in front of his picture all you want, he won't be planning multinational terrorist operations any more, and that's something he was adept at.
His absence leaves a hole in their tactical and strategic order of battle that will be hard to fill, so I don't care if they declare Soleimani Sundays or have a half price day at the ball park in his honor, so long as he isn't there to target our troops.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Chosen Daughter

Frankly, I don't care if we make them all martyrs, so long as they are deprived of competent leadership.

Cry in front of his picture all you want, he won't be planning multinational terrorist operations any more, and that's something he was adept at.
His absence leaves a hole in their tactical and strategic order of battle that will be hard to fill, so I don't care if they declare Soleimani Sundays or have a half price day at the ball park in his honor, so long as he isn't there to target our troops.

I am saying it doesn't stop them.  They have a new commander.  I am glad the SOB is gone, but it is no magic fix to stop Iran from being a sponsor of terror.

And the greater point in it all is that Iran, Russia and Turkey are all working against the US and its policy.  Leaving our troops in Syria now to guard the oil is like making them sitting ducks.  Like it or not.  Ignore it, whatever those countries are forming policy against us in Syria, Afghanistan, Pakistan and Libya.  And in greater context they are forming a coalition of terror against the West as a whole. 

Iran is ‘world’s worst state sponsor of terrorism,’ says US terrorism report

https://americanmilitarynews.com/2020/06/iran-is-worlds-worst-state-sponsor-of-terrorism-says-us-terrorism-report/

So Soleimani is dead but Iran is still the worst state sponsor of terrorism.

And they have their defenders Russia to help them obtain their nuclear objectives too.

Russia defends Iran satellite launch against US opposition

https://www.timesofisrael.com/russia-defends-iran-satellite-launch-against-us-opposition/
« Last Edit: July 05, 2020, 07:23:22 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline AL

The Looney Toon Party.   Biden - Schumer - Pelosie.    :rolling:

Online Smokin Joe

I am saying it doesn't stop them.  They have a new commander.  I am glad the SOB is gone, but it is no magic fix to stop Iran from being a sponsor of terror.

And the greater point in it all is that Iran, Russia and Turkey are all working against the US and its policy.  Leaving our troops in Syria now to guard the oil is like making them sitting ducks.  Like it or not.  Ignore it, whatever those countries are forming policy against us in Syria, Afghanistan, Pakistan and Libya.

Iran is ‘world’s worst state sponsor of terrorism,’ says US terrorism report

https://americanmilitarynews.com/2020/06/iran-is-worlds-worst-state-sponsor-of-terrorism-says-us-terrorism-report/

So Soleimani is dead but Iran is still the worst state sponsor of terrorism.

And they have their defenders Russia to help them obtain their nuclear objectives too.

Russia defends Iran satellite launch against US opposition

https://www.timesofisrael.com/russia-defends-iran-satellite-launch-against-us-opposition/
It isn't a question of a new commander, there will always be someone in charge as long as there is even one left.
But the real master is gone. That leaves a bunch who might be capable (sorta), but not AS capable as he was.

Keep eliminating the best players, and pretty soon, they're playing with their farm team.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Chosen Daughter

It isn't a question of a new commander, there will always be someone in charge as long as there is even one left.
But the real master is gone. That leaves a bunch who might be capable (sorta), but not AS capable as he was.

Keep eliminating the best players, and pretty soon, they're playing with their farm team.

I think that is very ill informed of the situation.  The US just last month published a report saying Iran is the biggest sponsor of terrorism.  I don't think they are anywhere near crippled.  And now they have Russia doing their bidding also.

National Security
Iran, Russia Smuggling Weapons to Libyan Terror Factions
U.S., Libyan officials see evidence of illicit arms network fomenting chaos in Libya

Forces loyal to Libya's UN-recognized GNA parade a Russian-made Pantsir air defense system truck / Getty Images
Adam Kredo - June 4, 2020 3:30 PM

Iran and Russia were caught shipping heavy weaponry into Libya, providing new evidence of an illicit arms smuggling operation that has equipped anti-government terror groups with, among other things, anti-tank missiles, according to American and Libyan officials who spoke to the Washington Free Beacon.

A weapons cache was recently flown into Libya by Cham Wings, a Syrian-operated commercial airline tied to Bashar al-Assad and subject to U.S. sanctions. The shipment included Russian-made weapons and, for the first time, Iranian arms, according to information obtained by Libya's Government of National Accord (GNA), the country's U.S.-backed interim ruling council.

The weapons were delivered to Libyan military commander Khalifa Haftar, who is in charge of multiple terrorist factions waging war against the GNA and its Western backers. Russia and Iran are supporting Haftar's forces, which have been accused of carrying out war crimes.

Iran's new involvement marks a significant escalation in Libya's years-long civil war, according to American, Israeli, and Libyan officials. By fomenting chaos in the country, Iran hopes to increase its regional footprint and undermine democratic reformers backed by the United States and other Western governments. Haftar's militias used this weaponry to battle GNA forces in and around Tripoli, a central battleground in the civil war.

