Author Topic: Hundreds of Teenagers Potentially Exposed to Coronavirus at Texas Party  (Read 977 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Newsweek by Seren Morris On 6/26/20

Around 300 teenagers may have been exposed to COVID-19 at a party in Texas. The party, dubbed"Pongfest," was held on June 20 in Lakeway, outside of Austin, and attendees have tested positive for COVID-19.

Austin Public Health (APH) is investigating the incident and is encouraging anyone who may have been exposed to self-isolate. In a statement, APH said: "Since we are in a period of significant community spread, our entire community should act as if they have been exposed and take the proper precautions to further prevent spread."

APH told KVUE: "The virus often hides in the healthy and is given to those who are at grave risk of being hospitalized or dying.

More: https://www.newsweek.com/lakeway-austin-texas-party-teenagers-coronavirus-covid-19-1513684

Offline PeteS in CA

Not much info about the party, so https://www.kvue.com/article/news/health/coronavirus/pongfest-lakeway-teens-coronavirus/269-fc0594aa-03a0-4470-a3ea-9a81e8f0179f

What is Pongfest? Summer tradition could cause COVID-19 surge in Lakeway

LAKEWAY, Texas — "Pongfest" is a summer tradition that is looked forward to by many Lakeway high school juniors and seniors every year, but this year there could be dire consequences.

Lakeway Mayor Sandy Cox has a word of caution for any student that attended this year's Pongfest party on June 20.

"Unfortunately, our caseload is probably going to increase and it's because there was a very large party this past Saturday and it was a number of high school students, and some in attendance tested positive for COVID-19," said Mayor Cox.

Even that article was ambiguous whether the attendees who tested positive had been infected prior to attending, or had been infected at the party.

That said, what in Hades were these kids and their parents thinking?!
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online roamer_1

That said, what in Hades were these kids and their parentsthinking?!

"Bye Mom..."
"Wait a minute, mister. Where are you going?"
"There's this big-ass party down on the river tonight... I am gonna get so damn drunk I can't see straight, and see if I can get laid..."
"Well alright. Be sure to bring a jacket, and you better be home before Monday, or your father will have something to say about it."

This conversation literally has never happened, ever.

Offline mountaineer

Around 300 teenagers may have been exposed to COVID-19 at a party    ... and they may not have been exposed to the virus there. It's enough just to raise the possibility, though, and it instantaneously becomes true.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online roamer_1

Around 300 teenagers may have been exposed to COVID-19 at a party    ... and they may not have been exposed to the virus there. It's enough just to raise the possibility, though, and it instantaneously becomes true.

Yeah... But be sure to not say a single damn thing about thousands of shrieking 'protesters'  *****rollingeyes*****

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Stay home, drink plenty of liquids, take two Advil every four hours and get plenty of rest.  Oh, and stay away from Grandma and Grandpa.

Thanks for doing your part to build community immunity.   :patriot:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Missed opportunity to blame any ill effects on the hangover.... :whistle:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline mountaineer

On tonight's news, one local station reported on the "explosion" of new Covid-19 cases. Another reported on "an uptick" in violent crime in America's cities.

No agenda there.  *****rollingeyes*****
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Victoria33

Yeah... But be sure to not say a single damn thing about thousands of shrieking 'protesters'  *****rollingeyes*****
@roamer_1

The article is about a teenager party - not the rioters - don't know why some of you insist in combining the rioters with the disease.  The rioters don't care but that should not stop trying to stop the disease in other populations.  Until people realize this disease will keep killing, unless they take precautions, only then will it maybe, and that is a big maybe, stop.  This also is not a political issue - this is about staying alive.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@roamer_1

The article is about a teenager party - not the rioters - don't know why some of you insist in combining the rioters with the disease.  The rioters don't care but that should not stop trying to stop the disease in other populations.  Until people realize this disease will keep killing, unless they take precautions, only then will it maybe, and that is a big maybe, stop.  This also is not a political issue - this is about staying alive.

It's a given Precious Bodily Fluids will be exchanged.  😛
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online roamer_1

@roamer_1

Nonsense @Victoria33
The media gave blessing to the riots wrt the Wuhan virus... even having the gall to say that rioters were safer than beaches or churches. But now, double secret probation and head shaking and tsk-tsking at a bunch of teens doing what teens do -The very same as the riots except not burning and breaking other people's crap. The hypocrisy is so very apparent that you'd have to be blind not to see it.

Offline Smokin Joe

Nonsense @Victoria33
The media gave blessing to the riots wrt the Wuhan virus... even having the gall to say that rioters were safer than beaches or churches. But now, double secret probation and head shaking and tsk-tsking at a bunch of teens doing what teens do -The very same as the riots except not burning and breaking other people's crap. The hypocrisy is so very apparent that you'd have to be blind not to see it.
Not to mention fostering the concept that if it was safe to go and riot, surely it must be safe to just party a little.

