Author Topic: How Turkey Could Get Back into the F-35 Program: America Buys Their Russian S-400 Air Defense System  (Read 755 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
How Turkey Could Get Back into the F-35 Program: America Buys Their Russian S-400 Air Defense System.

Oh, and Putin won't like that one bit.

In an amendment to the 2021 National Defense Authorization Act submitted by Senator John Thune (R-S.D.), outlined how the United States could be able to buy Turkey’s S-400 air defense system.

Turkey purchased the Russian-made S-400 system in defiance of the United States and NATO, with which the system is incompatible, despite strong warnings from the United States. Despite the warnings, Turkey took delivery of the system earlier this year.

The S-400 is one of Russia’s premier missile defense systems. Depending on the type of target and the type of missile used, the S-400 can detect targets up to 600 kilometers or about 375 miles away, though maximum targeting distance is somewhat less at 400 kilometers, or about 250 miles.
The S-400 is highly customizable, depending on the threat it is likely to counter. Depending on the missile package, it can be optimized for short- medium- and long-range targets, such as high-flying bombers, or much faster ballistic missiles.

https://nationalinterest.org/blog/buzz/how-turkey-could-get-back-f-35-program-america-buys-their-russian-s-400-air-defense-system
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
Pretty smart move, but I would trust Erdogan as far as I could throw that islamist POS.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Pretty smart move, but I would trust Erdogan as far as I could throw that islamist POS.

I am absolutely sure you know more about this. What do you think about this portion of the article?

American and NATO Allies expressed concerns that the Russian system’s tracking radar could gain insights on the F-35 stealth fighter’s flight characteristics and radar signature, potentially uncloaking the stealth characteristics of NATO’s newest fighter. Additionally, servicing the made-in-Russia air defense system could require on-site Russian technicians who may have access to NATO air defense data. The repercussions for Turkey are significant.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Turkey should be getting zilch of any of our military hardware or technology. 

In additon they need to be drummed out NATO asap.  They're basically functioning as Russian spies there anyway.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Turkey should be getting zilch of any of our military hardware or technology. 

In additon they need to be drummed out NATO asap.  They're basically functioning as Russian spies there anyway.

Amen.  That is the way it looks to me too.  And with the meeting between Russia, Iran and Turkey it is blatantly obvious what the absence of America has allowed.

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
I am absolutely sure you know more about this. What do you think about this portion of the article?

American and NATO Allies expressed concerns that the Russian system’s tracking radar could gain insights on the F-35 stealth fighter’s flight characteristics and radar signature, potentially uncloaking the stealth characteristics of NATO’s newest fighter. Additionally, servicing the made-in-Russia air defense system could require on-site Russian technicians who may have access to NATO air defense data. The repercussions for Turkey are significant.
It's not beyond the realm of possibilities that Turkey would share sensitive information or access to the aircraft to Russia.  That was one of the key concerns the JSF Program had with Turkey purchasing the systems.  Also the fact that Turkey would obviously test the aircraft against the systems with Russian operators.  This would provide Russia with reams of intel against the F35.  Russia is not our "friend" and would share this information with Syria to enable them to possibly shoot down Israeli F35s and who knows who else they would sell it to along with the S400 systems. 
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline Chosen Daughter

It's not beyond the realm of possibilities that Turkey would share sensitive information or access to the aircraft to Russia.  That was one of the key concerns the JSF Program had with Turkey purchasing the systems.  Also the fact that Turkey would obviously test the aircraft against the systems with Russian operators.  This would provide Russia with reams of intel against the F35.  Russia is not our "friend" and would share this information with Syria to enable them to possibly shoot down Israeli F35s and who knows who else they would sell it to along with the S400 systems.

So if we bought them to use would Russia gain access to our sensitive information?  Would they possibly be programmed not to function against Russia?

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
So if we bought them to use would Russia gain access to our sensitive information?  Would they possibly be programmed not to function against Russia?
Not likely.

Offline Chosen Daughter