Author Topic: FAA completes re-certification test flights of Boeing’s 737 MAX  (Read 287 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
American Military News  July 03, 2020 The Seattle Times - Dominic Gates

The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and Boeing on Wednesday completed the required re-certification flight tests on the 737 MAX, taking the plane a step closer to FAA approval to return to service.

An extensive to-do list must be accomplished before the plane can receive clearance to fly passengers again, a milestone now expected no sooner than mid-September.

During three days of testing this week, FAA pilots and engineers evaluated Boeing’s proposed changes to the automated flight control system on the aircraft that was implicated in two fatal crash flights.

The software called the Maneuvering Characteristics Augmentation System (MCAS) has been upgraded to ensure it isn’t triggered by a single sensor and cannot be activated repeatedly.

Boeing has revamped the entire architecture of the flight control software so that the jet’s systems now use both flight control computers on each flight instead of only one, thus taking input from dual sensors on each side of the plane.

More: https://americanmilitarynews.com/2020/07/faa-completes-re-certification-test-flights-of-boeings-737-max/

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Since I don't fly I usually wouldn't care, however I live directly under the flight path for the Long Beach, Ca. airport and that makes it a concern.