Author Topic: Most Feel Personally Less Safe, Ready to Turn to Biden  (Read 1389 times)

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Most Feel Personally Less Safe, Ready to Turn to Biden
« on: June 26, 2020, 04:24:06 pm »
https://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/general_politics/june_2020/most_feel_personally_less_safe_ready_to_turn_to_biden

Most Feel Personally Less Safe, Ready to Turn to Biden

Voters worry about their safety more these days and have more confidence in Joe Biden than President Trump to make things better. But once again party affiliation makes a big difference.

A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone and online survey finds that 52% of Likely U.S. Voters feel personally less safe than they did four years ago. Nineteen percent (19%) feel more safe now, while 26% say their feeling of personal safety is about the same. (To see survey question wording, click here.)

Sixty-four percent (64%) of Democrats and 53% of voters not affiliated with either major party feel less safe now, compared to just 39% of Republicans. GOP voters are more likely than the others to feel more safe.

Forty-nine percent (49%) of all voters believe Biden, the putative Democratic presidential nominee, will make America a safer place to live. Forty-two percent (42%) disagree and think Trump will do a better job.

More at URL above...

Offline Fishrrman

Re: Most Feel Personally Less Safe, Ready to Turn to Biden
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2020, 04:24:57 pm »
Go ahead, America.
You'll be 'way "safer" with this guy:

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2020, 04:29:25 pm »
I look at it this way.  If they kidnap your daughter, would you pay the ransom, or refuse because it's not fair?

I think most people realize what the Rats are doing, they are the ones who are controlling BLM and the lockdowns.    But if Trump can't stop it, at least they do realize if Trump  loses, the Democrats will "call off the dogs" and life will get back to "normal".  And as a result, for all intents and purposes, we become a "One-Party State".  And people really don't want four more years of this, even if they think it's not Trump's fault, and even if they know the Democrats act like babies. 

It's like Bill Cosby once said, "The truth is that parents are not really interested in justice. They just want quiet."

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2020, 04:42:37 pm »
Polls! :3:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline LMAO

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2020, 04:47:22 pm »
Polls! :3:

I would not be so dismissive of any polls. It’s very bad news for Donald Trump right now. It’s still a ways off till November and anything can happen. And Biden’s strategy of staying hidden is working very well for him
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline skeeter

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2020, 04:56:51 pm »
I would not be so dismissive of any polls. It’s very bad news for Donald Trump right now. It’s still a ways off till November and anything can happen. And Biden’s strategy of staying hidden is working very well for him
likewise, if the polls reflect reality, biden can’t be too comfortable with them since they are based upon an illusion. I have a feeling things will again change once Trump actually begins his campaign.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2020, 05:03:52 pm »
likewise, if the polls reflect reality, biden can’t be too comfortable with them since they are based upon an illusion. I have a feeling things will again change once Trump actually begins his campaign.

Trump has made some major missteps and Biden is the automatic “go to” candidate.  For now, voters to see him as the safer option.

I cannot predict what’s going to happen this election.  I cannot recall any incumbent president that was in this much trouble and went on to win reelection.

On the other hand, any incumbent president that has not faced a primary challenge in his own party has gone on to win reelection.

I do think a major push back against the left is coming at some point. I just don’t know if it will be soon enough this election cycle

Ronald Reagan handily won reelection because he clearly defined to the American public who the modern day Democrats were.  He called them the “San Francisco Democrats.”

But Ronald Reagan also didn’t push conspiracy theories about a media opponent
« Last Edit: June 26, 2020, 05:05:10 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline skeeter

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2020, 05:06:41 pm »
Trump has made some major missteps and Biden is the automatic “go to” candidate.  For now, voters to see him as the safer option.

I cannot predict what’s going to happen this election.  I cannot recall any incumbent president that was in this much trouble and went on to win reelection.

On the other hand, any incumbent president that has not faced a primary challenge in his own party has gone on to win reelection.

I do think a major push back against the left is coming at some point. I just don’t know if it will be soon enough this election cycle

Ronald Reagan handily won reelection because he clearly defined to the American public who the modern day Democrats were.  He called them the “San Francisco Democrats.”

There are all kinds of firsts happening these days. I've never lived through an election where one candidate was half dead. We shall see.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2020, 05:07:35 pm »

?? Why would you believe any poll??  When was the last time you can recall that any poll was accurate during an election cycle?

Of course the MSM polls are going to show Biden winning.  Seriously??  He just stated that over 120,000,000 people died of COVID.  He ain't black don't ya know and I'd say he's a lying dog-faced pony solider!

Liberals want people to feel less safe and they want the economy to tank -- both issues have been created by the DEMS because they are grasping for a way to win -- fraud and corruption are certainly on the table as well.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2020, 05:08:29 pm »
There are all kinds of firsts happening these days. I've never lived through an election where one candidate was half dead. We shall see.

No worries he will be replaced around convention time.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2020, 05:11:17 pm »

You can do as you like but I'm telling you that these for public consumption polls are NOT intended to measure opinions. Their purpose is to drive them.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline LMAO

« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2020, 05:19:13 pm »
?? Why would you believe any poll??  When was the last time you can recall that any poll was accurate during an election cycle?

Of course the MSM polls are going to show Biden winning.  Seriously??  He just stated that over 120,000,000 people died of COVID.  He ain't black don't ya know and I'd say he's a lying dog-faced pony solider!

Liberals want people to feel less safe and they want the economy to tank -- both issues have been created by the DEMS because they are grasping for a way to win -- fraud and corruption are certainly on the table as well.

Well, part of being a conservative also means that you’re a realist and accepting the reality, good or bad.

Polls are going to go back-and-forth and probably tighten up as we get closer to the election. And Biden is going to have to come out of hiding at some point which will probably help Trump’s  fortunes a bit

The question will it be enough to put Trump over the finish line? Trump is no longer an outsider. He is the incumbent. And right now in June 2020, the American public is giving him a thumbs down.

Barry Goldwater

Offline FeelNoPain

• Could have ended QAnon with a tweet.
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2020, 05:20:25 pm »

I always got a kick out of Trump's political instincts. But I couldn't agree more about the missteps he's making now. Unforced errors and bad optics concerning the Confederacy, healthcare, and rallies. He's not heeding cultural shift and he's not understanding that the Dem strategists have recently gotten a clue on how to properly bullsh*t the public.
"I’d like to begin by addressing the heinous attack on the United States Capitol. Like all Americans I am outraged by the violence, lawlessness and mayhem...

To demonstrators who infiltrated the Capitol: you have defiled the seat of American democracy. To those who engage in the acts of violence and destruction: you do not represent our country. And to those who broke the law: you will pay." - President Donald J. Trump, January 7th, 2021

Offline Fishrrman

« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2020, 05:25:18 pm »
Bigun wrote:
"You can do as you like but I'm telling you that these for public consumption polls are NOT intended to measure opinions. Their purpose is to drive them."

Point taken.
Very well, then.
What do the INTERNAL polls say?

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2020, 05:29:45 pm »
I look at it this way.  If they kidnap your daughter, would you pay the ransom, or refuse because it's not fair?

I think most people realize what the Rats are doing, they are the ones who are controlling BLM and the lockdowns.    But if Trump can't stop it, at least they do realize if Trump  loses, the Democrats will "call off the dogs" and life will get back to "normal".  And as a result, for all intents and purposes, we become a "One-Party State".  And people really don't want four more years of this, even if they think it's not Trump's fault, and even if they know the Democrats act like babies. 

It's like Bill Cosby once said, "The truth is that parents are not really interested in justice. They just want quiet."

Well said,  and I agree.  Folks are at that point of stress and fear that they are about to cry "uncle".

It is a travesty and the justice of the mob.  But folks are weary.
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2020, 05:30:43 pm »
Bigun wrote:
"You can do as you like but I'm telling you that these for public consumption polls are NOT intended to measure opinions. Their purpose is to drive them."

Point taken.
Very well, then.
What do the INTERNAL polls say?

I am not at liberty to disclose that information.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline LMAO

« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2020, 05:34:24 pm »
Well said,  and I agree.  Folks are at that point of stress and fear that they are about to cry "uncle".

It is a travesty and the justice of the mob.  But folks are weary.

It’s the result of when they don’t see anybody in leadership  that’s willing to step up. It’s the path of least resistance

Barry Goldwater

Offline skeeter

« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2020, 05:35:42 pm »

Well, part of being a conservative also means that you’re a realist and accepting the reality, good or bad.

Polls are going to go back-and-forth and probably tighten up as we get closer to the election. And Biden is going to have to come out of hiding at some point which will probably help Trump’s  fortunes a bit

The question will it be enough to put Trump over the finish line? Trump is no longer an outsider. He is the incumbent. And right now in June 2020, the American public is giving him a thumbs down.
if they truly are giving him a ‘thumbs down’ it will be because they are upset with him for not acting more forcefully to quell the riots. However I cannot imagine them then opting to elect someone from the political arm of Antifa in response. I think these polls are being misinterpreted.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2020, 06:04:44 pm »
I think these polls are being misinterpreted.

Polls are simply a snapshot of public opinion at a certain point in time with the information the public has

Barry Goldwater

Offline libertybele

« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2020, 06:06:34 pm »

I am a realist period.  The reality of the situation has been since Trump was nominated that the leftists and RINO's vowed to do everything that they could to ensure that he was a one term president.  Take a look at what has happened; Russian collusion, Burismagate, impeachment, COVID, riots.  Name one of the instances in which the DEMS either didn't create the issue or take advantage of the situation to try to destroy Trump.  I could take each issue one by one, but I've commented and posted on each numerous times -- so I 'll save everyone the repetition for once.

I am not by any means a Trump supporter, not do I give him a free pass on everything.  That's not in my nature.

Ask yourself, who is conducting these polls and how many polls have been accurate the past couple of election cycles?  It's not a matter of polls going back and forth 'ts a matter of the polls being conducted to fulfill an agenda and to sway opinion. There are lots of ways to ask a question to get a desired result.

Heck yes I feel less safe ... but who is funding these riots?    The leftists, globalist and the Chinese.

One thing I have no doubt about - IF Biden is elected, miraculously the riots will stop, the virus will disappear and the US will be a brighter place -- temporarily -- at the cost of losing our Republic and becoming a socialist entity. Count on it.  Did Trump create the riots?  No.  Did he create the virus?  No.  Who did?  Who benefits from these two issues? The DEMS and Biden.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2020, 06:06:44 pm »
Polls are simply a snapshot of public opinion at a certain point in time with the information the public has
I know but I can’t help but apply a little of my own critical thinking when I hear em.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2020, 06:07:13 pm »
if they truly are giving him a ‘thumbs down’ it will be because they are upset with him for not acting more forcefully to quell the riots. However I cannot imagine them then opting to elect someone from the political arm of Antifa in response. I think these polls are being misinterpreted.

:amen: 888high58888

Offline skeeter

« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2020, 06:10:03 pm »
:amen: 888high58888
The barrage of slanted anti Trump coverage is reaching a fever pitch, and now comes these polls. It’s a bit too pat.

One way to beat a candidate is to hobble them so badly early on that even though they recover they can never recover enough to win. Thats what it looks like the media are doing here.

The corrupt pieces of doggie squeeze.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2020, 06:11:07 pm by skeeter »

Offline LMAO

« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2020, 06:14:32 pm »
I think there is a huge reluctance for people to accept the harsh truth.  In June 2020,  Trumps chance of being reelected are extremely slim

But he will have several advantages going forward.  His opponent is gaffe prone, doesn’t know where he is most of the time and can’t finish anything more than a two sentence thought. Trump has the advantage of incumbency and he did not face a primary challenge.  His opponent also has been in Washington DC all his life and can’t articulate what he would do different except repeat platitudes. 

I don’t think Trump himself believes that he can lose.  If he does not  accept That he is in political trouble, get ready to say president Joe Biden and the House of ANTIFA
« Last Edit: June 26, 2020, 06:15:20 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline aligncare

« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2020, 06:47:16 pm »
It’s the result of when they don’t see anybody in leadership  that’s willing to step up. It’s the path of least resistance

Unfortunately, the right is forced to thread a path where a misstep could blow up much bigger things than just Trump‘s presidency. Constitutional liberties, conservative-liberal-free market-libertarian (whatever floats your boat) are at stake if the left succeed in this insurgency and power grab.

Then, it’s turn out the lights. Strong conservative leaders with the background and backbone to fight the left and to put themselves and their families through a grinding, pulverizing political process are hard to come by—especially after seeing what they’ve done to Trump and family. And if anyone should think some other republican political outsider than Trump could escape such disgraceful, unfair treatment, their thinking would be wrong.