Author Topic: NFL planning to play song long known as Black national anthem before games at start of season: repor  (Read 1206 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
NFL planning to play song long known as Black national anthem before games at start of season: report
By Aris Folley - 07/02/20 06:21 PM EDT

The NFL is planning to have “Lift Ev'ry Voice And Sing,” long referred to as the Black national anthem, played or performed before games during the first week of this year’s season, ESPN reported Thursday.

Citing a source familiar with the plans, the sports network reported that the song will be played before “The Star-Spangled Banner," and that the league is considering putting the names of victims of police brutality on player uniforms.

The efforts come as the league continues to field criticism for its response to kneeling protests started by former San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick during the 2016 season.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/media/505724-nfl-planning-to-play-song-long-known-as-the-black-national-anthem-before-games
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DB

I'd boycott them - but I don't watch any of it all already...

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I told my husband that if he turns on any NFL game in this house I will bash in the tv screen...lol
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online libertybele

Isn't that just dandy.  More disrespect for our country.  I hope that the NFL self destructs and becomes a thing of the past.  I haven't watched a football game since my husband and I were given tickets to a Detroit Lion's game in 1982.  First and last time I ever went to a football game. I don't like football and I am very fortunate my husband doesn't like it either.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline rustynail

Free Chitterlings tomorrow.

Online mountaineer

I demand the playing of "Dixie."
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Wait.  If white people joined in singing the song, wouldn't that be Cultural Appropriation?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
I demand the playing of "Dixie."

Virgil Kane is the name...
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Wait.  If white people joined in singing the song, wouldn't that be Cultural Appropriation?

Not from the cheep seats.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer

Online mountaineer

I say let's scrap all those divisive national anthems and replace them with "Hail, Freedonia" from the Marx Brothers' "Duck Soup."

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
I say let's scrap all those divisive national anthems and replace them with "Hail, Freedonia" from the Marx Brothers' "Duck Soup."
Better yet, "I'm against it." Because that seems to be our national motto these days.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Of course I will not be in the stadium or even watching it on TV, but if I was, if I was actually there, I would immediately 'take a knee' when they play this.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Of course I will not be in the stadium or even watching it on TV, but if I was, if I was actually there, I would immediately 'take a knee' when they play this.

Would be a hoot if the crowd starts booing.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
How can this NOT be racist?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I'd boycott them - but I don't watch any of it all already...

@DB

I have the same problem.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
 I am guessing the half-time show will be picking random whites out of the crowd to beat and stomp to death on the 50 yard line?

Providing of course the whites are outnumbered by a minimum of 10 to 1.

Online mountaineer

Better yet, "I'm against it." Because that seems to be our national motto these days.
:yowsa:

Offline GrouchoTex

I resemble that remark!

Offline GrouchoTex

Whatever it is, I'm against it!
 :cool:

Offline LegalAmerican

Dare I say it?  They want a NEW AFRICA......since the old Africa is so successful.  snark. NBP=Nation of Islam, HAS THAT AS ONE OF THEIR DEMANDS...10 point plan.  NEW AFRICA.  GHANA has asked for people to return to their ancestral roots, and given instant citizenship to those who return.  We were created by WHITE FOUNDING FATHERS...not men from Africa.  What is stopping old Africa from creating an America there?  Same as a bunch of white people going to Africa and complaining too many black people.  They don't 'see' that? 

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Dare I say it?  They want a NEW AFRICA......since the old Africa is so successful.  snark. NBP=Nation of Islam, HAS THAT AS ONE OF THEIR DEMANDS...10 point plan.  NEW AFRICA.  GHANA has asked for people to return to their ancestral roots, and given instant citizenship to those who return.  We were created by WHITE FOUNDING FATHERS...not men from Africa.  What is stopping old Africa from creating an America there?  Same as a bunch of white people going to Africa and complaining too many black people.  They don't 'see' that?

It's like that T-shirt somebody (Abercrombie and Fitch, I think) put out:  "New Mexico!  Much cleaner than the old one!"
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online mountaineer