Author Topic: Texas governor issues mandatory face mask policy  (Read 3545 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Texas governor issues mandatory face mask policy
« on: July 02, 2020, 09:59:06 pm »
Texas governor issues mandatory face mask policy
By Marty Johnson - 07/02/20 04:43 PM EDT

This video file cannot be played.(Error Code: 232011)

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott (R) has issued an order making it mandatory for all Texans to wear a face covering of some kind while out in public as the state faces a surge in coronavirus cases.

The governor's office said the order applied to all counties in Texas with 20 or more confirmed cases of COVID-19, saying the move was necessary with other efforts to curb the spread of the disease.

"Due to recent substantial increases in COVID-19 positive cases, and increases in the COVID-19 positivity rate and hospitalizations resulting from COVID-19, further measures are needed to achieve the least restrictive means for reducing the growing spread of COVID-19, and to avoid a need for more extreme measures," Abbott said in his executive order issued Thursday afternoon.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/505703-texas-governor-issues-mandatory-face-mask-policy
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LegalAmerican

Re: Texas governor issues mandatory face mask policy
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2020, 10:01:17 pm »
Sad. 

Offline berdie

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2020, 11:59:21 pm »
Enforcement ought to be interesting.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2020, 12:11:13 am »
Enforcement ought to be interesting.

YES.  TEXAS!   I think open carry?  Human beings cannot control a virus!  Those who are afraid, need to stay home. Many already had COIVD and didn't even know.  We are being punished, for something that can't be controlled.

This reminds me of one Thanksgiving dinner. We all arrived on TIME.  Hungry.  One couple was late and didn't't show for a long time. The HOSTESS decided to punish those who arrived on time and hungry, stopping the serving of dinner, till this one couple would show up.  No one knew when..if ever.  By the time, this couple showed up, I wanted to do something really evil to them and hostess!  Most of us were upset.  MAKES ZERO SENSE.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2020, 12:37:40 am »
I will not comply.

Period.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2020, 01:22:05 am »
I see the flucker talking. Without a mask.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2020, 06:50:24 pm »
We are 2nd in the USA in total population.

If, All things being equal, we should be 2nd across the board in COVID statistics, but we are not:

We are 3rd in over-all cases.
We are 29th in cases per-capita.

We are 15th in total deaths caused by the virus.
We are 41st in deaths per-capita.

We are 3rd in total test.
we are 41st in test per-capita.

I can't find good reason to reverse course the way Governor Abbott did.

Yes, the positivity return on test has gone over 10%, which was one metric Governor Abbot used.
7 day average of 13.8%.
I am not sure this is the best metric.
The state has averaged 8.04% since testing began.
However, most do not get the test unless they have symptoms, or were known to be exposed.
This could account for an increase in positivity rates as well.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2020, 08:21:37 pm by GrouchoTex »

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2020, 06:53:52 pm »
I will not comply.

Period.

And I will happily join you in refusing to do so.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2020, 06:59:20 pm »
I see the flucker talking. Without a mask.

He says..'slow the spread'.  Yes, it will prolong the virus.  No person can stop a virus.  Wear a hazmat suit?  YES. Who is going to do that forever, everywhere?  Just keep up your immune system.  All kind of products for that:  moringa, elderberry, green tea, zinc, garlic, onions, silver, etc.

Offline berdie

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2020, 08:02:31 pm »
And I will happily join you in refusing to do so.

@Bigun and @IsailedawayfromFR ...I'm just curious. Do ya'll wear seat belts? And shirts and shoes in restaurants?

I'm not trying to be contrary...I'm just curious as to why this is such a big deal.

Truth be known...I went down swinging over the seatbelt laws. But that was a little different.

Offline The_Reader_David

« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2020, 08:03:10 pm »
YES.  TEXAS!   I think open carry? 

Yup, open carry.  Just as a firearm is a tool useful for the defense of self and others against criminals, though it doesn't always provide sufficient protection, so a face-mask is a tool useful for the defense of self and others against viruses, though it doesn't always provide sufficient protection.  In both cases knowing how to use it properly and in what circumstances makes the tool more useful.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2020, 11:13:56 pm »

@Bigun and @IsailedawayfromFR ...I'm just curious. Do ya'll wear seat belts? And shirts and shoes in restaurants?