"The Iranian twist is something that's new," Mohammed Ali Abdallah, a senior adviser to the GNA and its representative to the United States, told the Free Beacon. "Their involvement has not been as visible in this crisis."

https://freebeacon.com/national-security/iran-russia-smuggling-weapons-to-libyan-terror-factions/
« Last Edit: July 05, 2020, 07:35:30 am by Chosen Daughter »

Online Smokin Joe

I think that is very ill informed of the situation.  The US just last month published a report saying Iran is the biggest sponsor of terrorism.  I don't think they are anywhere near crippled.  And now they have Russia doing their bidding also.

National Security
Iran, Russia Smuggling Weapons to Libyan Terror Factions
U.S., Libyan officials see evidence of illicit arms network fomenting chaos in Libya

Forces loyal to Libya's UN-recognized GNA parade a Russian-made Pantsir air defense system truck / Getty Images
Adam Kredo - June 4, 2020 3:30 PM

Iran and Russia were caught shipping heavy weaponry into Libya, providing new evidence of an illicit arms smuggling operation that has equipped anti-government terror groups with, among other things, anti-tank missiles, according to American and Libyan officials who spoke to the Washington Free Beacon.

A weapons cache was recently flown into Libya by Cham Wings, a Syrian-operated commercial airline tied to Bashar al-Assad and subject to U.S. sanctions. The shipment included Russian-made weapons and, for the first time, Iranian arms, according to information obtained by Libya's Government of National Accord (GNA), the country's U.S.-backed interim ruling council.

The weapons were delivered to Libyan military commander Khalifa Haftar, who is in charge of multiple terrorist factions waging war against the GNA and its Western backers. Russia and Iran are supporting Haftar's forces, which have been accused of carrying out war crimes.

Iran's new involvement marks a significant escalation in Libya's years-long civil war, according to American, Israeli, and Libyan officials. By fomenting chaos in the country, Iran hopes to increase its regional footprint and undermine democratic reformers backed by the United States and other Western governments. Haftar's militias used this weaponry to battle GNA forces in and around Tripoli, a central battleground in the civil war.

"The Iranian twist is something that's new," Mohammed Ali Abdallah, a senior adviser to the GNA and its representative to the United States, told the Free Beacon. "Their involvement has not been as visible in this crisis."

https://freebeacon.com/national-security/iran-russia-smuggling-weapons-to-libyan-terror-factions/
For over 40 years the US has been piddling in circles over the problem of Iran, and finally, we get someone who does something other than send them billions in jizzya, and he's the bad guy?
When the next one crosses the line into some place we can say he's a direct threat to our troops, hit him, too.

C S Lewis

Offline Hoodat

You specifically used the word "embolden".  That is not equivalent to your new narrative above.  Your goal posts have been moved.  And the article clearly states that even their intent to continue is severely hampered by Soleimani's death..  Ghaani will never be the leader that Soleimani was..  It was an irreparable blow for Iran's regime.  Your article directly contradicts your assertion.  It has slowed them.

The articles I posted also have a general message and are recent news of  a coalition between Russia, Turkey and Iran.

That article predates Soleimani's death by 11 months.

If you think that one strike that killed Soleimani killed Iran's ability to generate terror and support our enemies you are crazy.

Again, that's not what you said.  You accused Trump of 'embolding' Iran, falsely.  He has done no such thing, nor have any of the sources you provided supported your false claim.  This has become a pattern for you, which is sad considering that I have been on your side many times.  But I will not lie just to tear someone down.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Chosen Daughter

You specifically used the word "embolden".  That is not equivalent to your new narrative above.  Your goal posts have been moved.  And the article clearly states that even their intent to continue is severely hampered by Soleimani's death..  Ghaani will never be the leader that Soleimani was..  It was an irreparable blow for Iran's regime.  Your article directly contradicts your assertion.  It has slowed them.

That article predates Soleimani's death by 11 months.

Again, that's not what you said.  You accused Trump of 'embolding' Iran, falsely.  He has done no such thing, nor have any of the sources you provided supported your false claim.  This has become a pattern for you, which is sad considering that I have been on your side many times.  But I will not lie just to tear someone down.

The link you referenced in post 26 was a brand new article 2 days ago

Yes I will say emboldened.  And Trump denied Russia paying Taliban calling it a hoax?

This article is from 2 years ago

Russia 'arming the Afghan Taliban', says US

Justin Rowlatt
Chief environment correspondent
@BBCJustinR
on Twitter

Russia is supporting and even supplying arms to the Taliban, the head of US forces in Afghanistan has told the BBC.
In an exclusive interview, Gen John Nicholson said he'd seen "destabilising activity by the Russians."

He said Russian weapons were smuggled across the Tajik border to the Taliban, but could not say in what quantity. Russia has denied such US allegations in the past, citing a lack of evidence.

And-

"We see a narrative that's being used that grossly exaggerates the number of Isis [Islamic State group] fighters here," Gen Nicholson told BBC News. "This narrative then is used as a justification for the Russians to legitimise the actions of the Taliban and provide some degree of support to the Taliban."