Yes, the Media did that by ignoring any threat to rioters/protesters who were obviously NOT engaging in 'social distancing'.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online roamer_1

Not to mention fostering the concept that if it was safe to go and riot, surely it must be safe to just party a little.

Yes, the Media did that by ignoring any threat to rioters/protesters who were obviously NOT engaging in 'social distancing'.

Well yes that's exactly it.

Offline PeteS in CA

@roamer_1

Very simple, @Victoria33. The Dems and their MSM-shills are blaming the current increase of TX coronavirus infections on TX decision to start opening up. The picture is not that simplistic. There has been foolishness, like this case. OTOH, there is evidence that a significant part of the increase in Houston and Austin (the city in which this case happened is an Austin suburb, IIRC) is due, not to TX opening up, but to the "protests". Dem/MSM politicization is the reason infections due to the "protests" is being mentioned here.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline Victoria33

@Smokin Joe
@PeteS in CA
@roamer_1

This article is about teens getting together in a large number and some getting the virus.
That is what it is.  You guys, three of my favorites, are extrapolating that into what you want it to be, instead of what it is.

This party happened in Texas, I live in Texas, and our numbers are getting larger every day, doubling some days.  Joe, I don't remember if you live in Texas.

This is about that party of 300 teenagers:

"The party was at an unspecified location in Travis County on June 20, according to a news release. Austin Public Health is investigating.  Teens awaiting test results went to the party and later received positive results, officials say. 'The city is trying to get a handle on who attended, and the numbers are so big, contact tracing everyone is not possible,' Cox said, according to Community Impact Newspaper 'Hopefully we can contain this. The worst thing that can happen is that we don’t contain this.'"

Gov. Abbott is now, as of yesterday, asking people who live in/around Houston to stay home and he has closed some businesses again - all bars have to shut down and go back to curb side pickup.  People who are in my age bracket, are told to stay home, period, and it has been that way for older people since this virus first started.  Even our church, says for older people (over 60) to stay home; don't go to church; watch the service on their Facebook page.  Blaming rioters for all these numbers is short sighted thinking.  Normally, you guys and I think pretty much alike - too bad you are wrong now -  :beer:   :seeya:  :chairbang:  :thud:   wink777

Offline PeteS in CA

@Smokin Joe
@PeteS in CA
@roamer_1

This article is about teens getting together in a large number and some getting the virus.
That is what it is.  You guys, three of my favorites, are extrapolating that into what you want it to be, instead of what it is.

@Victoria33, this party should have been a local story, meriting little, if any, coverage outside of Travis County. Newsweek (aka NewSpeak) is a national magazine. They have politicized this story, so I - and @Smokin Joe and @roamer_1, I assume - pointed out the larger context that politicizing media like Newsweek are pretending don't exist. NewSpeak's - and other MSM's//Dems' - point in covering this is to politicize this family's misfortune, and we are calling out NewSpeak's, et al's, dishonest selective coverage of facts.

For example, DDGing "pongfest texas", I found articles about it from the Daily Mail (a UK paper), CBS Boston, US News & World Report, KSNT (a KS station), WFLA (Tampa, FL), and Fox 5 San Diego (in addition to coverage all over TX). Disproportionate coverage that points to agenda, an agenda that ignores context.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2020, 03:31:26 pm by PeteS in CA »

Offline Idiot

@Smokin Joe
@PeteS in CA
@roamer_1

This party happened in Texas, I live in Texas, and our numbers are getting larger every day, doubling some days.  Joe, I don't remember if you live in Texas.

"The party was at an unspecified location in Travis County on June 20, according to a news release. Austin Public Health is investigating.  Teens awaiting test results went to the party and later received positive results, officials say. 'The city is trying to get a handle on who attended, and the numbers are so big, contact tracing everyone is not possible,' Cox said, according to Community Impact Newspaper 'Hopefully we can contain this. The worst thing that can happen is that we don’t contain this.'"

Gov. Abbott is now, as of yesterday, asking people who live in/around Houston to stay home and he has closed some businesses again - all bars have to shut down and go back to curb side pickup.  People who are in my age bracket, are told to stay home, period, and it has been that way for older people since this virus first started.  Even our church, says for older people (over 60) to stay home; don't go to church; watch the service on their Facebook page.  Blaming rioters for all these numbers is short sighted thinking.  Normally, you guys and I think pretty much alike - too bad you are wrong now -  :beer:   :seeya:  :chairbang:  :thud:   wink777
The party was at Lakeway on Lake Travis.  Beautiful place...been there many times. 

Online roamer_1

No @Victoria33 , it is not. It is no coincidence that your spike in Houston is occurring 2 weeks after 10s of thousands of protesters were in the streets. In the face of those 10s of thousands, a mere three hundred is not even a pittance.