I'm not trying to be contrary...I'm just curious as to why this is such a big deal.

Truth be known...I went down swinging over the seatbelt laws. But that was a little different.

@berdie

For me, the issue is NOT the mask. The issue is the government thinking it has the right to tell me I have to wear one. It does not!

This is a test to see just how much unconstitutional crap you will put up with before you rebel.  I'm not putting up with any of it.

« Last Edit: July 03, 2020, 11:15:20 pm by Bigun »

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2020, 12:40:20 am »

More than one shower per month has that risk of removing that protective layer of filth.

I wear a seat belt in newer cars to keep the bell from ringing.

I agree that mandatory masks are government under reach. Like they are shoving it...down our throats...ahem.

I've said this before. When out and about breathe in all that clean air loaded with molds, fungi, germs, diseases, pollen, etc., to give your body the chance to keep your immune system working.

My wife has always been a clean freak. Because her mother is the opposite.

So am I. Since I met her. 34 years ago. I now take a shower at least once a month.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2020, 12:42:07 am by bigheadfred »
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2020, 01:16:44 am »
Weird move that Texas would do this.
Up to now, the mask mandate has been almost exclusively a Blue State issue.
I wonder who talked or forced Abbott into this?
Wonder why he agreed?
A mask without accompanying eye protection and gloves is completely useless. 
It is all just a waste of money, time, and effort.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2020, 03:19:37 am »
I don't really have a problem with this as COVID 19 is hitting our community hard now.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2020, 03:22:06 am »
I don't really have a problem with this as COVID 19 is hitting our community hard now.

Sleep is just death playing tricks.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2020, 03:45:31 am »

@Bigun and @IsailedawayfromFR ...I'm just curious. Do ya'll wear seat belts?

Nope. Especially up in the sticks... you want to get loose of it before it goes down the mountain.

And shirts and shoes in restaurants?

Yes, but not pants. They didn't say nothin about pants. Actually, I don't prefer restaurants where I have to go inside... Other than diners anyway.

What I do is none of Uncle Nanny's business, until I am breaking the law. And writing a dumbass law to make it their business is promptly ignored. As it oughta be.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2020, 03:46:39 am by roamer_1 »

Online DB

« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2020, 04:24:55 am »

So if government demands that you wear a red shirt and if you don't they'll ticket you, would you do it?

The simple fact is a cloth or paper mask does nothing to block a virus. Nothing.

If the virus is floating around in the air only an N95 mask has any shot at blocking it.

And if the virus is floating around in the air, your eyes are an entry point into your body.

The mask requirement has nothing to do with science because science doesn't support it.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2020, 05:17:45 am »
Is this one of those people walking out of Walmart, getting in their cars, and start picking their nose things?

Online roamer_1

« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2020, 05:20:29 am »
Is this one of those people walking out of Walmart, getting in their cars, and start picking their nose things?

I pick my nose right IN Walmart. I make a point of it.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2020, 05:29:57 am »
I pick my nose right IN Walmart. I make a point of it.

Right. To the point. Get snotty with me and see how far that gets you. teehee.

« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2020, 12:05:01 pm »

This country is built on freedom, more than any other country.

For years our freedoms have been eroded.  Why succumb meekly to another erosion?

We fought a war over a such little things as a tax on tea.  Not a 'big deal'. And we made a stand.  And won our freedom.

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2020, 12:38:00 pm »
Not pleased with the decison, but Abbott otherwise has had impeecable timing, and great decison making on his behalf.  I will go as far as say he has been a great governor.

Better course of action, would have been to make the executive order a proclamation instead, saying that the state recommends mask use, but will still leave it to the individual County Judges to impose what actions are needed at their discretion.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2020, 12:52:56 pm »

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2020, 01:28:32 pm »
So if government demands that you wear a red shirt and if you don't they'll ticket you, would you do it?

The simple fact is a cloth or paper mask does nothing to block a virus. Nothing.

If the virus is floating around in the air only an N95 mask has any shot at blocking it.

And if the virus is floating around in the air, your eyes are an entry point into your body.

The mask requirement has nothing to do with science because science doesn't support it.

:yowsa: pointing-up

« Last Edit: July 05, 2020, 03:00:45 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien