Author Topic: Minneapolis Council Moves To Defund Police, Establish 'Holistic' Public Safety Force  (Read 703 times)

rangerrebew

Minneapolis Council Moves To Defund Police, Establish 'Holistic' Public Safety Force

June 26, 20208:14 PM ET
Vanessa Romo

The killing of George Floyd by police has sparked ongoing protests calling for the city to defund the Minneapolis Police Department. On Friday, the City Council took the first of many steps to make that a reality.

The Minneapolis City Council on Friday unanimously approved a proposal to eliminate the city's police department, marking the first step toward establishing a new "holistic" approach to public safety.

The move follows more than a month of national outrage and protests against police brutality in the wake of the killing of George Floyd, a Black man who died after an officer pressed his knee into his neck for more than eight minutes.

https://www.npr.org/sections/live-updates-protests-for-racial-justice/2020/06/26/884149659/minneapolis-council-moves-to-defund-police-establish-holistic-public-safety-forc

rangerrebew

Online andy58-in-nh

Minneapolis Council Moves To Defund Police, Establish 'Holistic' Public Safety Force

June 26, 20208:14 PM ET
Vanessa Romo

The killing of George Floyd by police has sparked ongoing protests calling for the city to defund the Minneapolis Police Department. On Friday, the City Council took the first of many steps to make that a reality.

The Minneapolis City Council on Friday unanimously approved a proposal to eliminate the city's police department, marking the first step toward establishing a new "holistic" approach to public safety.

The move follows more than a month of national outrage and protests against police brutality in the wake of the killing of George Floyd, a Black man who died after an officer pressed his knee into his neck for more than eight minutes.

https://www.npr.org/sections/live-updates-protests-for-racial-justice/2020/06/26/884149659/minneapolis-council-moves-to-defund-police-establish-holistic-public-safety-forc

I don't know... I kinda like the Minneapolis Safety Force's New Look...

"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Night Hides Not

I don't know... I kinda like the Minneapolis Safety Force's New Look...

Sorry, not nearly diverse as it should be.  lol
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline verga

You can tell they don't really believe this crap, because if they did it would be illegal for public officials to have any kind of private security.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline LMAO

These cities are in a race to become the next Detroit
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline mortarman

An' thus they voted to de-White themselves. Funny how the politicians who proposed this also voted to spend $63K on private security guards for themselves.

:pop41:
The only controls I want on my guns are the ones that I operate myself such as trigger, bolt or slide, safety selector, magazine release an' optics. All others are unnecessary an' unwanted.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Well, they now have Deetroit-level infrastructure in place!  It can take years to get that "Beirut feel" to a place.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Holistic? Does that mean everyone has to increase their dietary fiber intake?

I'm confused... :shrug:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

ALL major cities will decline.

Because they are all run by Democrats and suffer similar problems, some worse than others.

The next election will not be black and libs vs white, or East/West coast vs middle America.

It will be urban vs the rest of America.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Smokin Joe

Because they are all run by Democrats and suffer similar problems, some worse than others.

The next election will not be black and libs vs white, or East/West coast vs middle America.

Right. They are majority Democrat/Liberal/Leftist/Communist.
You can't have that level of stupidity elect that level of corruption and have anything good come of it.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

Right. The battle lines for CWII are already drawn outside the City Limits.

C S Lewis

Offline dfwgator

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
I wonder if the council has asked Dirk Gently for help with the whole 'Holistic' thing?