"We've had stories written by the Taliban that have appeared in the media about financial support provided by the enemy. We've had weapons brought to this headquarters and given to us by Afghan leaders and said, this was given by the Russians to the Taliban," he continued. "We know that the Russians are involved."

Much of Gen Nicholson's career has been spent in the conflict in Afghanistan. He narrowly escaped death when his office in the Pentagon was destroyed by one of the 9/11 planes and the US campaign in Afghanistan has shaped his career ever since.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-43500299

Trump claimed that ISIS was 100% destroyed yet they are making and selling drugs to fund terrorism.  They have resurged in Syria where we allowed Turkey to go in with their own Islamic Extremists.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/italy-1b-pills-isis-syria-amphetamines

ISIS Redux: The Central Syria Insurgency in June 2020
July 2, 2020 | Gregory Waters
Research Analyst

https://www.counterextremism.com/blog/isis-redux-central-syria-insurgency-june-2020

I post all the links and everyone can read them theirselves. 

Offline Chosen Daughter

DIA says ISIS took advantage of Turkish invasion of northern Syria, Baghdadi death did not degrade jihadi group
Shawn Snow
February 4

https://www.militarytimes.com/flashpoints/2020/02/04/dia-says-isis-took-advantage-of-turkish-invasion-of-northern-syria-baghdadi-death-did-not-degrade-jihadi-group/

String Of ISIS Attacks Continues In Syrian Desert
By South Front -
July 3, 2020

Excerpt:

Turkish-backed forces continue regular ceasefire violations despite the recent military buildup undertaken by the Syrian Army near the contact line in northeastern Syria. Most likely, Turkish proxies feel a kind of impunity thanks to the direct protection of the Turkish Armed Forces. This behavior instigates military tensions in the region.

Meanwhile, Syrian forces blocked a US military convoy at the al-Dardara bridge on the road between Tel Tamr and Abu Rasin in the northern countryside of Hasaka. After a short verbal confrontation, the US convoy withdrew from the area. Recently, such incidents between Syrian and US forces in Hasakah province became something common. Apparently, the Damascus government boosted its efforts to limit the freedom of operations of the US-led coalition there.

The situation stabilized in the militant-held part of Greater Idlib. After almost a week of clashes and competing accusations by Hayat Tahrir al-Sham and the Fa Ithbatu coalition (both groups linked with al-Qaeda), the sides reached a ceasefire deal. Hayat Tahrir al-Sham once again demonstrated that it is the most influential and militarily capable group in the opposition-held area.

https://www.veteranstoday.com/2020/07/03/string-of-isis-attacks-continues-in-syrian-desert/

Must watch:

How A Shootout In Syria Shows A Precarious Position For US Troops
YouTube · 17,000+ views · 3/5/2020 · by Newsy

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=Russia%2c+Iran+and+Turkey+on+US+Syrian+oil+2020&docid=608018183234849803&mid=9C0DCC420AA859D3ED729C0DCC420AA859D3ED72&view=detail&FORM=VIRE

Russia, Turkey and Iran coordinate anti-US Syria policy, slamming Israel
Today, the US says it guards “oil” in eastern Syria and has a base at Tanf near the Jordanian border.
By SETH J. FRANTZMAN   JULY 5, 2020 17:10

Russia, Turkey and Iran held a virtual meeting last Wednesday to coordinate efforts in Syria. They have been holding similar meetings since 2017 as part of what is called the Astana Process.

Their goals have increasingly converged, and their statement last week appeared aimed at undermining the US’s role in eastern Syria and isolating US partner forces. The statement also condemned Israel for actions in Syria. They called Israel’s actions “destabilizing” but did not pinpoint which Israeli actions they meant.

« Last Edit: July 05, 2020, 07:33:56 pm by Chosen Daughter »

Offline Hoodat

The link you referenced in post 26 was a brand new article 2 days ago

That is the article that clearly states that their intent to continue is severely hampered by Soleimani's death.  Ghaani will never be the leader that Soleimani was..  It was an irreparable blow for Iran's regime.  Your article directly contradicts your assertion.  It has slowed them.

It was this article here that predates Soleimani's death by 11 months:

The Unlikely Convergence of Russia, Iran, and Turkey

https://nationalinterest.org/feature/unlikely-convergence-russia-iran-and-turkey-44617

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Chosen Daughter

That is the article that clearly states that their intent to continue is severely hampered by Soleimani's death.  Ghaani will never be the leader that Soleimani was..  It was an irreparable blow for Iran's regime.  Your article directly contradicts your assertion.  It has slowed them.

It was this article here that predates Soleimani's death by 11 months:

I am done with your dishonesty.  People can read the links themselves.  *****rollingeyes*****

I guess you skipped the new article on Turkey, Russia and Iran

Last year, this year....

Last year Putin was supporting Taliban.  This year he is too.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2020, 04:11:43 am by Chosen Daughter »