Author Topic: California Rep Calls To ‘Defund The Pentagon’  (Read 447 times)

rangerrebew

California Rep Calls To ‘Defund The Pentagon’
« on: June 27, 2020, 10:54:49 am »
California Rep Calls To ‘Defund The Pentagon’

Andrew Trunsky
Contributor
June 26, 2020 11:07 AM ET

California Democratic Rep. Barbara Lee called for the Pentagon budget to be defunded in a tweet Thursday evening.

The tweet, which had been shared nearly 80,000 times by Friday morning, was echoed by Jamaal Bowman, who had a nearly-insurmountable lead over Democratic New York Rep. Eliot Engel in the state’s 16th district primary.

Lee’s district includes Oakland and is one of the bluest in the country, according to the nonpartisan Cook Political Report. She has been one of the most outspoken members in the House on the need to address systemic racism, and has championed policies including “Medicare for All” and legislation removing all Confederate monuments. (RELATED: House Democrats Block Legislation Opposing Defunding The Police)

https://dailycaller.com/2020/06/26/defend-pentagon-barbara-lee-california/

Offline EdinVA

Re: California Rep Calls To ‘Defund The Pentagon’
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2020, 11:35:25 am »
Defund Congress..

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2020, 08:21:48 pm »
Ron "Red" Dellums' hand-picked successor.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2020, 08:32:11 pm »
Then when Biden wins....."Those are OUR planes now!"

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2020, 08:54:47 pm »
Given Trumps shaky relationship with the Pentagon and his military staff its a real question of if or how he will defend our Pentagon against attack.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2020, 08:58:13 pm »
Unconstitutional.

One of the duties of the Federal Government is "to provide for the common defense".
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2020, 09:03:10 pm »
Unconstitutional.

One of the duties of the Federal Government is "to provide for the common defense".

Unfortunately Mark Esper doesn't want to provide for the common defense.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2020, 03:58:12 pm »
I say defund Congress.  Let them have TERM LIMITS, and do it on a volunteer basis.  Now that is serving the American people.