Author Topic: One of America’s aircraft carriers is named for a segregationist. Some want to rename it.  (Read 460 times)

rangerrebew

One of America’s aircraft carriers is named for a segregationist. Some want to rename it.

By Katherine Hafner

As a Mississippi senator, John C. Stennis signed the infamous “Southern Manifesto” decrying integration. He fought black equality in the Navy and, as a prosecutor, sought execution for three black men who’d been tortured into confessing.

For several decades, his name has graced an aircraft carrier currently based in Norfolk — the only senator to have that honor.

Now, amid a national reckoning over America’s racist roots, some are pushing for that to change.

https://www.pilotonline.com/military/vp-nw-uss-stennis-name-20200701-7qp62fb2mbh6ll6v5pzml5ahay-story.html

Offline AL

Changing a ships name is said to bring bad luck upon the ship.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Yep. Bad juju.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline LegalAmerican

I don't see a problem.   Don't most now, in American, want to stay in their own enclave?  NO GO ZONES?  Then blacks, want to segregate  now....from white.  Some want a NEW AFRICA...in America. Some want ONLY black teachers for black students.  Some want ONLY black graduations.  No white allowed.  Some have ONLY black dating sites.  Only black beauty pageants.  SEGREGATION IS.....NEW AGAIN.  lol

Offline PeteS in CA

Squailfish
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline libertybele

I don't see a problem.   Don't most now, in American, want to stay in their own enclave?  NO GO ZONES?  Then blacks, want to segregate  now....from white.  Some want a NEW AFRICA...in America. Some want ONLY black teachers for black students.  Some want ONLY black graduations.  No white allowed.  Some have ONLY black dating sites.  Only black beauty pageants.  SEGREGATION IS.....NEW AGAIN.  lol

The problem that I foresee that this will eventually bring about is reverse discrimination which some have been pushing for which could lead to White slavery, and reparations for the Blacks.  Once this happens, rest assured that the Hispanics will want to reclaim this land as theirs which is the premise behind LaRaza White slavery will remain and reparations for the Hispanics will be expected.

This is a huge problem that we have on our hands.  Tearing down statues and renaming ships, streets, etc., is just the beginning.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline dfwgator

Just name ships after States or Cities.   

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I think we should rename it the USS Jesse JacksThaon.

Or maybe the USS Stokely Carmichael.

Or how about that well-known whore-master who loved to hire and beat white whores, Martin Luther King,Jr?

That would surely get the blacks  to cease their rabble-rousing and calm down,right?</S>

NOTHING makes your sworn enemies happier than your surrendering. If we are lucky,maybe they will allow us to keep our citizenship's if we promise to behave?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
The problem that I foresee that this will eventually bring about is reverse discrimination which some have been pushing for which could lead to White slavery, and reparations for the Blacks.  Once this happens, rest assured that the Hispanics will want to reclaim this land as theirs which is the premise behind LaRaza White slavery will remain and reparations for the Hispanics will be expected.

This is a huge problem that we have on our hands.  Tearing down statues and renaming ships, streets, etc., is just the beginning.

@libertybele

Yup! Every word of that true.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline libertybele

@libertybele

Yup! Every word of that true.

People don't seem to realize the severity of what is happening and that the assault on our country is just going to go away on its own.  Beck did a segment the other night, Gov. Noem spoke last night and Trump spoke last night; all 3 of these people are trying to enlighten people as to what the very real potential is of our country falling.  All 3 of these people touched upon the fact that the anarchists are trying to destroy our history to make room for a new "America" which I'm sure they will also want to rename.

I've got news for them; America as we know her falls and so will the rest of the world.  These idiots don't realize that they are being used to invoke a New World Order which can't be implemented as long as our Republic stands.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.