Author Topic: Trump denies he was briefed on reported bounties on US troops  (Read 7165 times)

Offline libertybele

Re: Trump denies he was briefed on reported bounties on US troops
« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2020, 08:56:54 pm »
Never thought I'd see the day when Anti-Trumpers would complain that Trump is not defending himself enough.  I'm tellin' ya, the world's turned upside down!

888high58888
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2020, 09:03:23 pm »
Does that mean he might lose your vote?   yogi555

That boats left port a long time ago.  Makes no difference.  I don't like the New York Times, and I don't like Trump.  I just think American's have a right to know.  And certainly it would be another dark stain on American History if it was true.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2020, 09:17:38 pm »
Are you sure you are in the right thread.  This isn't about the virus, China or Fauci.  But Trump stood quietly by while Fauci spewed his rhetoric that got the entire nation shut down.

*****rollingeyes*****   

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2020, 09:49:52 pm »
So this imagined Trump-Shattering Kaboom is fauxny. I'll admit thinking it plausible that the Russians would do this. This is not the first fauxy leaked-intelligence failed Trump-Shattering Kaboom this year. There was the claim that Trump had been briefed about the coronavirus back in November, 2019 but did nothing. That also was fauxny:

https://www.foxnews.com/media/dni-cnn-coronavirus-report-inaccurate-information

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/08/politics/intel-agencies-covid-november/index.html

And as can be seen from my China coronavirus timeline linked below, it is also anachronistic. China didn't know in November, 2019 that there was an outbreak in Wuhan. It wasn't until around mid December that there were enough cases of people with similar symptoms for doctors in Wuhan to recognize there was a pattern.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2020, 11:21:26 pm »
If I'm understanding the update toward the bottom of this blogpost, https://hotair.com/archives/allahpundit/2020/06/28/trump-never-briefed-russia-placing-bounties-troops-afghan-jihadis/ , it looks like the intel might be real (not necessarily correct or incorrect), but some intelligence person at the WH either did not include it in the PDB or withheld it. Whether a major F-up or an intentional deception, at least one head should be rolling out the WH door toward Lafayette Park!
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2020, 12:06:58 am »
If I'm understanding the update toward the bottom of this blogpost, https://hotair.com/archives/allahpundit/2020/06/28/trump-never-briefed-russia-placing-bounties-troops-afghan-jihadis/ , it looks like the intel might be real (not necessarily correct or incorrect), but some intelligence person at the WH either did not include it in the PDB or withheld it. Whether a major F-up or an intentional deception, at least one head should be rolling out the WH door toward Lafayette Park!

Who would get that intel?  Senate intelligence committee?  His chief advisor?  Chief of staff?

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2020, 12:14:30 am »
So what is next?  We just let a media outlet publish something the President says is false and forget about it?  Especially a sensitive foreign policy matter like this?
You are right. The GOP Senators should call up the NYT and demand their source. Not only is the accusation that the administration is doing nothing over the issue, or that the issue exists important, such things would likely be at some classified level, and the source of the leak should be identified as well.

But, as in all things, The POTUS has a right to face his accuser. Produce the source. Put up or shut up.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2020, 12:16:02 am »
If someone is leaking intel to the NYT before briefing the POTUS, they should be wearing an orange jumpsuit, at least until they figure out the chain of command.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2020, 05:24:01 am »
Trump now say's:

Trump: Intelligence agencies found bounty claims not credible, didn't brief him

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/jun/28/trump-says-intel-found-russia-bounty-claims-not-cr/

UK said it was.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Stevensr123

« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2020, 06:05:37 am »
Trump now say's:

Trump: Intelligence agencies found bounty claims not credible, didn't brief him

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/jun/28/trump-says-intel-found-russia-bounty-claims-not-cr/

UK said it was.
wow this could be/should be Worse than Benghazi if true.

« Last Edit: June 29, 2020, 06:07:13 am by Stevensr123 »

Offline LMAO

« Reply #35 on: June 29, 2020, 06:14:22 am »
wow this could be/should be Worse than Benghazi if true.

If it’s true and we do find out the president was aware of it, I just can’t think of any way even his most ardent supporters can defend it
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #36 on: June 29, 2020, 06:23:23 am »
Catherine Herridge
@CBS_Herridge

DEVELOPING: A senior intel official tells @CBSNews the GRU/Taliban bounty allegations were not contained in the President's Daily Brief (PDB) which is the highly classified, daily summary of national security issues delivered to the President, key cabinet secretaries + advisers..

The official confirmed the NSC has been doing “due diligence,” and going back through their files since the story broke Friday, and they have not found the “intelligence assessment” described in media reporting. The official said the review is ongoing, but given current... 

talks with the Taliban, intel about a GRU operation involving the Taliban, targeting US forces would have risen to the level of inclusion in the PDB. @CBSNews

3:56 PM · Jun 28, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

https://twitter.com/CBS_Herridge/status/1277329946541805569

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

Intel just reported to me that they did not find this info credible, and therefore did not report it to me or @VP. Possibly another fabricated Russia Hoax, maybe by the Fake News @nytimesbooks, wanting to make Republicans look bad!!!

