Author Topic: Reparations bill gains steam following death of George Floyd  (Read 380 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Reparations bill gains steam following death of George Floyd
By Mike Lillis - 06/30/20 06:09 PM EDT

Legislation exploring whether Black Americans should receive restitution for slavery may soon get a huge boost, as a growing number of Democrats are hoping to move reparations this summer as another response to the death of George Floyd.

Members of the Congressional Black Caucus (CBC) will huddle Wednesday to discuss their next legislative steps as Democrats seek to confront racial inequality following the killing of Floyd in police custody last month.

Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee (D-Texas), the lead sponsor of the reparations bill, H.R. 40, said her proposal is attracting greater interest within the caucus since Floyd's death, which sparked mass protests for racial justice around the country and the globe. She's hoping to tap that energy to bring her bill to the floor for a historic vote before year's end.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/505334-reparations-bill-gains-steam-following-death-of-george-floyd
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Reparations bill gains steam following death of George Floyd
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2020, 12:58:23 am »
This will get passed if we lose the Senate in Nov...hell it will probably pass even with a Repub Senate
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Re: Reparations bill gains steam following death of George Floyd
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2020, 01:19:34 am »
This will get passed if we lose the Senate in Nov...hell it will probably pass even with a Repub Senate

I did the math already. And I was being generous.

Average daily farm labor wage in 1865 was 88 cents. I rounded up to a dollar times 365. There were 3 million slaves in 1865.

3,000,000 x $365 =$1095000000

47.4 million blacks last count.

$1095000000/47400000 = $23.10 PER YEAR.

Like I said on another thread. Cut off ALL their other benefits and pay them their reparations.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley