Author Topic: Rick Scott: Expect Dems to End Filibuster, Stack Supreme Court If Biden Wins  (Read 285 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Jeff Poor 26 Jun 2020

During Hugh Hewitt’s Friday broadcast, Sen. Rick Scott (R-FL) warned of the consequences of a Joe Biden victory in November.

The Florida Republican lawmaker said Senate Democrats would end the filibuster when asked by host Hugh Hewitt.

“Chris Coons led the effort to keep it when Trump got elected, right?” he said. “And now, he’s leading the effort to get rid of it if Biden gets elected. I mean, how disingenuous that somebody would do that, take this position if this person is the president, this position if this person is president. However, I’ve been there for 18 months. It’s really consistent. The Democrats do it every day. So yeah, do I believe they’ll get rid of it? Yeah. They’ll do that.”

Scott went on to say Democrats would not stop with the filibuster, but also attempt to expand the Supreme Court because, as he put it, “all they care about is power.”

“They’ll try to stack the Supreme Court. They’ll do everything they can to make sure they have power forever,” Scott continued. “That’s all they care. They don’t care about you. They don’t care about making your life better. They care about their power. That’s what they care about every day. The Democrats, all they care about is power.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2020/06/26/rick-scott-expect-dems-to-end-filibuster-stack-supreme-court-if-biden-wins/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
They've also threatened to expand the court to 11 justices.  Dim playbook reads, if you can't win, change the rules.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Night Hides Not

IOW, it's the standard Republican playbook: the only thing they have to run on is fear of the Democrats. Except for getting judges approved, what have the Republicans accomplished legislatively? They've hardly been supportive of President Trump's agenda...and I'm casting a reluctant vote for Trump in November.

Monuments of great Americans are being destroyed, our history is under attack, and nobody in Washington is lifting a finger. I don't cast my vote over fear of the Democrats, not when the Republicans haven't defended my American values. I didn't vote for John Cornyn because I wanted Juneteenth to be a national holiday.

Perhaps the best way to clean out the morass is to kick out the septuagenarians with an R after their names. With history as a guide, power shifts from party to party during most election cycles. With the volatility we're seeing, I'm betting that these shifts will continue.

Senator Scott, put your fear trip in the circular file, I'm not buying it.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.