Author Topic: NBA reportedly plans to paint "Black Lives Matter" on courts when season resumes  (Read 487 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

NBA reportedly plans to paint "Black Lives Matter" on courts when season resumes

By Christopher Brito

June 30, 2020 / 10:57 AM / CBS News

The NBA is planning on painting "Black Lives Matter" on courts when the season restarts in late July, ESPN reported Monday. The league and the players' union, the National Basketball Players Association (NBPA), reportedly agreed on highlighting the movement at the Walt Disney World Resort in Orlando.

The death of George Floyd has pushed Black Lives Matter to the forefront, inspiring protests that included some current players. As NBA leadership and its players were in discussions to return playing, some stars brought up the possibility of not playing to retain the focus on social justice issues. Now, according to the report, the NBA will use the hardwood to keep the spotlight on the movement.

"Black Lives Matter" would be painted on the court inside both sidelines in all three arenas, ESPN reported.  The WNBA is also in discussions to do the same when they begin their shortened season at IMG Academy in Bradenton, Florida.

more
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/black-lives-matter-nba-courts-florida-disney-arenas/?ftag=CNM-00-10aab7e&linkId=92371562
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Yawn!!!!

Does anyone at TBR even watch this Thuggery crap anymore?  Last I watched there were guys named Bird and Magic. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online roamer_1

Something I will never witness, guaranteed.

Shut up and sing.

Online libertybele

Yawn!!!!

Does anyone at TBR even watch this Thuggery crap anymore?  Last I watched there were guys named Bird and Magic.

Nope.  I don't watch tv much period. I got sick of the biased commercials, newscasts and tv shows.  I'd much rather read a good book anyways.  Once in awhile we'll go watch the local farm teams play baseball, and that's about it for our "sports watching" ... but I doubt because of COVID we'll do that this year.  One thing that COVID has made me aware of; I'd much rather stay at home and ignore all the day to day b.s. going on.  The world is a much better place that way these days.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.