Author Topic: By year’s end: Reparations bill sees new life as House Dems start to fall in line  (Read 338 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
By year’s end: Reparations bill sees new life as House Dems start to fall in line
July 2, 2020 | Jon Dougherty

Legislation that would provide for reparations payments to descendants of American slaves has gained new life in the wake George Floyd’s death at the hands of Minneapolis police.

The oft-introduced legislation is being resuscitated by the Congressional Black Caucus and is likely to draw additional Democratic support over the summer as the party seeks to take political advantage of the times to push the bill, according to The Hill.

The initiative is being led by Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee (D-Texas). Her bill, H.R. 40, is attracting new interest within her caucus following the Floyd incident, which initially sparked widespread protests and rioting but which now appears to have been hijacked by more Left-wing militant elements, according to the Justice Department.

Lee wants to tap into the renewed interest in her bill so she can bring it to the House floor for what would be a historic vote before the end of the year.

more
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2020/07/02/by-years-end-reparations-bill-sees-new-life-as-house-dems-start-to-fall-in-line-941766
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Slide Rule

By year’s end: Reparations bill sees new life as House Dems start to fall in line
July 2, 2020 | Jon Dougherty

Legislation that would provide for reparations payments to descendants of American slaves has gained new life in the wake George Floyd’s death at the hands of Minneapolis police.

The oft-introduced legislation is being resuscitated by the Congressional Black Caucus and is likely to draw additional Democratic support over the summer as the party seeks to take political advantage of the times to push the bill, according to The Hill.

The initiative is being led by Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee (D-Texas). Her bill, H.R. 40, is attracting new interest within her caucus following the Floyd incident, which initially sparked widespread protests and rioting but which now appears to have been hijacked by more Left-wing militant elements, according to the Justice Department.

Lee wants to tap into the renewed interest in her bill so she can bring it to the House floor for what would be a historic vote before the end of the year.

more

https://www.bizpacreview.com/2020/07/02/by-years-end-reparations-bill-sees-new-life-as-house-dems-start-to-fall-in-line-941766

If I am forced to pay reparations, I want a deed and name for what was purchased.

That is only fair?
White, American, MAGA, 3% Neanderthal, and 97% Extreme Right Wing Conservative.

Recommended

J Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson
E Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
N Davies, Europe: A History
R Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
R Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
K Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
A Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, & Everything he wrote

Offline LottieDah

My husband's grandparents  came from Poland in 1915 and my grandparents came from Italy in the 1930s along with my mother and her siblings.  Will I be exempt from paying reparations?

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
There should be a simple, direct response from whites to blacks regarding "reparations":

NO !!!!

... and nothing more after that.