Author Topic: Texas governor issues mandatory face mask policy  (Read 3546 times)

Offline roamer_1

Re: Texas governor issues mandatory face mask policy
« Reply #75 on: July 09, 2020, 04:32:48 am »
I have heard all throughout this:

Vitamin D helps--get it with sunshine and/or D supplements.

Good fitness, exercize helps--Never discussed here.

There have been limited reopening's almost every state. Distancing.

Any GOOD  date?

Probably more importantly, start jacking C's. I do 2 EmergenCs in the morning, and 1000 mg with every meal... s something like 5000 mg /day, High dose vit C is likely the very best preventative you can take against viruses. I also do 10,000 IU vit D w/K (D needs K), and still taking fire cider, though I am about out. Even so, a diet higher in vinegar is helpful for its antibiotic value, as well as other things (mostly for bad belly for me... No more prilosec...)

Thieves oil, oregano oil...

Offline DB

« Reply #76 on: July 09, 2020, 04:59:48 am »
Probably more importantly, start jacking C's. I do 2 EmergenCs in the morning, and 1000 mg with every meal... s something like 5000 mg /day, High dose vit C is likely the very best preventative you can take against viruses. I also do 10,000 IU vit D w/K (D needs K), and still taking fire cider, though I am about out. Even so, a diet higher in vinegar is helpful for its antibiotic value, as well as other things (mostly for bad belly for me... No more prilosec...)

Thieves oil, oregano oil...

I also take wide spectrum K2.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #77 on: July 09, 2020, 05:03:01 am »
@roamer_1

roamer, Again, you are wrong.  A Face Shield in front goes a number of inches below your chin.  Also, the Face Shield curves around the face, almost to your ears.  The air cannot roll around this curve unless it stops moving and backs up; even then, the plastic is against your skin, no room for air to back up and get in there.  It was made that way to keep air from going in.  Your medical knowledge is lacking.  When you see pictures inside a hospital, you will see Face Shields on those medical people who deal with very sick people.  You will also see surgical masks also being worn under the Shield, either the soft kind or an N95.

@Victoria33

Again, that is not what virologists use. And no, I am not wrong about face shields. They DO roil. Unless it is a full face mask, you are literally wasting your time. 

To become an EMT (Emergency Medical Technician), I had to work in an emergency room.  Have you? 

Nope. just a simple painter, who happens to be very, very familiar with being able to breath in a room full of noxious fumes. I am indeed an authority on masks and how they work, especially when worn all day long in a building stuffed FULL of aerosols that would render me useless without filters. So full that seeing through it to the other wall is unlikely.

I know that once a paper mask gets wet, you can literally lick the volatiles right out of the back of the mask. That's how you know you are way past the time to change it. Typical wetness build up from breathing defeats the mask's static charge (which is how a paper mask works) An n95 works less than a half hour in those conditions, and I will be high as a kite in 10 minutes.

I also know to pack my eyes with vaseline because those same volatiles sting the eyes like crazy. So I am well aware that eyes are not protected by masks and that they need to be. I also know that a face shield roils because I have sprayed in one, many a time. when you can't see no more, having cleaned the front of the shield, you have to clean the back side of the shield. I have done it a ton.

I am also familiar with blowing a room full of xylene, MEK, and no54 based epoxies, paints and stains... keytone and 54 are so bad that if you get them on your skin, you can taste them in your mouth. So I am also quite familiar with full face systems and full air systems in a Pilsbury Dougboy suit.

I know how air works and moves, and I know how masks work... Likely better than most folks do. To include doctors, who obviously don't know jack about same.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2020, 05:10:16 am by roamer_1 »

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #78 on: July 09, 2020, 06:11:18 am »
I also take wide spectrum K2.

I didn't know... What a difference.  :beer:

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #79 on: July 09, 2020, 12:29:01 pm »
The mask is intended to keep the individual from spreading droplets.....   not for their own personal protection  And again, one bad actor, like you eloquently mentioned kind of f's up the whole process.  If everyone had commons sense....   it would work
That's a high bar...humanity isn't going to clear it.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #80 on: July 09, 2020, 12:42:29 pm »
@roamer_1

You said, "Nope. just a simple painter, who happens to be very, very familiar with being able to breath in a room full of noxious fumes. I am indeed an authority on masks and how they work, especially when worn all day long in a building stuffed FULL of aerosols that would render me useless without filters."

Industrial masks are different than medical masks. Industrial masks are not used in a medical sitting because they can't stop something as small as a virus.  An N95 medical mask with a face guard stops a virus.  You don't believe that so I wish you well but you are still wrong.   :chairbang:   :seeya:
« Last Edit: July 09, 2020, 12:45:23 pm by Victoria33 »

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #81 on: July 09, 2020, 04:12:09 pm »

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #82 on: July 09, 2020, 04:39:16 pm »
@roamer_1

You said, "Nope. just a simple painter, who happens to be very, very familiar with being able to breath in a room full of noxious fumes. I am indeed an authority on masks and how they work, especially when worn all day long in a building stuffed FULL of aerosols that would render me useless without filters."

Industrial masks are different than medical masks. Industrial masks are not used in a medical sitting because they can't stop something as small as a virus.  An N95 medical mask with a face guard stops a virus.  You don't believe that so I wish you well but you are still wrong.   :chairbang:   :seeya:

@Victoria33

NO, I AIN'T.  N95 is short for NIOSH 95% - A mask that meets the 95% particulate NIOSH standard... It's a RATING for a mask that filters 95% of airborne particulates.. The medical mask gets the name, but it is not the only one to achieve that rating... In fact, one of the early things Tumpy did was to sign an EO allowing medical systems to use the commercial grade variant of the 3M n95, which is the SAME DAMN THING under different branding, making 30m more masks immediately available.. The reason medical masks are medical masks is so they can charge 50x more for them than the commercial masks, and that is the ONLY reason.

Well that ain't true - theN95 surgical has been certed to stop liquid streams (like blood), along with the particulate rating, but like I said, the commercial N95 is the very same mask, under a different brand. the only difference is in the cert, not in the capability.

And in fact, commercial respirators (like the ones most used by painters), you know, the cartridge style filters, are SUPERIOR to NIOSH95 rated masks, with superior face-fitting, and having not only small particulate (n95) paper cartridges, which are way larger and way more robust, but which are only there to keep moisture from hitting the (Optional multiple) charcoal filters which allow nothing past, to include fumes. Yes, what I got is BETTER than what you got. An n95 is disposable and temporary, and is not meant for long term use like a cartridge respirator is, nor for use in caustic environments like a cartridge respirator is. As I said, a mere n95 would last me less than 1/2 hour, and I would be high from the fumes almost immediately.

And even at that, a fitted mask is not perfect, and if you have not greased the edges of the mask (with vaseline or the like) the seal is still not as good as it could be. See, a painter would know that, because the least hint of ill-fitting is immediately detected and indicated by gagging. I must KNOW I have a perfect fit and in certain cases take pains to achieve it, or I will not be working long. In that I know better how poorly even a properly fitted mask works, and how to achieve a perfect seal, or I do not work.

And likewise, one of the most common failures is at the exhaust port... If your mask does not have an exhaust port it will load up on moisture, and will soon be rendered ineffective, and moisture radically reduces the effective life of the mask... and if the port is not properly cared for, it can be a direct path into the mask, bypassing the filters.

I have this extended knowledge because I am in a noxious environment. and can immediately smell it when the mask is improper. That leads me to extended training in proper care that I am sure your standard health care worker does not receive... like frequent and common care of the exhaust port, and commonly greasing the fitted edge of the mask. Since I am often spraying a color, I can physically see penetrations through the paper filter, where it has failed due to moisture, and know to replace them - again a feature that leads to proper and habitual changing of filters/masks that medical personnel likely don't even think of.

If your masks are SO good, why is it that medical people are dropping like flies and getting infected?

Because the masks do not work.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #83 on: July 09, 2020, 04:59:42 pm »
I have heard all throughout this:

Vitamin D helps--get it with sunshine and/or D supplements.

Good fitness, exercize helps--Never discussed here.

There have been limited reopening's almost every state. Distancing.

Any GOOD  date?

Back when I was walking a half marathon a month plus the weekly outdoors and indoors stuff to maintain that (context), I tested low on vitamin D. Per my cardiologist, as people age their bodies capability to convert sunshine to vitamin D decreases.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #84 on: July 09, 2020, 05:06:53 pm »
Back when I was walking a half marathon a month plus the weekly outdoors and indoors stuff to maintain that (context), I tested low on vitamin D. Per my cardiologist, as people age their bodies capability to convert sunshine to vitamin D decreases.

Not really that - We are made to be outside, and by and large most folks aren't. very few spend their whole day out in it, regardless of conditions. And the older you get, the more that is so. I used to rake asphalt in 100 degree weather. Not no more. I don't know, really, if I lost the capability or I just ain't that dumb now... But that ain't happening. It gets close to 90 I am inside with all the shades pulled down, keeping the sun out of the house. Now, considering you get most of your D from the sun...
« Last Edit: July 09, 2020, 05:07:48 pm by roamer_1 »