Author Topic: Minor League Baseball cancels 2020 season  (Read 699 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Minor League Baseball cancels 2020 season
« on: June 30, 2020, 09:55:22 pm »
Minor League Baseball cancels 2020 season
By Justine Coleman - 06/30/20 05:49 PM EDT

Minor League Baseball on Tuesday officially announced it was canceling its 2020 season.

The league said Major League Baseball (MLB) told the minor league that MLB would not provide it with players for this year’s season.

“These are unprecedented times for our country and our organization as this is the first time in our history that we’ve had a summer without Minor League Baseball played,” Minor League Baseball President and CEO Pat O’Conner said.

“While this is a sad day for many, this announcement removes the uncertainty surrounding the 2020 season and allows our teams to begin planning for an exciting 2021 season of affordable family entertainment,” he added.

more
https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/505324-minor-league-baseball-cancels-2020-season
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online libertybele

Re: Minor League Baseball cancels 2020 season
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2020, 10:20:00 pm »
I should have expected this ... yikes ... just thinking of all the lost revenue.   **nononono*
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2020, 10:27:22 pm »
Maybe---just maybe---this gives MLB's government a chance to re-think and reject the insane-in-the-brain idea of contracting the minors.

Remember, I did say maybe.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2020, 10:39:51 am »
Maybe---just maybe---this gives MLB's government a chance to re-think and reject the insane-in-the-brain idea of contracting the minors.

Remember, I did say maybe.
Fat chance—if anything, it will further entrench the notion.

And I see that nobody wants to admit they can't ensure a safe 2021, either. False hope, false promises.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2020, 12:39:43 pm »
 888cryingkitty
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2020, 12:54:21 pm »
A business has the right to make that decision, just don't go to the taxpayer singing sad songs looking for hand outs....

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2020, 01:29:03 pm »
To be clear, this story is about Minor League baseball.  We still don't know for sure if there will be any Major League play in 2020.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2020, 04:09:53 pm »
A business has the right to make that decision, just don't go to the taxpayer singing sad songs looking for hand outs....
Don't forget an awful lot of minor league teams have gotten handouts---only they're called ballparks.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2020, 04:13:16 pm »
Don't forget an awful lot of minor league teams have gotten handouts---only they're called ballparks.

True, and while the Sugar Land Skeeters are in an independent league, they didn't buy the land and build the ball park.

There are a lot of places with better climates to suit an outdoor baseball stadium.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2020, 04:57:37 pm »
Has anyone given thought that where are the MLB teams going to go to get replacements for injuries? 

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2020, 05:18:34 pm »
Has anyone given thought that where are the MLB teams going to go to get replacements for injuries?

I was wondering that, too.  And also rehab assignments for those Major Leaguers coming off the Injured List.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra