Author Topic: NASA Just Released a Spectacular 10-Year Timelapse of Our Mesmerising Sun  (Read 467 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Science Alert by DAVID NIELD 1 JULY 2020

For once, we're going to break with the usual advice and tell you that you very much should stare into the Sun. Specifically, into NASA's new 10-year timelapse video of activity on the solar surface.

Lasting 61 minutes in total, the awe-inspiring video has been produced from high-resolution imagery captured by the Solar Dynamics Observatory (SDO) spacecraft over the last decade. Each second on the video represents a day at the centre of the Solar System.

Watch as the Sun's corona – the outermost part of its atmosphere – shimmers and burns day after day, with charged plasma particles looping up and down from the surface. This is a view of the Sun normally hidden from our view by its brightness.

More: https://www.sciencealert.com/nasa-releases-a-spectacular-10-year-timelapse-of-our-mesmerising-sun

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Sorry but I keep looking for the string...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Sorry but I keep looking for the string...
@Smokin Joe
I know it's the wrong celestial body but I keep looking for the plane flying around it

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
« Last Edit: July 03, 2020, 08:45:11 pm by GtHawk »

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Only watched about 10 minutes of it, and only CME I noticed was at about the 20 second point of the clip, (N/E Quadrant shooting laterally).
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Pretty neat, but anything in space is kewl.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️