Author Topic: BLM Co-Founder Appears To Violate IRS Laws On CNN  (Read 739 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
BLM Co-Founder Appears To Violate IRS Laws On CNN
« on: June 27, 2020, 02:35:29 pm »
 BLM Co-Founder Appears To Violate IRS Laws On CNN
June 26, 2020 By Elle Reynolds

A co-founder of the Black Lives Matter Global Network weighed in on the 2020 election, in an apparent violation of Internal Revenue Service laws prohibiting 501(c)(3) organizations from engaging in campaign activity.

Patrisse Cullors, in her official capacity as a co-founder of the BLM Global Network, told CNN on June 19 that “our goal is to get Trump out.”

“Trump not only needs to not be in office in November but he should resign now,” she insisted. “Trump needs to be out of office. He is not fit for office.”

According to the IRS, a 501(c)(3) organization “may not participate in any campaign activity for or against political candidates.”

The prohibition includes “public statements of position (verbal or written) made on behalf of the organization in favor of or in opposition to any candidate for public office.” Organizations that violate this policy may lose their tax-exempt status.

The donation page for BLM is linked with ActBlue Charities, the 501(c)(3) wing of the Democratic political action committee ActBlue.

more
https://thefederalist.com/2020/06/26/blm-co-founder-appears-to-violate-irs-laws-on-cnn/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline PeteS in CA

Re: BLM Co-Founder Appears To Violate IRS Laws On CNN
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2020, 03:04:34 pm »
To be impolitically blunt, how often has the IRS gone after a majority-black church or some blacktivist org when they violated the terms of being a non-profit? Ever, not just in Trump's Administration?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2020, 03:25:14 pm »
To be impolitically blunt, how often has the IRS gone after a majority-black church or some blacktivist org when they violated the terms of being a non-profit? Ever, not just in Trump's Administration?

Spot on....
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2020, 06:55:51 pm »

@PeteS in CA

Some pigs are more equal than other pigs in the Brave New World.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2020, 08:06:53 pm »
sneakypete wrote:
"Some pigs are more equal than other pigs in the Brave New World."

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2020, 08:18:47 pm »

The IRS has a formal complaint system pursuant to which members of the public can complain about tax-exempt organizations, like BLM, that are violating the basis for their tax-exempt status.  The IRS webpage on the complaint process is here: https://www.irs.gov/charities-non-profits/irs-complaint-process-tax-exempt-organizations

There is even a specific IRS form for making the complaint:  Form 13909:  https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f13909.pdf

If anyone is interested in complaining..
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2020, 08:23:49 pm »
Patrisse is an avowed "trained Marxist".
Trump, because Trump is a rallying point for those standing in the way of the Marxists taking over.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2020, 08:54:22 pm »

Wonder how much Al Sharpton owes in back taxes. I hear it's in the millions and HE is still shaking down everyone in sight.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2020, 12:05:41 am »
Wonder how much Al Sharpton owes in back taxes. I hear it's in the millions and HE is still shaking down everyone in sight.

@Bigun

I THINK I remember reading several years ago that Sharpie has never paid taxes in his life because he has never had an actual job. Yet he lives in a mansion,flies all over the world first-class,and stays in  upscale hotels.

All that,and he never gets audited by the IRS or dragged into court for unpaid taxes.

The secret? He is a black preacher,and the IRS is afraid of him.

Hell,the courts are afraid of him. Remember him being found guilty of slander and ordered to pay damages after the Twana Brawley bogus rape case in NYC? The just ordered him to pay legal costs and damages to the people he slanders and demanded be arrested for rape,and AFAIK,he has never paid a nickel.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2020, 12:13:59 am »
Like I've said, Antifa and BLM are just this decade's version of Weather Underground.
Capital Research @capitalresearch
The Black Lives Matter Global Foundation (@Blklivesmatter) operates under the umbrella of Thousand Currents (@1000currents), a nonprofit with ties to the Weather Underground bombers.
8:30 PM · Jun 24, 2020
Here is the report cited in the above tweet:
The Various Faces of Black Lives Matter
by Robert Stilson
June 24, 2020

...   When Black Lives Matter is used to refer to an organization, it typically means the Black Lives Matter Global Network Foundation (BLM Global Network Foundation). This is the central group that traces its beginnings to “three radical Black organizers — Alicia Garza, Patrisse Cullors, and Opal Tometi,” and operates the BlackLivesMatter.com website.

The group has been a fiscally sponsored project of Thousand Currents, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, since 2016. What this means in practice is that the organization does not have its own IRS tax-exempt status but is operating as a “project” of an organization that does. In the case of 501(c)(3) fiscally sponsored projects, this allows for tax-deductible donations.

Thousand Currents says on its website that the official name of this Black Lives Matter entity is “Black Lives Matter Global Network Foundation, Inc.,” which is also the name the group has used on recent press releases.

Here’s where things get tricky: BLM Global Network Foundation also uses the name “Black Lives Matter Foundation, Inc.” on its About page and “Black Lives Matter Global Foundation, Inc.” in its website Privacy Policy.

Further complicating matters is a group called “Black Lives Matter Foundation,” based in Santa Clarita, Calif., that insists it’s unaffiliated with the larger BLM Global Network Foundation (although Thousand Currents, the fiscal sponsor of BLM Global Network Foundation, reported a combined $90,130 in grants to the Santa Clarita-based Black Lives Matter Foundation on its fiscal year 2018 and 2017 tax filings).  ...
Read the whole thing at Capital Research

As for "Thousand Currents":
Thousand Currents is a left-of-center grantmaking organization that provides financial assistance to left-leaning projects and organizations and activists in developing nations (i.e.: the so-called “global south”). [1] It is funded by many left-leaning institutional donors, which include the W.K. Kellogg Foundation, John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation, the David and Lucile Packard Foundation, the Wallace Global Fund, the NoVo Foundation, and the Libra Foundation. [2] [3] [4] Thousand Currents reported $6.8 million annual revenue for the reporting period ending June 30, 2018. ...

Other examples of left-leaning advocacy organizations receiving grants from Thousand Currents include: The Working World,[46] the Global Greengrants Fund,[47] [48] the Tides Foundation,[49] [50] Urgent Action Fund for Women’s Human Rights,[51] and the New Venture Fund. [52]

As of June 2020, the vice chair of Thousand Currents board of directors was Susan Rosenberg, a former member of the Weather Underground and May 19th Communist Organization who spent 16 years in federal prison before having the remainder of her sentence commuted by President Bill Clinton in 2001.[53] ...
Influence Watch
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline verga

« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2020, 01:20:38 pm »
Last I saw it was around 4.5 million
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2020, 01:44:01 pm »
Last I saw it was around 4.5 million

How long do you think you or I would remain walking around free as a bird if we owed that much in back taxes?

@verga

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline verga

« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2020, 01:45:03 pm »
How long do you think you or I would remain walking around free as a bird if we owed that much in back taxes?

@verga
Well I tried to identify as an ignorant race baiter and it didn't work.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2020, 01:48:57 pm »
Like I've said, Antifa and BLM are just this decade's version of Weather Underground.Here is the report cited in the above tweet:Read the whole thing at Capital Research

As for "Thousand Currents": Influence Watch

Thank @mountaineer! When I see the words Weather Underground my mind sees Bill Ayers and Bernadette Dorn.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2020, 01:50:41 pm »

LOL! I've heard Al and friends referred to as "Poverty Pimps" and think that fits them just fine.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2020, 02:36:24 pm »

888high58888