Author Topic: Surgeon general urges widespread mask use: 'It is not a suppression of your freedom'  (Read 10605 times)

Offline LegalAmerican

A bureaucrat telling me what is and isn't infringement of my freedom... whats wrong with that picture?

BINGO!   Of course it is.  So far,  I have not worn a mask.  Did you know, in Oregon, blacks do not have to wear a mask as it is discrimination.  We either all do, or it is worthless.  It is worthless, anyway.  Some say, like using a chain link fence to keep out mosquitoes.  Hispanics where I live, most do not wear any mask, nor do they 6 foot social distance.  I just found out, in my demon-rat state, they have snitches, to 'tell' on business's if they don't comply. 
1984!  Grocery store says, to wear mask, etc, on loud speaker. 

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
« Last Edit: July 02, 2020, 09:41:35 pm by LegalAmerican »

Online roamer_1

OK...I get where you all are coming from. Government control etc. Wearing a mask just isn't a big deal to me...so shoot me. Maybe I've been beaten down by the "no smoking on private property" thing.

I went to buy cigarettes today ( :thud:) , wearing a mask. Some yahoo ignored the signs on the door and inside and refused. So do ya'll think a private business has the right to ask for a mask? Or no shoes no shirt no service? Or no smoking in our establishment.

I contained my comments to the rude guy...mainly because people carry guns these times. But it annoyed me. It was private property. If I require people to wear red clown noses in my home to be admitted that is my business. I may be selling tomatoes.  :laugh:

So, tell me what he was doing was right...I'm sad.

Private businesses that make such demands just don't get my service. I go elsewhere. I have yet to were a mask at all.

Offline berdie

Private businesses that make such demands just don't get my service. I go elsewhere. I have yet to were a mask at all.

That is what I am trying to say. If you don't want to wear a mask...don't. Don't frequent the business that requires one.

But if you want to be a rear end...trying to make some kind of point...whatever,

I just hated that I couldn't stand up for the lady at the store. Being afraid to get shot for speaking up in defense of someone really ticks me off. 9999hair out0000

Offline LegalAmerican

So who is right?

Yes, I saw that before.  lol    If one is coughing and sneezing and sick, a mask would help reduce the sputum from being in the air.  HEALTHY PEOPLE .....should not wear any mask.  Only sick people sold wear  a mask. ....or best,  stay home. 

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Yes, I saw that before.  lol    If one is coughing and sneezing and sick, a mask would help reduce the sputum from being in the air.  HEALTHY PEOPLE .....should not wear any mask.  Only sick people sold wear  a mask. ....or best,  stay home.

Healthy people should not be quarantined, either.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline LegalAmerican

Well, some of the thoughts expressed on this thread are idiotic, or selfish, or both.   

Let's put aside my views about Donald Trump.   I could care less about that self-destructive fool;  I care about the GOP retaining the Senate,  because if we don't, it's ALL over.   We can play effective defense for a few years with the Senate,  but if Trump drags the GOP down,  the Dems will get rid of the filibuster and eviscerate minority rights.   The freedom-inspired American Revolution will be replaced the Jacobin left's appetite for destruction.

But our interests still align.  What will encourage a Trump victory will, broadly speaking, help encourage GOP victory in the Senate.   So let's work together, even as we may hold our noses at the sight of each other.   

The idiots who are politicizing the issue of masks are pulling down Trump and the GOP.    Here in Pennsy and New Jersey,   Dem governors have seized upon evidence that some folks in the south and west are refusing to wear masks to justify slowing down or stopping the reopening of their economies.   Folks remain out of work,  and some are facing tragic choices regarding their businesses, their livelihoods, and their mortgages and health insurance.   And those with no immediate prospects for the future have the time and inclination to protest, loot and riot.   

If the economy isn't robust and recovering come November WE LOSE.    The simple expedient of wearing a mask is the key to reopening the economy,  and the politicization of the issue has provided the Dems with the excuse to keep that from happening. 

You're an idiot if you knowingly play into the hands of your enemy.  Trump's proven his idiocy in this regard many times over;  don't follow him down that self-destructive road.   

I have news for you.  We are already done.  IT IS OVER.  Not because of POTUS TRUMP either.  Because of voters...like you.

Offline LegalAmerican

Healthy people should not be quarantined, either.

:thumbsup:

Offline LegalAmerican

That is what I am trying to say. If you don't want to wear a mask...don't. Don't frequent the business that requires one.

