Author Topic: Surgeon general urges widespread mask use: 'It is not a suppression of your freedom'  (Read 10589 times)

Online roamer_1

The way I see it, it got out one of three ways.

The ugliest option, of course, is an intentional release into a population that travels, for the purpose of spreading it all over the planet.
Another option is that the release was accidental, a violation of BSL-4 protocils which allowed the virus to escape the lab and spread.
A third option, is that someone was selling lab animals to the market after the lab was done with them (instead of cremating them), for a little extra money on the side, and that got the virus out.

Whatever the case, where the real damage was done was after the Chinese realized they had a problem.

Instead of shutting down, quarantining the province, and trying to contain the outbreak, the reaction was o destroy samples, destroy records, blame the "wet market" (basically an open air fish market/butcher shop/grocery store) and act like it wasn't a serious problem--until that could no longer be concealed. By that time, the virus was around the world.

That is the part that lends credence to thoughts of intentional transmission/release.

All of that is good thinking, and I can add no more, except against the proposed conclusion...
It may be a matter of saving face, and an inept communistic supposition that the state could effectively control situation... Until they found they could not. There need be nothing nefarious about it, except in the trying to cover it up...

And just as likely on the nefarious side, a distribution engineered by the same international forces that funded the lab in the first place - pointing the finger at China as the bagholder... And China IS the bagholder right now... Everybody hates them, and their markets are trashed... I fail to see the advantage for China in any of this.

So I really am unwilling to speculate without more evidence. But if the responsibility is on China, it is for ineptitude more than intent. This has not been good for them in any way.

As for reaction being the same all over, well, everyone (country wise) has a pandemic plan gamed out in advance, no matter how thin or poor it is. Most of those plans will be like any disaster response, shaped by the ideas of understanding what is going on, containing the problem, trying to figure out how to treat those affected, and keep it from getting worse. No matter where you are, the go-to steps will be pretty much the same.

Like a house fire, you assess it, find out if anyone is inside and launch rescue efforts, even as you are cutting power to the building/affected part, and taking steps to control the fire. The steps are pretty much the same, no matter where you are.

But in those initial moments of panic/energetic evaluation, the doctors turned to a common source for information, one which was supposed to be a global clearinghouse for information, steps to take, treatments/remedies, and as such had a ready centralized source for erroneous information (WHO), and they all got the same stuff to guide their responses.
This remains the problem with monolithic response patterns, especially when they are run by agencies staffed with people who let their incompetence and prejudices (externally motivated or not) interfere with the ability of thousands of doctors, virologists, and biochemists to adapt existing pharma and technique to fight a disease, only for those doctors and their remedies to be ignored or even decried by the global agency. 

It remains one of my fundamental objections to the concentration of any kind of power, in that solutions to problems can be discovered far more quickly if the results of the efforts of thousands of teams can be weighed, without prejudice and the appropriate steps adopted and rechecked by others without the restrictions imposed by people who have a pecuniary interest in specific other measures. All that need be is a forum for the exchange of information, and that cannot work if some are limiting the access of others because they believe differently or seek another avenue of approach which is more personally profitable.

That's all right, except in that the information has been a farce. Any national interest, any sovereignty, ought to dang well know it's a farce, and in some independent instances, that actually happened. But by and large, nations bent to the world view purposefully... Which lends itself to collusion as evidenced by those that did not follow the piper. And those following the piper greatly increased national power against their citizens, and liberty has suffered greatly. A amazingly homogeneous result, that I do not believe is by coincidence.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I'll add that the Chinese were actively working with this virus before it got out. They knew a whole lot more about its characteristics than they provided. That withholding of information delayed everything. It had to be studied as people were being infected to gain necessary information about it that was already known to the Chinese.

China has a lot to answer for.
Considering this is a dead ringer for the chimera virus that was written up in the paper in Nature in 2015, I would bet anyone in the know in NIAID (which contributed to the Wuhan research after the North Carolina research was defunded by the Obama administration) had a fair idea what to look at and what to look for. Considering Fauci was head of NIAID, well, another dot gets connected.  This is a global play, not just a national one. Whether the timing was intentional or just 'fortuitous', I don't claim to know.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2020, 06:09:29 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online roamer_1

Considering this is a dad ringer for the chimera virus that was written up in the paper in Nature in 2015, I would bet anyone in the know in NIAID (which contributed to the Wuhan research after the North Carolina research was defunded by the Obama administration) had a fair idea what to look at and what to look for. Considering Fauci was head of NIAID, well, another dot gets connected.  This is a global play, not just a national one. Whether the timing was intentional or just 'fortuitous', I don't claim to know.

That's about right.

Offline DB

Considering this is a dad ringer for the chimera virus that was written up in the paper in Nature in 2015, I would bet anyone in the know in NIAID (which contributed to the Wuhan research after the North Carolina research was defunded by the Obama administration) had a fair idea what to look at and what to look for. Considering Fauci was head of NIAID, well, another dot gets connected.  This is a global play, not just a national one. Whether the timing was intentional or just 'fortuitous', I don't claim to know.

That sounds likely.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@sneakypete
I don't think it's the Chinese. They may be complicit in their way, but the lab itself was internationally funded, and if it were indeed the Chinese, there would be little gain in loosing it on themselves.

@roamer_1

Other than no longer having to house,feed,clothe,and education maybe millions of their own serfs?

People tend to forget that the flipside of being a Maxium Leaders is you then have to provide for your slaves.

I am more concerned toward the reaction to the virus than the virus itself.

IF I am correct,they are getting the EXACT response they wanted to get. There damn sure doesn't seem to be any effort to hold them responsible legally or financially.

Not that anyone is in a position to hold them responsible.

The virus is somewhat incidental. But all over the world, nations followed the same draconian steps, with very few outliers... That reactionary continuity is well beyond the Chinese ability to control - So to put it simply, someone or something else controlled that.

Of course. Other fascists that dream of a World Wide Government with all the citizens under complete control.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
The way I see it, it got out one of three ways.

The ugliest option, of course, is an intentional release into a population that travels, for the purpose of spreading it all over the planet.
Another option is that the release was accidental, a violation of BSL-4 protocils which allowed the virus to escape the lab and spread.
A third option, is that someone was selling lab animals to the market after the lab was done with them (instead of cremating them), for a little extra money on the side, and that got the virus out.

I agree. It might even be a combination of all three.

Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!