'Hopefully we can contain this. The worst thing that can happen is that we don’t contain this.'"

You will not contain it. It has never been contained. It will run it's course. And with something approaching a 99% survival rate, extraordinary measures are pretty absurd.

Sure, protect folks that are susceptible. But shutting down businesses is just going to cause folks to go broke in epic numbers... And prolong the passing of the virus.

The best course is to let it run, and quick as possible, obtain herd immunity. Then grandma can come out of quarantine that much sooner. Beef up hospitals and let er rip.

And I ain't wrong at all.

Online roamer_1

@Victoria33, this party should have been a local story, meriting little, if any, coverage outside of Travis County. Newsweek (aka NewSpeak) is a national magazine. They have politicized this story, so I - and @Smokin Joe and @roamer_1, I assume - pointed out the larger context that politicizing media like Newsweek are pretending don't exist. NewSpeak's - and other MSM's//Dems' - point in covering this is to politicize this family's misfortune, and we are calling out NewSpeak's, et al's, dishonest selective coverage of facts.

That's exactly right.

Offline Victoria33

@PeteS in CA
Thanks for your response.  :beer: 

You said:
"For example, DDGing "pongfest texas", I found articles about it from the Daily Mail (a UK paper), CBS Boston, US News & World Report, KSNT (a KS station), WFLA (Tampa, FL), and Fox 5 San Diego (in addition to coverage all over TX). Disproportionate coverage that points to agenda, an agenda that ignores context."

Yes, it has been widely covered; My thought was and is, the huge number of teens, 300, plus Texas numbers going so high so fast, is why it became a large news item.  If it had been a low number like 20 or 30 or 40, etc., it would not have been news except locally; it was the "300" exposed that did and is, giving it long life.

Offline Smokin Joe

@Smokin Joe
@PeteS in CA
@roamer_1

I'm not in Texas, but along the Northern US border in North Dakota (well, n hour's drive away from the line).

What we saw here was the traveling BLM/ANTIFA roadshow, making the circuit from Fargo, through Minot, to the Western part of the State. That took them about a week to do, breaking a few things in Fargo, but getting a warmer reception (in tactical terms) in the West. Their peaceful protests stayed that way, with peaceful and conspicuously armed gatherings of bikers and police keeping an eye on things.  While total cases in our state (for the entire outbreak) are eclipsed by the daily new cases on some days in some States, this seemed to be the perfect vehicle for the spread of the virus in order to initiate a second wave of the virus.  Considering BLM and ANTIFA are Soros funded organizations which would and have done things which are not only hostile to this Administration but to the Nation itself, it is a reasonable suspicion, especially considering the absence of social distancing in the larger urban areas which have experienced the more violent and destructive 'protests'. Standing shoulder to shoulder and yelling would shower the surrounding people with droplets as effectively as sneezing or coughing, the only question is one of whether there is viral load. Tracking those contacts would be similarly problematical.
Tracking contacts:
Yep, it can be done, if not completely, then at least to some degree. Check out the facebook pages, other social media,  and cell phone histories of those who are known to have attended and those who are infected. Contacts, texting histories, and messages on facebook, etc. would give a great start to tracking who knew who, who attended or might have, along with contact information to get in touch with those persons.

Now, tell me how many Texas teens are ordinarily drinking in the bars (which have been closed down), and maybe I will believe I am wrong.

The idea here, despite this gathering being an annual fest on the order of a county fair, is to foster the idea in the media that other case count increases, even in areas which saw extensive protesting activity, are from more ordinary social activities. This, of course takes any heat for that off the politicians who permitted or fostered protest activity because that activity will not get the credit/blame for upticks in case counts.

This should have been a local story, but the exposure it is getting is all out of proportion to that.
Look for the attempted second wave panic to pick up in the next two weeks, to shut down America again and ensure economic collapse and mail in voting.

It is the only way the Communists can win the election.

C S Lewis

Online roamer_1

What we saw here was the traveling BLM/ANTIFA roadshow, making the circuit from Fargo, through Minot, to the Western part of the State. [...] this seemed to be the perfect vehicle for the spread of the virus in order to initiate a second wave of the virus. 

I have been thinking about that as a tactical move too @Smokin Joe
A bunch of infected antifa can spread a whole lot of misery across a whole state with little impact to themselves, as yoots survive this bug handily.

It is a nefarious method, if so.

Offline Smokin Joe

I have been thinking about that as a tactical move too @Smokin Joe
A bunch of infected antifa can spread a whole lot of misery across a whole state with little impact to themselves, as yoots survive this bug handily.

It is a nefarious method, if so.
Just an extension of the germ warfare we have already been subjected to, by Communists, no less.
I can't find anything yet that indicates collusion with the CCP, aside from basic political ideology, but who knows what is going on at high levels?

C S Lewis