But if you want to be a rear end...trying to make some kind of point...whatever,

I just hated that I couldn't stand up for the lady at the store. Being afraid to get shot for speaking up in defense of someone really ticks me off. 9999hair out0000

So far, I cannot get a haircut.  I cannot go to doctors office.  I cannot go to Physical Therapy. And, I get yelled at in grocery store, till I told them, I need oxygen.  Medical reasons.  Lung and heart.  I live in a small town. Not many choices.
I have not worn any mask.  How long do they think we need a mask?  FOREVER?   They think, we won't have virus continue to invade us?  What about the past, virus already in our country?  I  don't WANT any vaccine, either.  I get sick with flu vaccine.  That was about 20 years ago!  Never forgot that.  103 fever...for a senior, who got the flu shot. I was very sick and my arm was swollen, red, and I could not use it. I had to use my other arm to move it. 

Wonder what would happen if I dangle a mask off my ear, like BIDEN did? People remove mask talk.  I said that breaks the reason for wearing one.  We are in an insane time now.  Some leave their nose exposed.  Virus can enter through ones eyes, or ears.  We would need to be hermetically sealed for any mask to do any good.   BOGUS, COMMUNIST AGENDA.

Online DB

That may not be true either. If you sneeze/cough in a cloth/paper mask the mask likely acts as an atomizer producing a fine mist of virus infection to float around in the air longer. Larger particles drop out of the air sooner making them less likely to be inhaled by someone else.

Online roamer_1

I ain't ever been like that @berdie ,There are folks that are compromised and have every right to be worried... Elderly, folks with immunity disorders... My sis is terrifically compromised by asthma... To the point that she must wear a mask in the spring and during fire season.

Likewise quarantine - If you are likely compromised, than quarantine, by all means..

I would have no problem defending that.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I'm not wearing a damned mask period!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
For those of you,who like me,hate wearing masks because you have COPD or some other respiratory problems,here is a VERY  good alternative. They have a comfortable,adjustable,and very heavy duty headband that adjusts to fit anyone with a knob you turn that has positive "click stops",and best of all,when the face shield is down,there is more than an inch clearance between it and your nose,and the bottom is open to allow fresh air in and stale air out.

You can actually  breathe normally while wearing the damn thing,unlike those cloth or paper masks.

And "Yes,the face shield DOES flip up and hold in place so you can eat,drink,smoke,pick boogers,swap spit,etc,etc,etc while still wearing it.

I paid extra for the non-fogging lens,but am not sure it was entirely necessary for casual use. It does come in handy if you are using it as a face shield to protect your eyes and face while weed-whacking,grinding steel,etc,etc,etc,but for purely "social use" you are normally inside with air-conditioning.

The only option I might suggest would be a skull cap like you see the yuppie bicycle riders wearing if you wear it while working outside,and especially if you are bald to keep the sun from frying your brain.

https://www.lincolnelectric.com/en-us/equipment/welding-gear/apparel/Pages/faceshields.aspx

You can probably buy it cheaper with free shipping from ebay or Amazon if you want to save a couple of bucks.

Yeah,you CAN buy one of the flimsy Chinese face shields you see people wearing,but they are crap that might not last a week,fog up,get scratched so you can't see through them,and the headbands are hard plastic that hurt your head and make you sweat.

Do yourself a favor and "Buy American".

BTW,if you are like me and don't mind wearing  a mask as a courtesy to others but don't because you can't breathe with one on,this IS the answer.

It is NOT going to keep you from getting a virus. NO mask will do that,but it WILL keep you from infecting someone else by accident if you have the virus and don't know it,and wearing one will keep the sheep from getting even more terrified. After all,you don't want to get caught in a sheep stampede,do you?
« Last Edit: July 03, 2020, 03:46:12 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online roamer_1

I'm not wearing a damned mask period!

Yep, me too.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Yep, me too.

@Bigun  @roamer_1

Did you guys see my post right above this one?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online roamer_1

@sneakypete

Yeah I seen it. I already have REAL masks, and real face shields...
I ain't wearing any of it.
Bullshit.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Maybe he shouldn't have said literally the opposite back in March.
maybe should specify has to do with your upside down flag
True story, I had to have my managers observe the person putting the flag up in the morning after having the police arrive to ask what the emergency was because an idiot raised the flag upside down and it happened several times. I asked the person if it was okay to fly the Mexican flag upside down and they said no it would be disrespectful, I got the problem solved when I told him the next time he disrespected the American flag he would be history.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2020, 08:21:36 pm by GtHawk »

Offline LegalAmerican

DB wrote:
"As a mark for those who "care". Because the "damn mask" doesn't do squat. Virtually no one is wearing an N95 mask, the ONLY one, that has any actual chance of blocking a virus in the air. And that one you can only wear once before you need to replace it.
How about a dose of reality?"