Lindsey Graham
@LindseyGrahamSC
US Senate candidate, SC

Imperative Congress get to the bottom of recent media reports that Russian GRU units in Afghanistan have offered to pay the Taliban to kill American soldiers with the goal of pushing America out of the region.

10:40 PM · Jun 28, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1277431695248183298

Get on it Lindsey .... first up are Charlie Savage, Eric Schmitt and Michael Schwirtz to name their sources.  If they don't, throw their asses in jail until they do.  This is national security and soldiers' lives they're effing with. 

And drag Esper's sorry ass in, too.

« Last Edit: June 29, 2020, 06:43:02 am by Right_in_Virginia »

« Reply #37 on: June 29, 2020, 06:38:16 am »
Who would get that intel?  Senate intelligence committee?  His chief advisor?  Chief of staff?

My guess would be either/both the Secretary of Defense and the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff --- both sitting members of the NSC. 

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #38 on: June 29, 2020, 09:14:16 am »
If it’s true and we do find out the president was aware of it, I just can’t think of any way even his most ardent supporters can defend it

Yeah. He should have nuked Moscow.

What would you have proposed he do?

C S Lewis

« Reply #39 on: June 29, 2020, 09:35:50 am »
Pinned Tweet

Scott Adams
@ScottAdamsSays

Is it my imagination or is Great Britain running a Russia/bullshit intelligence operation against Trump for the second time?

3:15 PM · Jun 28, 2020·Twitter Web App

https://twitter.com/ScottAdamsSays/status/1277319755519623168

Offline Stevensr123

« Reply #40 on: June 29, 2020, 11:40:34 am »

the intelligence report came out months ago, this wasn’t leaked by the UK. stupid tweet.

Deflecting as usual from incompetence from this administration. Uk took the intelligence serious, seems like the US took it less due to diplomatic relations.

Trumps comments about “not many soldier have died” says it all. HUGE deflection from the administration.

And such a weird tweet considering Boris loves trump.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2020, 11:43:18 am by Stevensr123 »

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #41 on: June 29, 2020, 12:29:49 pm »

Yeah, the origins of the Steele Dossier were not lost on me, either.

C S Lewis

Offline LMAO

« Reply #42 on: June 29, 2020, 01:39:40 pm »
Yeah. He should have nuked Moscow.

What would you have proposed he do?

@Smokin Joe

I guess I’m not really proposing anything except maybe it’s time to get out of Afghanistan. And I do get and understand your point.

There is election year optics.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #43 on: June 29, 2020, 01:49:12 pm »
@Smokin Joe

I guess I’m not really proposing anything except maybe it’s time to get out of Afghanistan. And I do get and understand your point.

There is election year optics.
That's all this is. Again, trying to spall off supporters.

If this is going on now, the GRU has been doing it all along. It might, assuming payments exist, not even be a bounty so much as funding based on demonstration of military effectiveness. Doubtless, every group has its grifters.

Afghanistan will continue to be a land of tremendous resources, held back by internal conflict, with or without us.
According to what we have been told, we got Bin Laden (a Saudi) in Pakistan, so the main objective has been achieved. Playing globocop or nation building isn't in the Constitution. If there is a threat there, eliminate it and bring our guys home.

C S Lewis

Offline FeelNoPain

• Could have ended QAnon with a tweet.
« Reply #44 on: June 29, 2020, 01:50:28 pm »

Sir, you underestimate the dexterity of the NeverWrongers.
"I’d like to begin by addressing the heinous attack on the United States Capitol. Like all Americans I am outraged by the violence, lawlessness and mayhem...

To demonstrators who infiltrated the Capitol: you have defiled the seat of American democracy. To those who engage in the acts of violence and destruction: you do not represent our country. And to those who broke the law: you will pay." - President Donald J. Trump, January 7th, 2021

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #45 on: June 29, 2020, 01:54:52 pm »
Anonymous sources. Anything concrete? I don't trust the media.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #46 on: June 29, 2020, 01:55:41 pm »

If hard to imagine how any fair minded person would unwittingly fall for yet another one of these political scams.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2020, 01:57:04 pm by skeeter »

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #47 on: June 29, 2020, 01:56:28 pm »
This will be the third or fourth time I have asked this question on this thread, but here goes, once again.

We are already in a war there.

We are not at war with Russia (Well, not directly, exactly)

What would you have the POTUS do, even assuming the information about GRU offering bounties on US Soldiers is correct?

What action is called for?

A strongly worded letter?

Unfriending on bookface?

Drone strikes on the Kremlin?

A full on strategic nuclear response?

Round up our Democrats and protesters and send them over there?

I mean, exactly what level of punishment would you recommend?

C S Lewis

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #48 on: June 29, 2020, 01:57:48 pm »

It appears we're back in 6 dimensional chess mode. WTH was he doing retweeting that video from the old white dude?

Is there anyone in the country that will tell Trump when he's screwing the pooch? He's so enamored with himself, and it gets worse on a nearly every day basis.

This election is the binariest of binary elections...yeah, I know "binariest" isn't a real word.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #49 on: June 29, 2020, 01:58:34 pm »
Why are we going on the words of the NY Times again?