Fishrrman's credo:
Reality is what it is. It is not what we believe it to be.

Don't mean nuthin', just an impertinent question, but...
Why do surgeons and nurses wear paper masks in the O.R. ...?

Really... why...?

So if,  they have to cough or sneeze..the mask will help stop the sputum.  It does nothing for 'germs'.  VIRUS.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

So if,  they have to cough or sneeze..the mask will help stop the sputum.  It does nothing for 'germs'.  VIRUS.
It keeps the lugis and lungers out of the surgical wound, and the 'squirts' off their face. It just isn't as neat as TV some times.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline LegalAmerican

True story, I had to have my managers observe the person putting the flag up in the morning after having the police arrive to ask what the emergency was because an idiot raised the flag upside down and it happened several times. I asked the person if it was okay to fly the Mexican flag upside down and they said no it would be disrespectful, I got the problem solved when I told him the next time he disrespected the American flag he would be history.

I thought American flag upside down means.....DISTRESS in America.  We are in distress.  Not about disrespect.
Military men?  I was never in the military. 

Offline LegalAmerican

It keeps the lugis and lungers out of the surgical wound, and the 'squirts' off their face. It just isn't as neat as TV some times.

:thumbsup:

Offline LegalAmerican

For those of you,who like me,hate wearing masks because you have COPD or some other respiratory problems,here is a VERY  good alternative. They have a comfortable,adjustable,and very heavy duty headband that adjusts to fit anyone with a knob you turn that has positive "click stops",and best of all,when the face shield is down,there is more than an inch clearance between it and your nose,and the bottom is open to allow fresh air in and stale air out.

You can actually  breathe normally while wearing the damn thing,unlike those cloth or paper masks.

And "Yes,the face shield DOES flip up and hold in place so you can eat,drink,smoke,pick boogers,swap spit,etc,etc,etc while still wearing it.

I paid extra for the non-fogging lens,but am not sure it was entirely necessary for casual use. It does come in handy if you are using it as a face shield to protect your eyes and face while weed-whacking,grinding steel,etc,etc,etc,but for purely "social use" you are normally inside with air-conditioning.

The only option I might suggest would be a skull cap like you see the yuppie bicycle riders wearing if you wear it while working outside,and especially if you are bald to keep the sun from frying your brain.

https://www.lincolnelectric.com/en-us/equipment/welding-gear/apparel/Pages/faceshields.aspx

You can probably buy it cheaper with free shipping from ebay or Amazon if you want to save a couple of bucks.

Yeah,you CAN buy one of the flimsy Chinese face shields you see people wearing,but they are crap that might not last a week,fog up,get scratched so you can't see through them,and the headbands are hard plastic that hurt your head and make you sweat.

Do yourself a favor and "Buy American".

BTW,if you are like me and don't mind wearing  a mask as a courtesy to others but don't because you can't breathe with one on,this IS the answer.

It is NOT going to keep you from getting a virus. NO mask will do that,but it WILL keep you from infecting someone else by accident if you have the virus and don't know it,and wearing one will keep the sheep from getting even more terrified. After all,you don't want to get caught in a sheep stampede,do you?

Nice link, I went there.  I need to breathe.  Which one did you order?  Many choices.  I read you got the anti fog one.  I can't see so well anymore. Would you mind?  Then I saw being able to order, shield or head gear separate.  Just order the most expensive?  Thank you in advance. 

Offline LegalAmerican

That may not be true either. If you sneeze/cough in a cloth/paper mask the mask likely acts as an atomizer producing a fine mist of virus infection to float around in the air longer. Larger particles drop out of the air sooner making them less likely to be inhaled by someone else.

Agree.  I said it MAY REDUCE the sputum.  I didn't say 100% effective.  So far I have NOT worn any mask anywhere.

MYPOST BELOW.;

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
I thought American flag upside down means.....DISTRESS in America.  We are in distress.  Not about disrespect.
Military men?  I was never in the military.
When an idiot Hispanic intentionally hoists the flag upside down it is a sign of disrespect. I went back and reread my post and it still is clear to me, however you are quite confusing.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Yeah, I came into work one morning and the flag was flying upside down.  There's a phone direct to Security at the door where I used a card to open the door, and I picked it up.  I asked Security, "OK, what's the emergency?"  The guy said, "Wut?"  "The American Flag is flying upside down, and that's the distress signal.  Can I open the door?"  "Oh crap!  Yeah, we'll fix it!"

Sheit.  Fer Chisakakes, who doesn't know how to fly a freakin' flag?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online rustynail

Freedom tomorrow.